Chapter 32: Shadow Fairy
2.3k 2 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The dark cloud above us lit up as a massive thunder strike descended to the ground. As if God unleashed its wrath upon us and I was standing right at the very center of its assault.

So this is what magic could do.

And here I thought shooting massive fireballs and generating a thunder strike through my hand was already a great feat. I was gravely mistaken.

Was the sight of such destructive power weakened me?

Of course not!

It made me extremely excited, just by thinking about the possibility, it's making me shiver in excitement!

It just goes to show that everything is possible in this world.

All I need to do is to make it happen.

Maybe it's already too late to say it now, but I just realized that since I arrived in this world... I'm finally living a dream.

"Devour everything, Dark magic."

Before the massive thunder strike hit the ground, a thick dark cloud surged and took the entirety of the attack. As expected, the thunder strike was so strong that I had to focus all my strength on one spot to completely block it.

The assault of the thunder strike ended and I received no damage from it because all the impact was taken by the dark cloud surrounding me.

However, I finally realized what was the consequence of my very first attempt to use my mana manifestation as my medium for casting my skill.

As if I have countless consciousnesses simultaneously occurring at me. Wherever the dark clouds I created were, I could clearly see it too as if I have other eyes on that place.

The trees from the forest nearby and the cicadas on its trunk, the earthworms beneath the soil slowly crawling up, the ants nearby hunting for food unaware of the battle that was happening.

Karoon who's clapping while staring at us, Gareth who was silently watching, Leo who's currently inside a huge cocoon with his mouth shut due to the web in his mouth, Mehrad who's attending to Misha by patting her head, and Misha who's looking at us with great concern in her eyes.

I can see it all at the same time!

As if the magic I released were acting as my extended eyes and hand.

But they were transpiring all at once in my mind and it made my head hurt as if my mind was going to explode due to the surges of information arriving inside my brain.

I held my head as I tried to process all of it, but there's no end!

My head hurts as if it's getting drilled!

"It is advisable to make yourself accustomed to the smaller area first before attempting to wield your full area since it is quite a lot to take. I made the same mistake before and it wasn't a good experience."

The pain suddenly disappeared.

"However, the fact that you managed to control your Dark magic so it wouldn't hurt the viewers in your very first try is rather commendable, it just implies that you have the full control of your skills."

I wandered my eyes and all the dark cloud around us was no longer there, even the thundercloud to the sky was gone. However, I wasn't the one who removed them, I was so occupied with the pain inside my head that I couldn't turn it off myself.

What greeted me as I shifted my gaze on her was her contented smile while staring at me. 

She looked like a parent after seeing her child walk for the first time.

"I think 90℅ of my brain cells just died because of that pain. You didn't tell me that once I managed to do it, I could literally see everything where my skill is. Is that what they called omnipresence?" I stood up and faced her.

She tilted her head sideways. "I don't think so. Your vision is only limited to the range of your Mana manifestation. Most of the people only have a small mana manifestation area, less than a meter on average. However, in your case, your tribe people are known for having a massive scale of it, so it's reasonable if you call it that." 

Does she mean that my 50 meters radius of black disastrous mana manifestation is considered rare?

"Is it just me, or did this match become more of a teaching session than a battle?"

"Really? Then, let's proceed to the next lesson then." She turned her back on me and walked back.

Wow, she's really into it, isn't she?

"You already know the fundamentals, perhaps it is safe to assume that you could keep up with me now?"

Suddenly, countless black particles like powder started to come out from her back as she walked. She stopped a few meters away from me and faced me with her usual proud smile and slowly raised her hand leveling her shoulder.

Out of nowhere, 2 pairs of black wings materialized on her back. A meter length of pointed wings, it's completely black but at the same time transparent. 2 of the wings were pointing upward while leaning in the opposite direction of each other, while the other 2 were pointing downward, and just like the other two, they're leaning to the opposite direction of each other.

She's a real deal! A real fairy!

"Have you managed to copy it?"

Copy what? Oh, the wings.

My Jack of all trades, master of none didn't trigger!

"You don't have to tell me, I know that you can't copy my wings."

Why can't I? I'm pretty sure she used her magic to materialize those wings!

"You're probably wondering why you can't copy my wings even though they are made of magic. Because you can only copy a skill, and these wings are not from a skill. It's one of my natural abilities. Just like meruem's immense mana pool, beastkin's keen senses and incredible physical capabilities, and of course, the elven people's patheticness. Those abilities are some of the things you can't copy."

"You can use me as an example without insulting me, you know?" Leal's voice echoed in the background.

So my skill really has its own restrictions, and this is one of them. Just like what happened when I arrived in this world, back then, I couldn't copy a certain skill no matter how many times the caster activated the skill right in front of my eyes, I know that my skill Jack of all trades, master of none didn't work back then for a different reason, but both of them didn't work due to certain restrictions.

And without any hesitation, she just revealed one of those restrictions that my skill has.

"How do you know all about it?"

"You are not the first imitator I have fought and I am certain that you are not the last."

Does that mean, somewhere in this world, there are people with the same ability as I have and currently gathering skills to strengthen themselves?

However, now that I realized it, since our battle began, for a person who knows how my Jack of all trades, master of none works, to end the battle without showing more of her skills was the most logical thing to do, but why is she doing the opposite? As if she's deliberately showing her skills to me so I could copy them at the same time giving away all the information I could take advantage of to gain more power.

What is she trying to do?

Why is she doing all of these?

What is her purpose?

"Now that all I need to tell you has been said, let's start the real battle, shall we?"

I need to find out.

"Does that mean you won't hold back anymore?"

Half of her lips rose. "Believe me, I did my very best to not accidentally kill you up to this point."

94