Chapter 16: Invincible
3.2k 8 176
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


[Skill [Warrior's Rage] was acquired.]

[The ability to convert 100℅ of the damage that the user took and dealt to improve the user's physical capabilities, regardless of whether the damage done or received were magic or physical damage. The effect will gradually disappear after an hour of being away from the battle.]

The roars of the people around us thundered throughout the area with some jumping in excitement.

"Be prepared, it will be a great battle," Leo said as he raised his hands sideways, a powerful gust of wind built up around his arms causing an apparent disruption all over him. "This is how I use my Wind magic."

Yeah, it would be very painful to get hit with that thing.

He bent his knees and without a delay, jumped towards me while generating a strong gushing sound.

Due to the activation of his skill, his movement became far faster than before.

Does that mean that all the damage he took earlier even before activating his skill is still counted for his power-up?

I shifted my gaze at him while he's surging towards me.

There's only one way to prove it.

"Warrior's rage."

His eyes instantly widened the moment he heard what I just said.

At the same time, I felt the instant surge of power spreading out throughout my body and greatly boosted my reaction time that I easily evaded the incoming devastating attack.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Leo shouted as he passed through me as I avoided his attack. 

The surroundings didn't become slow, it was still as fast as always, I just became ridiculously fast!

He's still faster than me but the shock of seeing that his skill was being used by someone greatly stunned him.

I activated my Electricity magic and covered my hand with it and punched his face using the strength of his own skill.

It's a full-force punch coated with Electricity magic but it's just enough to make him fly out a few meters away but not take him down.

I immediately received the physical boost due to the attack and felt my rising strength as my body became much lighter, but I know I'm not the only one who received this power-up.

Leo removed his hand on his bleeding nose and looked at me with his menacing eyes while grinning. "So that's your ability. You've got me very surprised there."

Man, I have a feeling that he's becoming stronger and stronger, I can see the 'you are dead meat' aura floating around him.

"It should be illegal to have such skill."

He bent his knees for another attack. "Yeah? Said the person who literally just copied it."

Once more, he rushed towards me while generating a louder wind-gushing sound.

He's really out for blood this time!

I activated my Ice magic to block his way because even while using his ridiculous skill, he's still far faster and physically stronger than me!

But he just brushed them off like nothing, it didn't even manage to delay him!

He easily reached me, to counter him, I activated my Wind and Electricity magic and coated both my hands with them, and tried to trade some blows with him.

It didn't go as planned.

I managed to land 2 punches in his face, but in return received 1 punch that hit like a freaking truck and threw me away while spinning in the air like a top.

But, before I fell, I managed to toughen my knees and keep myself up, while looking at him.

Once more, I received another ridiculous amount of physical boost and I think, at this point, I can now easily lift a car using only one of my hands, however, the bad thing is, I'm not the only one who is.

And this guy is already a monster before even receiving those boosts!

I heard his loud laugh as he continued his assault on me. "You are unbelievable! Remarkable!"

I felt the intense pain of his fist pushing through my face, in return, I punched his chin up and his abdomen with my electricity-coated fist and blasted my Water magic the moment he backed off a little and unleashed a thunder strike.

However, he came back much stronger and attacked me again.

For a few minutes, we traded multiple blows of powerful punches and kicks, but as the battle took longer the more devastating our attacks became.

The ground around us shattered as we punched each other.

I could feel the intense pain as I received his punches as if my body was breaking apart, but it was still intact and continued to become even more powerful than before.

Forget the car lifting! I can definitely destroy a house now!

I chased my breath as I leaned my hands on my knees while looking at my enemy doing the same thing.

Unlike me who's definitely doing a 'this is a nightmare' face right now, Leo was smiling while looking at me with enthusiasm.

"Casimir, after this, do you want to work for me? You will be a great addition to my faction."

I toughen my knees to properly stand up. Yes, my body became much stronger as the battle went on, but the fatigue that my body received remained and that's what made it fall apart.

Ironically, our invincible body is already on its limit due to the destructive damage we just received that we can no longer contain.

I raised my shivering arms. "What a coincidence, I'm thinking of asking you the same after beating you."

He laughed. "Really?" He raised his arms, and just like me, his knees were already shivering as well. "I'll take that into consideration."

"Looks like this is the end." I activated my Electricity magic and covered my hands with them at the same time covering the area around us in ice.

He smiled. "It's not, this is just the great beginning."

For the last time, he rushed towards me and brushed off all the ice spikes rushing towards him, as expected from his current strength.

Physical capabilities-wise, I don't think I can win against him, however, the good thing is, I am a mage.

At once, I melted all the ice around us and immediately imprisoned him while at the same time, charging my Electricity magic.

He already knew that I would do it again, but despite his great strength, he's already too tired to escape from it.

I know, because I too am already exhausted to take a single step. The fact that he can still run is apparent proof that he's far stronger than me, physical capability-wise.

With my last strength, I unleashed my Electricity magic and blasted it towards the massive water ball. The roaring thunder strike delivered my final assault.

The entire place was shrouded in silence and everyone just stared at me while waiting for the result of my attack.

I couldn't help but exhale the moment I saw Leo lying on the ground, unconscious.

Then the screams of the spectators roar upon seeing him.

"It seems like... I won-"

The next thing I felt was my body falling to the ground due to extreme exhaustion.

I'll take a little nap for a while.

176