Chapter 35: Bloodline
2.3k 11 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I exhaled as I stared at the view outside of the human-sized glass window where I could clearly see the forest behind the mansion.

Now that I could finally see the entirety of it, I discovered that it's not part of the great forest surrounding the town. It's a miniature forest acting as the aesthetic of the backside of the mansion.

As I walked back from the glass window, I wandered my eyes throughout the room I was currently in, it's a white room with a white king-size bed and red carpet. As of now, this room hasn't been designed yet, but Tanya mentioned that I will be the one in charge of choosing the layout of the room once I decide to move in.

However, I don't think it will happen sooner. I still have some things I need to deal with before I move.

Yep, I decided to move.

Who doesn't want to move into a luxurious mansion with an elegant gothic fairy who happens to be planning something definitely not fishy on you? 

Free accommodation is free accommodation!

And besides, it's a lot easier to investigate what she's cooking if she's just beside me to sniff on.

And I meant that figuratively.

I locked the last button of the white long sleeves they gave me due to my clothes being filled with mud from the battle earlier. Along with black slacks pants and black shoes.

Yup, I finally did it. I finally attained full control over the entire town of Agrona.

Now, all I need to do is to proceed as planned and pray that nothing would end up messing up.

Changing a lawless town? Even now, I can't still believe that I came up with the idea of taking over the town just to build an ideal place for us to live.

The door sounded when someone knocked on my door.

I folded my long sleeve up to my upper arms first before opening the door.

"Oh," I said when I saw who's the one standing in front of the door.

Tanya assessed my clothes before putting her hand on her chin. "Not bad. Surprisingly, it looks good on you."

I walked out of the room and faced her. "Where are they?"

"I threw them out before they broke more of the things inside the living room." She began to move. "They are already waiting at the patio." She briefly stopped and faced me. "And, oh, Karoon dressed up, Misha, you should see her. She looks adorable in her dress."

Adorable Misha in a new dress? Let's go!

"I appreciate that you are treating her well."

"Of course, I am aware that she's quite important to you and may have been one of the main reasons why you are doing all of these."

"You are quite observant aren't you, Tanya?"

Her steps slowed down a little and for a moment I saw her lips pouted but immediately faded. If I'm not walking next to her, I would definitely think that it's just my imagination.

She turned her eyes to me. Her eyes have no emotion in them and even when I directly stared at them, I couldn't read anything.

"Are you sure you are not going to move right away, Casimir?"

"Even if I want to, I still can't, there's something I have to do first."

"May I know what it is?"

"Don't worry, you will."

"I see."

"Besides, I still have to discover what kind of dark plot you are planning on me."

"For a person who has little to no trust in me, you are strangely comfortable around me. It really runs in the blood isn't it?"

"I don't get what you are talking about, but sure."

We walked out on the front part of the mansion towards a white stone patio with a blue roof in the middle of the grassland plain.

Before we could even reach the patio, I could already hear the laughter coming from the people inside.

"Isn't she adorable?" That's Karoon's voice.

"Yeah, but why does she look like a miniature version of that fairy?"

"Is there something wrong, Leo?" Tanya interrupted him.

Rather than responding to her question, his eyes shifted on me and waved his hand. "You really took your precious time aren't you, boss?"

"Go, show it to him." Karoon gently guided the little lady in front of her towards me.

And yep, she really does look like a miniature version of Tanya in that dress. 

She's wearing a small gothic dress complete with a headband that greatly complements her still small but pointy horns peeking on the base of her twin-tailed hair.

She smiled as she walked towards me.

"What do you think, Mister Casimir?" Karoon asked.

Of course, she's adorable! She's always adorable!

I cleared my throat. "Not bad."

"He said not bad, but he looks like a very proud father," Leal commented while sitting on one of the stone barricades of the patio next to Mehrad.

Misha ran on me and hugged my waist. I gently patted her head.

"Big sis Karoon picked this dress for me."

"Really? You look cute in that dress."

"Are you sure she's not your daughter, boss?"

"No. Do I look like someone who has a 10-year-old daughter?"

"Are you seriously expecting us to assume your age just because you look young? Judging an immortal based on their appearance is never a reliable standard, you know? Just look at Tanya."

"What?"

"I mean, Leal. He looks a lot younger, if we're going to assume his age based on his appearance, we would end up greatly mistaken. How old are you again, Leal?"

"Old enough."

"I see, how about you, Tan- I have to go."

What? 

Did he just casually reveal that by chance I am an immortal?

"Isn't she adorable, Tan-Tan?"

"Indeed, she is. The dress you made fits her very well."

Is immortality commonplace in this ridiculous world?

"Big bro Casimir? Why are you shivering?"

Am I a fucking immortal?

69