Chapter 29: Mage
2.4k 3 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The flames currently engulfing the entire arena become much larger in size and completely enveloped the area leaving no place for me to run.

But, I felt no pain from the fire around me, not even a little heat.

If I don't have my Fire resistance, I'm already toasted to the bone right now.

I activated my Water magic to brush off all the flames around me, at the same time, I aimed my hand at her who's just standing a few meters away from me. I activated my Fire magic and blasted it towards her.

However, before it could even reach her, it instantly vanished due to the strong wind that blew my Fire magic away. 

Her proud smile materialized as my fire attack easily countered. "You have the skills, but the real question is, do you know how to properly use them?"

Damn it!

She's not moving so I took the opportunity to activate my Electricity magic and charged it up while aiming at her.

However, she didn't even make an effort to stop me and just watched me activate my skill.

I blasted a thunder strike towards her, but she easily blocked it by creating a huge boulder of ice in front of her.

She came out from the huge ice with her proud smile still intact on her face.

"Tell me? How long have you been using magic? I hate to say it, but the only thing you have is power. Based on the attack you just did, it's pretty apparent that you are still new to it."

"Long enough."

About a month.

She aimed her index finger at me. "I don't think so."

Without a delay, a roaring massive electrical energy built up on her finger and instantly blasted it towards me.

Her massive thunder attack generated a deafening sound much louder than I could do.

I immediately activated my Ice magic and created an ice wall in front of me but the thunder strike destroyed them with ease.

I toughen myself for what's going to hit me with an attempt to use it to fuel my Warrior's rage but to my surprise, the thunder strike just passed through without hitting me, as if it intentionally dodged me.

What the hell?

"Don't just aim and fire it, control it. Powerful mages are rated by their ability to control their magic, not just because they can shoot powerful fireballs or thunder strikes." Once more she aimed her index finger at me. "Now, what would you do next, Imitator?"

I activated my Extreme speed and immediately rushed towards her.

As much as possible, I don't want to hurt her using my own hand but I was left with no choice.

I hurled my fist towards her, but before I knew it, I was already inside an extremely cold water sphere. I turned the giant sphere into ice and destroyed it using my Wind and Fire magic and managed to get out.

"That was cold!"

I coated both of my fists with Wind, Electricity, and Fire magic as preparation for my next attack.

She chuckled. "You already gave up fighting me with your magic and decided to get me with physical attacks instead?"

No, I'm planning to do both.

I activated my extreme speed and rushed towards her, she blocked me by creating a huge boulder of ice but I managed to punch my way through and finally reached her.

I hurled my hand towards her abdomen but she easily dodged it by creating a powerful wind current enough to make her fly away from me, but thanks to my extreme speed, catching up to her was not that of a big of a problem.

I activated my Mystic Thread with the attempt of tying her up but as expected, she could easily destroy them with Wind magic, even though those webs were the toughest webs I could create.

But, it's enough to delay her even a little. Upon closing enough, I aimed both my hands at her and blasted Fire magic on one hand and thunder strike on the other hand.

But before I knew it, my view was already shifting as I fell into a huge hole beneath me while firing my attack to the sky.

Where the fuck did this hole come from?

All I could do was scream as I plummeted to the hole and fell to a puddle at the lowermost part of it, maybe she put it here to prevent me from taking fall damage.

Then, why mud?

I'm literally swimming in it!

I activated my Ice magic and froze the hell out of it.

I could feel the mud stuck on my skin and clothes as I moved to get up.

[Skill [Earth Magic] was acquired.]

The circular hole was completely dark and the only source of light was the sunlight coming from the entrance where I fell.

That girl.

I'm completely covered in mud now!

"Do you like it?" 

Even though she's far, I can clearly picture her smug smile.

"I will be back up there right away, wait for me."

"Really? Here, let me help you."

Suddenly, the ground around me trembled as if an earthquake was about to occur.

"It doesn't feel like a help to me."

The ground crumbled and what greeted me was countless root-like vines that broke out from the wall of the hole and instantly attacked me.

At once I activated my Wind, Fire, and Ice magic to destroy the rushing attackers.

But, there's a ton of them and fighting them in a small area was a very bad situation for me, besides the fact that my real opponent was on the surface just leisurely watching over me. 

"You!"

For the first time, I activated my newly acquired Earth magic and used it on the frozen mud beneath me. I flew upward as if I was riding a freaking elevator, but the elevator was freaking fast!

I immediately jumped upon reaching the surface and gazed upon my surroundings.

Since when did this place become a forest?

"Oh, he's finally back!" I heard Leo's voice from a distance.

I'm certain he could see me using his Mana perception. After all, the entire arena is now a freaking forest!

"Welcome back."

"Yeah, thanks to your help."

She waved her hand sideways. "Then, shall we proceed?"

[Skill [Plant Magic] was acquired.]

The next thing I knew, the entire forest around me started to move and was about to attack me.

You gotta be kidding me!

94