Chapter 31: The Right Way
2.3k 2 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Before we get started, How about you heal yourself first? I don't want to educate someone while he's shivering from his injuries."

"Are you sure?"

"Why not?"

"Isn't using it a little bit unfair?"

She paused for a few moments then laughed while covering her mouth.

Did I say something funny?

"That's the reason why you're not using it even though you are already on the brink of losing?"

"Yeah, is there a problem with it?"

"Are you sure you are a meruem? That's completely out of character."

Ahm, about that.

"You mean you won't think it's unfair even if I heal myself?"

She alternated her crossing feet and leaned towards me. "Of course, I will not, do not refrain yourself from using your own advantages just because you just felt it's unfair. That's not how this world works, if others cannot do something, it's on them, do not blame it on yourself that you can do what they cannot. It's not our fault that we are superior to them."

"If you say so." I put my hand on my chest and healed myself.

I immediately felt the relief on my damaged hand as it slowly returned to normal.

"I see, so your healing magic is already on that level now. Well, that's fairly expected."

A vine suddenly sprouted right beneath me and pulled my foot. I fell to the stone lying on my back that acted as my chair.

"Now, first, tell me how you cast your skill?"

"I'm using my hand or my feet to activate them. Is that wrong?"

"I can't say it's wrong, but only a beginner or an idiot like Leo would use their magic like that."

"Oy!"

"You are using your magic like this, right?" She raised her hand to the air and without a delay blasted a thunder strike into the sky.

"Yes."

"That's because you are using your own body as a medium. Not a bad thing to do, but not that efficient either. You are limiting yourself. Why settle with it when you can do things like this?"

Out of nowhere, a flood of electrical energy materialized all around us, completely covering the area, the searing roars of the electrical energy resonated throughout the area, and just seeing it made me want to tremble on my seat.

It's like the flame earlier before we get started and the forest that she instantly created and vanished in one command, but this time, it's electrical current.

How powerful is this girl?

"Let me give you an example. You haven't fought Mehrad yet so I can't use him as an example. Let's see, how do you think Leal can attach his web to someone?"

Now that she mentioned it, I can't do what Leal is doing in his Mystic thread, I can only blast them out from my hand but I can't directly attach them to someone.

"Oy! Oy! What are you 2 doing? Aren't you supposed to be fightin- Let me out, Leal! Umh!"

She clicked her fingers. "Because he is not using his body as his medium, he's using his mana manifestation to cast his skill."

"Mana manifestation? Do you mean the excess mana that is overflowing my body?"

She nodded. "Yes, and the fact that you can properly use your Mana concealment means you can easily do it. It's the same thing as how you can hide your mana manifestation, but this time, treat your mana as the extension of your body and use them to cast your skills. As easy as that."

"I see."

All the electrical current around us disappeared as Tanya stood up and crossed her arms. "Then, do it."

Then, the sunny sky started to get darker as if a huge storm was about to erupt, due to the thundercloud above us that was so massive that it completely covered the sun.

That looks very bad!

She looked at me with pure seriousness on her face. "Show me that you are worthy of all the time I have wasted for you. If you are proven not worth the wait I did up to this point, then, I will crush you here and now."

I don't get what she's saying but there's a freaking gargantuan thundercloud in the sky!

The sound of the brewing storm was audible as the sparks of the storm inside emerged from the huge cloud.

"Don't think of how you can defeat me. With your current strength, you still can't, all I need you to do is show me that you are worthy of all of it. You are not allowed to be a disappointment."

Damn it!

I tried to feel my own body and all of my mana overflowing from it, but the only thing I could feel was the mana inside me which I was using to cast my skills.

"Feel it, not the mana inside of you, but your mana flowing around you. It's not just an excess mana or mana manifestation. It is yours to use. Wield it." Her silver hair flew to the strong wind coming from above. "Treat it as part of your own body because it is."

I threw away all of my hesitations, closed my eyes, and searched within me for whatever I could find.

But, that's the exact opposite of what she told me. I couldn't find it because the only place I was searching was within me.

I focused my Mana perception, but rather than observing the mana flowing through my body, I directed my attention to the ones flowing away from me. I followed their traces and found where they were, my mana was all over the place, the range of them was so wide that it felt like I would get drowned if I felt them more.

The last time I saw the full range of my mana was back when I fought the 3 assassins when I arrived in this world. Since then, I haven't checked it out yet due to it being hidden from my Mana concealment.

However, compared to the small tornado-shaped mana manifestation before, it's much more expansive now, as if I was in the middle of a lake consisting of dark fog covering the entire area of about 50 meters radius around me. 

How could I tell? Because I could feel them all now and I could move them as if they were my extended fingers.

"Time is up. It saddens me to say this, but this is the end."

I opened my eyes as the deafening roar of the thunder strike from above surged towards me.

"No, it is not."

Now… devour everything… Dark magic.

83