159 – The Genius Sister is Doubtful – I
2k 11 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aisha Notus Greyrat. That was the name of the young teen walking through the streets of Sharia. Wearing the white blazer and pleated black skirt uniform of the Ranoa Magic Academy, she stifled a yawn and then tucked a strand of her maroon hair behind her ear. After that, her violet eyes swept across the windows of the shops around her, looking for anything useful.

‘Let’s see… Big Sis Roxy has been busy recently, so something that could help her relax…’

As always, the streets were bustling with people. But since today was a break day from classes, Aisha could see a lot of other students walking around as well, their uniforms distinctly setting them apart from other people.

Seeing them, she let out a sigh. “It’d be nice to see everyone again…”

Spoiler

[collapse]

Aisha could still vaguely remember her family. The goofy father, her serious mother, her cute older sister, her super serious older brother… There had been some other people with their family as well, like Big Sis Sylphy, but after all this time it was getting a bit hard to remember.

Fiddling with her purse, Aisha frowned and muttered, “Is Big Brother really that great though…?”

After the spacetime distortion, everyone had been scattered throughout the world. It wasn’t just Aisha’s family that had been affected. As a world-wide phenomenon, it indiscriminately sent people all over, and it was the luck of the draw whether someone was safe or not.

Well. Roxy said that wasn’t entirely true. Apparently, her Big Brother was a super genius who made it so that they were all transported to a safe place. He was also apparently someone who could have resolved all of the issues Roxy was facing right now with a snap of his fingers. Not only that, but he was someone that Big Sis Sylphy was so desperate to see, she went off on her own to become an adventurer and dive into distortion dungeons to try and find him.

It all went to show how great her big brother apparently was.

Apparently.

Aisha doubted that though.

To begin with, if he was so great, why hadn’t he showed up already? When they were in danger with Roxy and Sylphy risking their lives to keep Aisha safe, when they spent years and years in distortion dungeons trying to make their way out, when Aisha herself had grown up to a young teen from all the distorted time that she and Roxy had to go through while making their way to Ranoa Kingdom…

Yes. Aisha doubted that her big brother was that great. She had vague memories of him being able to use magic when he was pretty young, but Aisha could do the same. And she was even the youngest student to enroll in the Ranoa Magic Academy in the past decade.

No. Aisha thought that Roxy was just deluding herself. Especially since they hadn’t received any contact from him despite Roxy being so famous.

After all, by this point Roxy Migurdia had gotten so famous as the <Thousand Master Sorceress> that even people from the distant Begaritt continent and the Heaven continent had sent some envoys to meet with her and discuss the Spacetime Distortion Incident.

If Big Brother was as great as Roxy said, he should definitely have heard about them and sent a message their way. And if not that, with how great he was, they should have heard something about them.

For example, even their goofy Father’s name had come up recently as a Sword God of a brand new school. And because of that, Aisha knew that her older sister Norn was safe and sound.

But Rudeus…

Nothing.

“Realistically, he’s probably long dead. My baby sister too.” Aisha mumbled to herself to sort out her thoughts as she kept walking through the streets. “After this long without any news… Mom and Mommy Zenith are probably fine. Big Sis Roxy said that Mommy Zenith was a famous adventurer and Mom was a good swordswoman, so they’re probably just trapped in a dungeon somewhere. But Big Brother and my baby sister…”

No matter how much of a genius her big brother was said to be, Aisha just couldn’t believe that he’d be able to survive being tossed into a random dangerous location.

After all, Aisha was the youngest and best magic formation sorceress Ranoa had ever seen with innate talent in both seeing mana and manipulating every elemental branch of magic all the way up to <King>.

Even then, that was when she was ten years old. For someone even younger than that to be able to survive…

Aisha walked past a stall selling kebabs and absently paid for one to snack on before walking away.

As she did, Aisha heard a young woman’s voice echo from behind her.

“Hm. These look pretty good… Do you think the kids would like some?”

Aisha glanced back to see a group of three people standing at the kebab stall. A handsome young man with green hair surrounded on his left and right by a pair of beautiful blonde women.

