Chapter 15: Strength
3.2k 3 175
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Let's get this started, Casimir!"

As expected he really is fast!

I barely managed to dodge his first punch by jumping back and sprinting away, but I know that there's more to come.

Of all the 3 faction leaders, he's the only one I got no information about his skill. The only thing I know is he has terrifying physical capabilities.

It means, holding back is not an option here.

Upon dodging, I immediately aimed my hand in his direction and released the most powerful fire attack that I could, and blasted it towards him.

But I received no reaction coming from him.

"I hate to break it to you, but I'm not a big fan of Fire magic." His silhouette emerged from the direction of my attack with a menacing grin forming on his lips.

[Skill [Fire Resistance] was acquired.]

Damn it!

He jumped towards me with speed much faster than before.

I activated my Ice magic and covered the ground around me with ice at the same time creating multiple ice spikes on top of them to stop the charging enemy.

But, he's much faster.

In one swoop, all the ice blocking him was easily destroyed and continued his attack towards me.

I created multiple wind blades and used them to defend myself, but he effortlessly evaded them all like nothing while launching a devastating punch towards my face!

"Too slow."

With that speed, it was impossible for me to dodge it, all I could do was to jump back while covering my face using my arms to lessen the impact I was about to receive.

However, even with it, I still felt the pain as I bounced off the ground due to the overpowering attack I just received.

Yep, what a day.

But wow, it's still less painful than I thought it would be, given that it appears that he didn't hold back, he actually tried to obliterate my face!

I quickly stood up and checked out my wrists.

It's a good thing that I'm wearing a pair of metal vambraces due to my demon lord costume, if not, it would be very painful! It got dents due to the attack though.

"I must admit, to have 3 elemental magic is already a remarkable feat of its own. You have potential, as expected from someone who came from a superior race, too bad you can't win against me with that." Leo said while slowly walking towards me.

Yeah, too bad because I don't even know what race you are talking about.

I stood up. "Really? That's a nice thing to hear."

I activated my Ice magic strong enough to cover the entire surface of the area around us with ice.

From afar I could hear the screams of the spectators because the Ice reached them.

Leo easily crashed the ice on his foot. "So this is the game that you want to play? You plan to confine me in your ice field and bombard me with your Ice magic?"

Men, I didn't expect it to be this cold!

"I don't have much of a choice, am I? This is my last resort, give your all."

He smiled. "How predictable. I can't blame you though." He assumed a battle stance. "It just saddens me because I expected more from you. I didn't expect this battle to end this quickly."

As expected, he jumped towards me using his overwhelming speed.

I activated my Ice magic and generated countless Ice spikes attacking him at once, but he already anticipated it and just smashed everything that went his way.

Based on physical strength alone, this guy can literally crush me to pieces!

He's destroying the ice spikes using his bare hands. Take note, without using a skill, it's just his sheer strength!

By heating up my feet using my Fire magic I sprinted away from him.

"Is that all you've got?" He destroyed the ice spikes continuously attacking him and immediately jumped towards me.

He landed a few meters away from me and sprinted for a chase.

I activated my Wind magic and blasted 3 wind blades towards him, but he easily dodged it by jumping while hurling towards me.

His victory smile materialized on his face while flying mid-air. "Playtime is over, 3 elemental mage!"

As I intended to.

"3? I have 5."

The smile on his face immediately vanished as he was instantly confined inside a massive water ball.

I melted all the ice around us and turned it into a massive water ball.

He tried to swim his way out, but I created a whirlpool inside to make it harder for him.

I know he's strong enough to escape from it, but at least it will buy me more than enough time for my next attack.

I activated my Electricity magic and channeled a huge amount of it in my hand and aimed it towards him.

The unnerving roar of the surging electrical energy in my hand became more and more audible as the power built up.

Leo roared while underwater as he looked at me with great rage on his face.

I'm pretty sure you'll survive this. But it won't be painless either.

I unleashed the thunder strike towards the massive water ball, the sound of the exploding water ball and the rumbling thunder strike resonated throughout the area.

As the vapors disappeared, no one was talking and just looking at the center, their eyes were widened while shifting their eyes on both of us.

[Skill [Warrior's Rage] was acquired.]

[The ability to convert 100℅ of the damage that the user took and dealt to improve the user's physical capabilities, regardless of whether the damage done or received were magic or physical damage. The effect will gradually disappear after an hour of being away from the battle.]

The hell is this ridiculously OP skill?

Leo's excited chuckle echoed around the area. "That was fun! I haven't predicted you to be this good! You are praiseworthy!" His unscathed body materialized as he walked towards me. "Now that I'm going to get serious, I hope you still have a few tricks up your sleeve. You've just got my hopes up so don't disappoint me now, Casimir."

As expected from the person known as the Invincible, he just proved to me that it's not just a name.

The real fight is just about to begin.

"Believe me, it will surprise you."

175