Chapter 27: The Fairy’s Lair
2.5k 3 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Mehrad, Leo, and even Leal picked me and Misha up and accompanied us to the territory of the Spriggan faction where I could find Tanya.

I wandered my eyes around the place as we walked towards the headquarters of the Spriggan faction.

"How's your head, Leal?"

"It feels like it's breaking apart, it's all thanks to you, you big imbecile."

What caught my attention were the houses and buildings, all of them were properly built and in good condition, even some of the buildings were made of chiseled stones and the people walking with us were wearing tunics and kirtles made of wool.

However, it's quite apparent that there's only a handful of them compared to the other citizens of the other factions where I could see people in every corner.

Occasionally, there were some merchant's carriages passing down the brick road. 

This is the first time I've seen some since I arrived in this town!

Are we sure we're still inside the infamous lawless town?

I turned my gaze to the 3 faction leaders walking with me. "What's wrong with your factions?"

"Oy!"

"That's a hard question to answer," Leal said as he directed his gaze in front of us.

Mehrad didn't reply and just shook his head.

"At least, our place is free for everyone. Unlike this place where only a chosen few can live." Leo proclaimed.

"If you've seen this place before the factions were established, this place looks completely different from what it was. This place was a complete mess back then, I can say the same to our factions, but Tanya went on to the extreme extent of modifying this place." Mehrad added up.

I mean, she did a really good job, however, she managed to do it in exchange for isolation and exclusion.

"How can you get permission to live here?"

Leo shrugged. "You can't. The only ones who are living in this place are the original inhabitants of this territory before the factions were established. All the people you are seeing here are already living in this place from the beginning."

Wow, that's a very strict standard.

After a few minutes of walking through the roads, we finally reached the headquarters of the Spriggan faction.

I wandered my eyes inside the place while standing outside of the towering black metal fence separating us from the garden inside.

From afar, I could see the white mansion in the middle, in front of the mansion was a white fountain with water pouring down from it.

We stood up a few meters away from the gate while Mehrad talked to the person guarding the gate stationed at the other side of the gate.

"Why is Mehrad the only one talking to the guard?"

"He is the only one the old hag doesn't hate," Leo answered.

"Old hag?" Misha immediately stared at me.

"Just ignore him and don't ever call someone that, it's extremely rude." I patted her head.

Leal shook his head. "If she heard you saying that again, she would definitely kill you."

"What could be the reason for her to hate you too, Leal?" I asked.

"She doesn't hate me, she just doesn't like being associated with an elf."

But she herself is an elf, right? 

The black metal gate slowly opened and the first thing I saw was the 2 people coming out from it.

The other one was a black-haired demon wearing a butler suit. He immediately bowed his head upon seeing me.

Have I met this guy? For some reason, he looks a little bit familiar.

And the other one immediately ran towards me and looked at my face as if I was an amazing specimen, she smiled as she gazed at my horns, I could see the excitement in her almond brown eyes.

"You really are a meruem! You look so cool! Could you tell me how you can resist your urge to destroy everything in sight?"

My what?

I shrugged. "I don't know. Breathing exercise?"

"Really?" She excitedly said and pulled out a notepad to write something.

"No, not really."

She raised her head again and smiled at me. "Your horn looks so amazing! Can I touch it? Please? Please?" She said while propelling her face on me. 

I walked back. "Huh?"

"Lady Karoon, do you remember what Lady Tanya told you?"

"Ehh! But I wanna! I wanna!" She said while pouting her lips.

"Lady Karoon."

"Ehh! Oh, you are Misha? You're so cute! Can I pinch your cheeks?"

She's a beastkin with beaver ears and tail flopping as she energetically moved.

Her neck-length gray wavy hair kept on swaying in every movement she made. She's wearing a brown sleeveless blazer with its zipper opened down to her belly button with nothing inside to hide her white skin but a black bra.

Yep, that's the main reason I walked back.

She's wearing a very short black skirt but beneath it was black short leggings covering all the way down to the upper part of her knees and a pair of brown leather boots.

She's definitely cute, a bouncy type of cute.

The demon butler walked towards us. "Forgive the commotion that Lady Karoon caused. By the way, my name is Gareth, maybe you haven't realized it but we have already met at the Marionette faction arena. I have seen your impressive battle."

I see now, maybe I saw him there without realizing it. I mean, based on his attire alone, I would mistake him for one of Leal's mercenaries.

He pointed his hand towards the girl currently patting Misha.

"And this young lady is Lady Karoon,

Lady Tanya's right hand."

Karoon stood up and waved her hand. "Nice meeting you, Casimir of meruem tribe."

"Me too."

"Let's go inside, Lady Tanya is already waiting for you," Gareth announced as he walked towards the mansion with Karoon.

We followed them and we walked together.

Wait, she's already waiting for me?

I immediately turned my gaze at Leo for confirmation, maybe he instantly realized it and raised his hands.

"What? I didn't come here to announce it. Maybe she already has the idea that you will come to challenge her. Besides, I won't go here in the middle of the night or that old- I mean fairy will slaughter me."

"I can confirm it." Mehrad seconded.

Make sense.

This is it. I don't know what's waiting for me, but all I know is, I have to win.

96