The green-haired man rubbed the back of his neck and frowned. “I’m not sure…”

Aisha resisted the urge to snort and then walked off.

Guys… they were always so indecisive.

Like all the guys trying to date Roxy. Always beating around the bush and never saying things straight out…

Aisha nibbled on her kebab and kept walking along the streets, thinking to herself.

Seriously. Roxy should just relax a bit and go on some dates… Then again, the last time someone tried asking Roxy out, he was blasted through a window on reflex.

Aisha sighed and finished her kebab, turning the stick to ashes with a small flame. After that, she stuck her hands in her blazer’s pockets and kept walking.

Okay. The problem was definitely with Roxy. If she would just loosen up a bit more and relax… After all, Aisha wasn’t a toddler anymore. It wasn’t like Roxy had to worry about her. And she also wasn’t getting any younger, so-

A light tug at the back of Aisha’s shirt, followed by a young girl’s voice.

“Um. Excuse me?”

Aisha blinked and then turned around to see a cute blonde girl wearing a backpack, white shirt, and blue jeans.

The young girl looked up at Aisha with sparkling green eyes and said, “I’m looking for my big sister, but I got lost. Can you help me find her?”

“Big sister?” Aisha tilted her head and stared at the young girl.

She was cute. Barely over five years old, if that. She looked like she also had really good mana affinity too with how the elemental mana in the air were naturally drifting towards her.

Spoiler

[collapse]

That made Aisha curious about who the girl was. If the girl was that much of a natural, then her big sister…

“Miss?”

Aisha blinked and realized she was spacing out. She let out a soft smile and said, “Sorry. But yes, I can help you find your big sister.”

“Great!” The young girl stuck out her hand and said, “I’m Stella!”

Aisha smiled and took the young girl’s hand. “You can call me Ai, Stella.”

“Okay, Miss Ai.” Stella smiled and said, “It’s nice to meet you!”

“And you too. Now, what does your big sister look like? And where did you last see her?”

“Well…” Stella placed her left hand on her chin and said, “Onee-chan has blonde hair like me and green eyes. She’s around your age too, I think?”

“Really?” Aisha hummed and said, “Does she go to the academy then?”

“Not yet.” Stella shook her head and said, “Onii-chan said that he’s heading there to do the paperwork, but Onee-chan isn’t a student yet.”

So not someone that Aisha would know. That made sense. Since she was the student council president, Aisha remembered the faces and characteristics of all the enrolled students. And she would definitely remember someone like that enrolling.

“I see… It might be hard to find her then.”

“Oh!” Stella looked up and said, “She’s dressed like an adventurer too! And I think she said she wanted to go check the adventurers guild? Do you know where that is?”

“I do. Should we-“

*GROWL*

Stella blushed and looked down, covering her belly.

Aisha laughed and said, “How about we get you some food first?”

“…Please and thank you.”

-ENG-

Eos watched Stella walk away with a red-haired teenaged girl and frowned. Looking towards Roland, she said, “Should we follow them?”

Roland stared at the red-haired girl with a strange expression before shaking his head. “It’s fine. Dad made Stella take all of her elementals with her, remember?”

“Ah.” Eos nodded. “True…”

Since Rudy was going to be busy sorting out various affairs, he had forced Stella’s elementals to be with her all the time in spiritual form to act as invisible protectors.

Ena happily munched on a glazed barbecue kebab, ignoring how the sauce dripped on her chest, and said, “These are delicious!”

Roland looked at her and then sighed. “Sis. You need to be more self-conscious about these things.” After saying that, he pulled out a handkerchief in his pocket and reached out to wipe off the sauce.

An act that gave him a lot of pointed looks from all the males in the vicinity.

Eos snorted. “Hypocrite.”

Roland finished wiping off the sauce and then looked at Eos. “What?”

She rolled her eyes and then grabbed Roland’s left arm. “Just hurry up and guide us around.”

Ena finished eating the kebab and carefully cleaned the stick with water magic before shoving it in her sleeve. After that, she grabbed Roland’s right arm and said, “Yeah! Take us shopping, Big Bro!”

Roland sighed before muttering, “Some things never change, do they?”

