Chapter 20: Goal
2.9k 10 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The party continued and Leo kept on drinking as if tomorrow will never come.

However, I stood up when I saw some familiar faces joining the crowd while eating.

I approached them, all at once all 8 of them immediately stood up the moment they saw me. They were already done when I arrived.

I smiled. "Woah, isn't it the ever-powerful, Leo the invincible?"

The one who impersonated Leo before scratched his head while looking down due to embarrassment.

"I'm glad to see that you 3 are fine and have some friends with you."

"Yes, thanks for helping us back there, ma- master Casimir."

"I assume, your name isn't really Leo ain't it?"

He raised his head. "Ah, my name is Japheth."

I turned my gaze towards the 2.

"My name is Ham." Said the demon one.

"And I'm Shem." Lastly, the one with cat ears. A cat boy! "And these guys are our friends." While pointing his hand to the younger members of their group.

"Nice to meet you, I hope you are no longer going around doing what you did back then."

The 3 of them chuckled.

"It will never happen again, that's the first and last time we will do it. We've learned our lessons."

"By the way, Mis- master Casimir. I saw your fight earlier! You're so strong!" Japheth excitedly declared.

"Really? It's nice to hear that."

"Big bro Casimir?" I felt Misha's hand grab my hand and found her looking at the group and pointed her index finger at Japheth. "Ah, Leo the invincible."

Shem and Ham giggled.

"I just found out that his name is Japheth. By the way, her name is Misha."

"Hi, Misha." All of them said at once.

Misha waved her hand on them. "Hi."

"Ey, boss! We're not done here yet!" Leo shouted while waving his ridiculously massive bottle of booze.

I bent my knees to level Misha. "Do you want to play with them for a while? I think joining some drunkards is not good for you."

Playing with people her age is a better environment for her after all.

"Misha is joining us?"

Misha stared at the group for a second then stared back at me and nodded.

I patted her head. "Good." I stood up and faced the group who were smiling at me. "I hope you won't mind."

Japheth immediately raised his thumbs up. "You can count on us, Boss!"

He changed from master to boss real quick.

I nodded and got back to people 2 drowning themselves in booze.

I sat back with them and drank the booze on my cup.

"What took you so long, boss?" Leo asked. For a person who already drank a lot, he still looks sober.

And I can say the same for Mehrad.

"I just talked to some acquaintance of mine."

He nodded. "I see, I see, here's another round of drinks."

"May I ask, Casimir. Now that you are now the new leader of the Fang faction, do you have any plan in mind as the new leader?"

Leo stared at me. "Now that you mention it, Mehrad. What is your plan, boss?"

"I hope you are not like the certain someone I know who's after winning the leadership of the entire faction, it just turned out that he had no plans in mind and just wanted to be the leader of the faction just for the sake of it and forced me the responsibilities that I shouldn't have because I'm done being a faction leader, you know? The despicable titular type." 

I'm amazed at how he could say it with such a gentle and kind voice.

"Oy! You don't need to call me out like that, Mehrad. And besides, haven't you remembered, you are the one who asked me to challenge you."

"A plan? I have one. But my plan would not only involve this faction, my goal will include the entire town."

Both Mehrad and Leo paused for a second and just stared at me.

I drank the booze in my cup. "I'm planning to challenge the second faction leader tomorrow, the faster these tasks are done, the better."

What came next was pure silence between the 3 of us. After a few seconds, both of them nodded at once.

"That's one hell of an ambitious goal." Leo put another round of booze in my cup. "But, I'll warn you, those 2 are one hell of a challenge to take, especially that old hag witch governing the Spriggan faction, Leal is one hell of a monster himself, but the old hag is on another level, maybe her age has something to do with it."

"Old hag?" I asked.

"Leo, don't call Tanya that. And you are wondering why she hates you so much?"

He just laughed. "My bad, my bad."

They will never remain undefeated if they were not monster-level strong after all.

For now, I should focus on Leal first, and worry about Tanya once I manage to win.

Leo chuckled while shaking the bottle of booze in his hand, it's already empty. "However, for now, let's forget about that and focus on our celebration, let's reserve that for tomorrow." He grabbed something under the table and revealed a much smaller bottle in his hand. "For the finale, I want you to try our favorite drink."

At least, it's not in a comically large bottle anymore.

He grabbed both of our cups and poured them full.

I grabbed the cup and sniffed the water like liquor.

It has no smell.

"That's my and Mehrad's favorite drink, now that you are now the new leader of our faction, you deserve to get a taste of Fang Faction's specialty."

"Ah, who made it?"

Mehrad drank the cup and raised his hand. "Me. I made it." While slowly swaying.

Did his face suddenly turn red?

"Try it, boss."

I nodded and drank the bottle and to my surprise, it had no taste and just passed through my mouth like water.

"See, isn't it good, boss?"

"Yeah, it is, what is this drink called?"

Leo chuckled but I couldn't properly see him anymore because my vision was starting to blur.

"This booze is called... the Mind breaker." And chuckled like a villain who just won against the hero.

And that's the last thing I remembered before waking up the next morning with a skull breaking hangover while lying on my bed in our inn room and being nursed by poor Misha.

The fuck is that liquor?

I will never drink that liquor ever again!

152