Chapter 34: The Fairy’s Approval
2.2k 5 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I quickly jumped back down to the ground.

And for a person who actually managed to climb those heights for the first time and is now jumping down, man, that's one hell of a task to do! Jumping up was a lot easier and less scary than jumping down while staring at the far ground and trying my best not to fall.

I performed my last leap and reached the ground and oh boy it felt so good finally getting back.

I don't wanna go that high ever again!

I put my hands on my waists as I exhaled and stared at Tanya standing a few meters away from me. Her wings were no longer there.

"For a beginner, you did a very good job back there."

Is she mocking me or something? She sounds genuine but I don't know. I don't even know her so I can't tell.

"Really? All that climbing, jumping, and dodging all went for nothing. At least let me pinch you even a little you know?"

She shook her head. "No, you already have proven me more than enough."

"So... should we continue now?" I shrugged.

She smiled. "What do you mean? The battle is already over. Have you forgotten? I said that all I need you to do is show me that you are worthy, you don't need to defeat me because we both know that you can't, at least that's what is the case for now. Perhaps someday you may, but let's just let the future decide for that matter." She turned her back on me and raised her hand. "Why don't you congratulate the new ruler of the entire town Agrona?"

Ha?

The next thing I felt was the tight hug of Misha's arms on my waist.

"Big bro Casimir!"

Ha?

"I'm not gonna lie, that was a very spectacular fight," Leal commented.

Ha?

"How does it feel like acquiring full control over Agrona?" Mehrad asked.

Ha?

Did I win?

Why?

Ha?

I patted Misha's head before gently putting her aside and rushed towards the 3 people being sheltered by the shade of the huge tree.

Tanya looked back at me.

"Do you mean that battle was just a test?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"And you are saying that I managed to pass?"

"Precisely."

"For what?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell."

I could feel my eyebrows instantly twitch. "Doesn't that sound extremely suspicious?"

She turned her body and faced me while flashing a not so suspicious smile. "Suspicious? Maybe."

Wow, she's not even trying to hide it.

"What are you planning?"

"Do not fret too much about it, I am not planning to use you as an ultimate weapon or plotting something very sinister or some kind. I'm just doing a favor for someone."

I can't even comprehend what that even means!

"What favor and for whom?"

"Mmh! Phwa! Leal! I will beat your ass into nothingness once I get out of here!"

Our conversation was interrupted when I realized that Leo was lying on the ground covered in a Mystic thread cocoon and couldn't get out.

"Can't you use your Wind magic to break it?" Tanya looked at him as if he's some kind of turd lying on the ground.

"That's what's wrong with you, mages, it doesn't mean you can easily do something everyone already can! I'm not a mage! My magic ability is not that strong!" He shouted while struggling inside.

"It can't be helped then, let me help you."

A gigantic cone-shaped rock spike materialized right above Leo, and the only thing he could do was stare at it with his enlarged eyes.

"Old ha-" And he screamed his last.

After some time, we decided to get inside the mansion and take some rest after the tiring battle. Tanya gave me a plain white loose tunic and leggings that I could wear for the meantime while the maids were preparing better clothes for me.

But I think this set of clothes is already perfect for me.

What greeted us in the living room was a huge white dome full of decorations lying everywhere.

On our way toward the middle part of the living room, we stumbled upon the life-sized porcelain vases that I think will cost a fortune back on earth.

Hanging on the walls were artistically made paintings, but what took my attention was the one hanging at the very center of the living room. A gigantic portrait of Tanya, a half-body portrait of her crossing her arms while making such a proud smile, the painting itself was screaming grandiose and pride.

Really fits her if I must say.

I looked back at Leo currently leaning his shoulder on one of the human-sized porcelain vases. Next to him was Leal and Mehrad just silently looking all over the place.

And Misha on the other hand was abducted by an energetic beaver girl and a demon butler and currently touring on the other part of the mansion.

Tanya looked back at me as she leaned her hand on one of the white sofas neatly organized in circular format around the center of the living room. "So, what do you think?"

Is she asking me what I think about her gargantuan mansion?

"I think it's great. Very spacious and seems comfortable to live in."

She nodded and raised her index finger. "The 2 of you can now take your things and live here from now on."

"Are you sure? It's your mansion, you know? I can't just barge in."

"Of course, you can."

I narrowed my eyes and stared at her. "Why are you helping me? No matter how much I think about it, I can't come up with a reason why. And the fact that you are so casual about the truth that you really have an ulterior motive really astonishes me."

"Believe me, if I don't have to, I won't waste my time doing all of this."

"Are you sure you're not planning something awful?"

A puzzling smile emerged on her face. "I do, but I'm afraid I can't tell you what it is."

"Oh."

Misha, we're going back to the inn!

She chuckled. "It's just a joke. Don't take it seriously."

Or is it?

The next thing we heard was the loud shattering sound coming from behind and found one of the vases shattered to the floor, it's the same vase that Leo was leaning on earlier.

"It's already broken when I touched it," Leo explained while walking away from the vase with Mehrad and Leal keeping their distance from him.

Tanya just stared at the shattered vase with her shivering wide opened mouth.

He is dead. Super dead.

***

Jack of all trades, master of none

Fire Magic

Healing Magic

Mana Concealment

Mana Perception

Water Magic

Wind Magic

Electricity Magic

Ice Magic

Fire Resistance

Warrior's Rage

Extreme Speed

Mystic Thread

Earth Magic

Plant Magic

Dark magic

***

71