-NNG-

Norn looked around the fancy building she just walked into and whistled. Taking a look backwards, she said, “This is a lot prettier than the other adventurers guilds we visited, isn’t it, Big Sis?”

Eris walked in behind Norn and gave an absent nod. “Sure.”

Norn frowned and said, “Are you still mad Rui didn’t take you with him to see Miss Roxy?”

“No. It’s just…” Eris blushed and then took a look around before leaning close to Norn and saying, “I-I don’t know how weddings work…”

Norn blinked and then laughed.

“W-What?!” Eris leaned back with a huff and said, “It’s not funny!”

“S-Sorry, Big Sis. It’s just…” Norn smiled and said, “You really are girly around Rui, aren’t you?”

“I’ve always been girly!”

Norn’s smile widened before she grabbed Eris’s hand and said, “Come on! Let’s go see if there are any fun requests we can do before meeting up with Rui.”

-RNG-

Miko looked around the fancy courtyard with wide eyes before looking back at me. “Mister Rudy… Are you sure it’s fine for me to be here?”

I waved my hand and said, “Don’t worry about it. You’re both Stella and Norn’s friend, so I can spot the enrollment fee for something like this.”

It was tough making new friends, so having Miko there to round out a group of three would help a lot. Especially since Miko was good at reading people’s intentions with her special eyes.

Leaning on my right side, with my arm wrapped within her own, Sylphy hummed and said, “So this is where we would have gone if Father-in-law hadn’t decided to betroth you to Eri, is it?”

“Back to calling him Father-in-law instead of Father or Paul, Sylphy?”

Sylphy giggled and said, “Well. I think Papa will get jealous, so I have to be careful.”

“Ooh. That’s a good point.”

I hadn’t met Laws for a while, but since he laid out a symphony on Dad’s face last time, I wouldn’t be surprised if he could do a whole epic. Even if Dad was a Sword God who mastered crazy and BS anime techniques.

Sylphy shifted her gaze to the tallest tower of the academy and said, “Do you think the Headmaster will agree to let them in?”

“It should be fine.”

I was a bit curious though.

Whoever was in charge of the Ranoa Magic Academy was incredibly skilled at magic and understood it on a granular and fundamental level that I hadn’t even thought about.

Mostly because I was focusing on the ‘bend reality to your will with mana’ avenue instead.

I could still use my magic and Clairvoyance without restriction here, but from the way everything was set up, that would trigger all sorts of red flags. Well, unless I thought real hard about how to get around it, but it wasn’t worth the effort to antagonize the Headmaster.

Besides, I overheard from a few different people that Roxy apparently had a job here because of that Headmaster, so I didn’t want to be too rude.

Moreover…

I reached up with my left hand to adjust the bowtie of my fancy suit before pulling out my expensive looking pure diamond cane from a subspace. Tapping it on the ground, I smiled and said, “And if it isn’t… Well, I’ve always wanted to try and play the obscenely rich nobleman.”

Sylphy’s eyes lit up and then she snapped her fingers. When she did, a black leather collar appeared around her neck.

“…What’s that for?”

Sylphy smiled and said, “Well. If you’re an obscenely rich nobleman, that means that you’re rich enough to afford a high class courtesan slave like me, right?”

“…You’ve been reading those trashy Asuran Noble romance novels again haven’t you.”

“Teehee.”

I sighed and ran my left hand through my currently brown hair. “Whatever.” I grabbed my diamond cane again, left floating as I ran my hand through my hair, and walked towards the main entrance, ignoring the curious gazes of the students around me. “Let’s go finish this paper work and entrance interview before looking for a priest to ordain our wedding.”

Hopefully there was one that wasn’t a super stringent Saint Milis follower nearby. If not, I’d need to go pop back into Milis to grab Cliff-

Oh. And I should probably go look at real estate to get a house here. Since it was the center of magic research, it’d be a hassle if I just magicked something into existence, so I had to make sure I went through the proper red tape.

Then there was dealing with Roxy, setting up a place for everyone else…

…Well. Better than running a kingdom and dealing with politics, right?

Have pictures, but away from main computer right now. I’ll add them in when I get the chance later today. Added Stella and Aisha

37