Arc VIII Chapter 10
6.7k 53 167
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

VIII


━━━━━━┓༻❁༺┏━━━━━━


Arc VIII Chapter 10


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


Asami's lips formed a smile. Her susanoo struck while his guards were forced to watch the spectacle, unable to assist their master. The air was tense and the conflict escalated. Mitsuhiko's men drew their swords. The doors burst open and reinforcements arrived.

 

Armed with their glorified sticks and false bravado, his men surrounded her. They believed they could threaten her, but the white of their eyes betrayed their fear.

 

“...” Asami grinned. His men stood their ground and dared to challenge her in their hubris.

 

Kazuma gripped his sword and his men followed suit. “Release our Lord! Immediately! We might even overlook your transgression ...”

 

“Hehehe ...” Asami answered with an ominous giggle. Her new friends entertained her.

 

“Kazuma.” Asami remembered his name. “Do you really think you can threaten me? Do you really think you can order me? You overestimate your position, Kazuma. Lower your weapons, and I might spare you and your men.”

 

“...” Kazuma stared into the darkness of her eyes. The black abyss stared back. The man gritted his teeth, his rage visible. “Who do you think you are?” 

 

Asami tilted her head. “I am who I am. I am Asami, the Black Princess of Konoha, far more powerful than you can ever imagine, so know your place.”

 

Kazuma didn't waver. Her friendly reminder only strengthened his resolve. “Listen, we won't back down because of a little girl. On our honour, we will fight ...”

 

“Stop, Kazuma, don't provoke her! The girl will slaughter us all.” Mitsuhiko intervened before it was too late.  

 

Kazuma blinked. His lord confused him. “Lord Mitsuhiko ...”

 

“Kazuma, lower your weapons! Don't provoke her! Don't attack under any circumstances!”

 

“...” Kazuma hesitated, but he obeyed.

 

Asami was pleased. “Mitsuhiko, you are smarter than I thought.”

 

Mitsuhiko offered his best smile. “You flatter me. I hope that we can solve this situation peacefully. All this is just an unfortunate misunderstanding.”

 

Asami's grin broadened. “I doubt so. This isn't a misunderstanding, Mitsuhiko. Tell me, what happened the fateful night your brother died?”

 

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Mitsuhiko's air supply dwindled as breathing grew increasingly difficult. Asphyxiation approached. Her skeletal avatar choked him to death. Coated in a demonic purple, her creation crushed his thorax.

 

Asami increased the pressure and Mitsuhiko bit his lips. His bones cracked.

 

Yet Mitsuhiko maintained his façade. “I know nothing.”

 

His answer displeased Asami, and punishment was administered swiftly. Her grip tightened, and his ribs paid the price. A crack echoed through the air. Her distinct chakra saturated the room, uncaring, cold, threatening. A murderous maelstrom of immensity.

 

Her sinister smile made Mitsuhiko paled. “Mitsuhiko, don't lie to me. We both know what I want.”

 

Mitsuhiko mustered his courage. “How the fuck I am supposed to know what you want? My brother is dead! He died!”

 

Asami sighed in disappointment. “Mitsuhiko, the truth is a matter of utmost importance. The time has come to confess your sins. You killed your brother, didn't you?”

 

Mitsuhiko didn't understand. Nothing made sense. “Yes, I killed him. So what? Are you going to kill me? Did the infamous butcher of Konoha suddenly turn into a champion of justice?”

 

Asami sipped on her tea. The tea was truly excellent. “Indeed, this is a matter of justice. You destroyed her home, killed her father, and murdered her beloved mother. You took everything from her, and I will take everything from you.”

 

“...” Mitsuhiko's eyes widened in disbelief. He struggled in vain.

 

Asami smiled, beaming. “Mitsuhiko, I think that it's time for a little story. On my way here, I stumbled across a poor girl. Her state was deplorable. Lying in the snow, unconscious, the girl was destined to freeze to death, but I took pity on her. I protected her from the elements and her pursuers. Do you know her name, Mitsuhiko? Her name was ... Yuki.”

 

“Yuki ...” Mitsuhiko's blood froze. He realised the gravity of his situation.

 

Asami smirked. “It seems that you finally understand.”

 

“Wait! Wait!” Mitsuhiko panicked. “We can negotiate! I can offer money? Land? Power?”

 

He was desperate. “I can give you everything. Everything you want and more!”

 

“Amusing, are you trying to bribe me?” Asami chuckled. “It's true, I like both, money and power ...”

 

“Kazuma, bring the money! Quickly!”

 

His men brought the wooden crates. They were filled to the brim, but even millions weren't enough.

 

Asami shook her head. “Mitsuhiko, I doubt that mere money will suffice ...”

 

“I understand. I can organise more. Kazuma!” Mitsuhiko still didn't understand. He clung to his empty hopes. His men arranged more wooden cases, heavier than their predecessor. The crates contained gold, pure gold. The ingots bewitched her. Among the ingots, throned a lovely cat waving at her with her tiny paw.

 

Asami claimed the neko first, her new companion, her new lucky charm. Her cat. Her gold. Her neko. 

 

Mitsuhiko's conceited grin resurfaced. His arrogance, his confidence, returned. Little did he know his life was already forfeited. “These riches are all yours. They were part of our family treasure. They were intended as compensation for your mission, but I offer you them as compensation for my life.”

 

Asami petted her cat. Mitsuhiko was brave. “Such can be arranged. I will spare your life.”

 

Her Susanoo vanished, dissipating into an amorphous cloud of shining purple particles. Her chakra roamed the room and solidified with gruesome effectiveness. In the blink of an eye, her work was done. Her chakra summoned an array of expanding spikes. Her creations cut through stone, wood, human flesh, and bone alike.

 

Her spikes eliminated guard indiscriminately. Their corpses hung afloat in the air like a collection of mannequins. Only Mitsuhiko survived, spared by her benevolence.

 

“...” Mitsuhiko froze, petrified by fear. He didn't understand. He didn't comprehend.

 

Asami giggled. Purple darkness shrouded her eyes. His end was near. “Did you really think you would escape judgment? I demand more, Mitsuhiko. I demand revenge. I demand retribution. I demand justice.” Her fingers lit a fire. Flickering purple flames danced across her palm.

 

“I promised you to spare your life, and I will honour my word. I will give you the same chance you gave Yuki a long time ago.” Her fire spread fast, devouring the entire castle in a blazing storm. Asami drew her sword and stepped closer. Her blade glimmered amidst the flames. Each step of her resounded through the room. 

 

 

“...” Mitsuhiko paled. “No! Stop! Go away!”

 

Asami gripped her sword. “Your pitiful existence ends here. You shall pay for your sins, cleansed by fire.”

 

Asami struck. Her blade skewered his legs. Muscles, bone yielded, and hollow cries of pain filled the night. Nobody heard his cries. They met with silence.

 

Asami waved goodbye. “Sayonara, Mitsuhiko, I wish you luck. You will need it. Being burned alive is ... a painful experience.”


━━━━━━┛༻❁༺┗━━━━━━


 

167