Chapter 14: Leo
3.4k 5 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The morning finally arrived at the lawless town of Agrona.

And welp, things happened!

I turned my head down while walking through the huge crowd gathering at the side of the street gazing at me.

"Tsch, another one? They will never learn, won't they?"

I heard the voice of one of them but I didn't even try to look at him and just continued towards the location of the main base of the faction.

Yep, I just decided to challenge the faction leader because I thought it would be cool.

Good luck to me, I guess?

I felt the grip of Misha's hand on my hand. I tried to leave her in the inn with mister Rudwick and Emily earlier because I didn't want her to see me get beat up to pulp but for some reason, she insisted that she wanted to go with me.

And my kind heart couldn't refuse her adorable plea.

We stopped right in front of a huge building with a front part full of patched scrap metals and woods and found someone standing in front of the huge metal double doors.

I immediately saw recognition in his eyes the moment he saw me.

Mehrad smiled as he waved his hand at us. "I'm gonna be honest, you are the last person I'm expecting to see here."

"What a coincidence, we're thinking the same thing, even I still can't believe that I am here trying to challenge a person who defeated a freaking living legend."

Mehrad chuckled. "I see, so you've done a little bit of investigation."

Just a little talk to an old man who owns an inn!

"Yeah, a little bit."

For a person who founded one of the factions 10 years ago, he looks way too young, he looks like he's just a few years older than me.

He started to walk towards me. "What's the sudden reason why you just decided to challenge, Leo?"

"It's a little bit... complicated."

He nodded. "Really?" He stopped in front of Misha and bent his knees. "Leo will come out soon, for now, let me take care of this adorable little one for you."

Misha stared at me as if she's asking for my approval, I responded by nodding my head. 

I don't know, for some reason, I feel like I'm very comfortable with this guy's presence. He looks gentle and kind and he makes me feel like he doesn't belong in this place.

She grabbed Mehrad's hands and walked with him towards the crowds that had been gathering in the huge area around us.

I just gazed at them as they joined the crowd at the same time, the banging sound of the metal doors took our attention and a silhouette jumped out from the building.

His jet-black long hair swayed as he landed a few meters away from me. He raised his hands as he laughed, grabbing the attention of everyone.

He's wearing a brown sleeveless tunic under a black blazer with black pants and black combat boots.

He put his hands down and wandered his jet-black eyes and instantly locked on me. His lion ears instantly twitched as his face turned serious.

He is probably a lion beastkin, however, just like Mehrad, the only animal part of him is his tail and ears, beside it, all of his features are human, even his sun tanned rough skin has no sign of lion fur in it, he got a pair of sharp fangs though.

It must be him. Leo the invincible.

"So, you are the bonehead who dared to challenge me?"

"Yep."

A smug emerged on his face. "Have you lost in a dare, my friend? I'll let you slide if you say so. I'm gonna be honest with you, even without looking inside that delightful robe of yours, I can already say that you're definitely the weakest looking fellow who has challenged me this week and I'm not even exaggerating it."  

The laughter of the crowds echoed around the area.

I exhaled.

"You can do it!" Misha's voice emerged from the crowd.

Well, at least I have my lovable cheerleader with me. 

Leo's eyes shifted to Misha and immediately shifted back to me while narrowing at the same time he put his hands on his waists. "Why bring your daughter here? So someone could plead for your life once I'm about to wipe the floor using your adorable face?"

This fight needs to start immediately before it becomes a roasting game.

"It's quite the opposite to tell you the truth, I brought her here so someone could nurse you once you cried like a kid once I'm done beating the shit out of you." I removed my robe and threw it a few meters away from me.

However, the laughter coming from the crowds suddenly stopped, along with synchronized gasping, all of their eyes widened while looking at me.

What? I haven't done anything yet.

I veered my eyes towards Leo and found him smiling while slowly nodding.

"That's a fancy pair of horns you've got there. I heard stories about it before. Crystalized obsidian horns with the shape of an upward crescent moon, are those horns real?"

Unfortunately, yes it is indeed real.

"Why? Afraid of some horns?"

"More like very surprised, and here I thought your ridiculous tribe went extinct 30 years ago, well, it turns out, there are still some of your people left."

"Too bad isn't it?"

He cracked his knuckles as he tilted his neck. "It appears that I underestimated you. Silly of me to make such a mistake, with that said, may I know your name, Challenger?"

"Casimir Kismet."

"Casimir, I see." He assumed a battle stance. "The name is Leo Dhruv, the leader of the Fang faction. I heard the people in your tribe are strong, I hope it's not just a rumor and you won't turn out to be a huge disappointment. Show me what you've got because I won't hold back, especially to a foe like you."

Ahm... I don't know what he's expecting from me, but I came here to win anyway, so I'll do my best to make it happen.

The crowd roars upon us as an indication of what kind of battle I'm going to have.

"No weapons and battle stance? Definitely a mage." Leo said as he bent his legs and jumped towards me. "Let's get this started, Casimir!"

Yep, here we go!

164