Arc VIII Chapter 5
6.5k 21 192
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VIII


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VIII Chapter 5


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


A thick layer of snow and ice covered the formerly peaceful valley. Her attempt at evaporating her enemy ... slightly backfired. The avalanche buried everything, forests, trees. It didn't matter, the snow turned the valley into a silent graveyard. Lesser mortals would have been overwhelmed by the avalanche, but not Asami.

 

In her infinite wisdom, however, Asami erected a shield, a purple dome of multiple layers of chakra, a cathedral of light, to protect her cute little sister from the masses of snow. The snow formed a cavern, protecting, shielding, sheltering them from the harsh world. The snow wasn't her enemy. The snow was them friend, peaceful, calm, serene, pristine, silent.

 

Darkness limited her vision, but a purple flame, her child, illuminated the improvised cavern. Her purple will-o-wisp was floating through the air, dancing. Her flame jumped around in joy, much to Asami annoyance. This was definitely going too far. Her chakra was playful. Moody. Curious. Stubborn. Greedy. Sly. Envious. Proud. Petty. Where did her chakra get these bad habits from?

 

“...” Asami gave her child an icy stare. Stop this nonsense.

 

“...” Her flame obeyed and shrank. Her pitiful purple flame looked saddened, dejected.

 

Asami sighed, relenting. “Forget it. Do whatever you want. I don't care.”

 

“...” The purple flame rejoiced and resumed its activity with new vigour. 

 

In the meanwhile, Asami spotted Tobi down below hugging her legs. “Tobi, what are you doing?”

 

“...” Tobi gulped. “Are the evil people finally gone, senpai~?”

 

Asami merely nodded. “Tobi, why are you hugging my legs?”

 

“...” Tobi hesitated, fidgeting. “Ehm, well, evil people scaring Tobi and giant avalanche ... Also, senpai~ has pleasant fragrance. So Tobi decided to hide behind Asami-senpai~. Senpai the safest place in the world! Senpai protecting Tobi when in danger.”

 

...

...

...

 

Asami sighed in exasperation. “Seriously, Tobi, how did you ever manage to join Akatsuki with your lacklustre credentials?”

 

Tobi scratched his clueless head. “Tobi has no idea. Pain-sama was recruiting ...”

 

“Senpai~, look. Look, what is this?” Tobi changed the topic, pointing at her flame. Childish glee filled his eyes. He found a new toy.

 

“...” Asami and her flame exchanged questioning glances. The existence named Tobi confused them both. His stupidity defied common sense. 

 

Tobi marvelled at her flame. “Senpai, can I touch it?”

 

Asami clicked her tongue. “Tobi, don't even think about ...”

 

“...” Tobi poked her flame. He poked, and poked, and poked.

 

He poked her flame. Apparently, he had a lot of fun. 

 

“Tobi, ... stop ... poking ... my flame.”

 

Tobi protested, “But ... But ... But ... The flame is cute and fluffy. Just like senpai ...”

 

“Ouch.” Tobi jolted up in pain, rubbing his finger. “Senpai, your evil flame attacked me.”

 

Asami rolled her eyes and dismissed his claim. “Sure.”

 

“I swear the flame ... Ouch.”

 

“Ouch.”

 

“Ouch.”

 

“Help me, senpai~! Help me! Tobi under attack!” Tobi ran in circles, hunted by a furious will-o-wisp. Her purple flame chased and attacked him.

 

Tobi hid behind Asami and cowered in fear. “Senpai, please, help me! The evil fire spirit attacks Tobi!”

 

...

...

...

 

“...” Asami gave Tobi a painful reminder. Her fist struck.

 

“Ouch.” Tobi rubbed his abused head.

 

“Idiot, stop poking my child, and you will be fine.” Asami glared at him before dedicating her attention to the girl. Her condition was critical.

 

Asami placed the girl on the ground and snapped her fingers to light a fire. The cavern was cold.

 

Tobi warmed his freezing hands at her improvised bonfire. He was happy. “Warmth.”

 

Asami removed the girl's clothes and examined her state. Her breathing was erratic, her pulse weak, her temperature low, her blood loss significant. The girl had to be stabilised. Immediately. Time was of essence. Unfortunately, she didn't know any medical ninjutsu, but a solution was needed.

 

Asami unholstered a kunai and closed her eyes. Her grip was tight. Desperate times required drastic measures. It was time to take a gamble. It was time to trust in her blood.

 

Her kunai cut her wrist. Her blood heeded her call, shimmering vivid red with traces of purple. This wasn't mere blood. This was more. Enriched with the purest form of chakra, her blood was her catalyst. Powerful, potent, vigorous.

 

Her blood dripped down. Droplet after droplet covered the wound. She would save the girl. Her blood proved effective. The girl's wound healed under a purple glimmer.

 

Asami cleared the remaining blood from her wrist, while Tobi was hiding in the corner, shivering.

 

Asami raised her eyebrow. “Tobi, why are you ...”

 

“Senpai~ using evil blood magic.” Tobi pointed his accusing finger at her. “Senpai in truth evil witch disguised as little girl. Poor Tobi next victim of her evil machinations.”

 

...

...

...

 

Asami glared, hardly moved. “Tobi, ... shut up.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

192