Chapter 41: Sources And Products
1.7k 7 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Tanya toured me around the mine system and explained the products that have been produced in these cave systems, and she also said that it's only one of the several mine systems we have.

To my surprise, the mine system was much larger than I expected it to be. The mining system was divided by multiple smaller mineshaft lines about 3 meters high and wide enough to fit at least 5 to 10 miners inside. We could hear the loud smashing sounds inside as they extracted the mineral resources dispersed throughout the place.

These cave systems were the main places where they could get basic needs for building like iron, gravel, limestones, and even clay could be produced from here, based on what Tanya said, this place was also where the entire town could get the supply of salt which was a necessity for cooking, and similarly, gemstones that could be traded to the other kingdoms which were more important for this town than I expected, those trades were the main sources of currently circulating currency inside the town. 

Due to this town having no currency of its own and visitors tending to come and go, a consistent supply of circulating currency is a must to prevent the economy of this town from collapsing due to economic deflation.

And yep, she managed to handle it all like a boss.

"You know, it's quite unpleasant when you're just keeping your silence while looking at me like that." She said while narrowing her eyes. "Do you want to say something?"

We're back to the carriage and currently on our way to the next location.

"Not particularly, I just realized that you are amazing."

She gasped and immediately shifted her gaze back outside. "Hmph, you can't flatter me for something I already know."

"So, where are we going next?"

She stared back at me. "I'll show you the farmlands and the livestock establishments."

"I see."

After a few minutes, the carriage stopped and both of us walked down from the carriage. What greeted us was a huge farmland filled with different kinds of crops and farmers currently harvesting. 

They waved their hands at us upon seeing our arrival.

I put my hand on top of my eyes to cover the sun. "How huge is this farmland? I can't see the end of it!"

"I am not certain how big this farmland is, all I know is it can somehow supply the demands of the economy of the entire town."

One of the farmers ran towards us and bowed his head. An old man with a wolf's ears.

Now, I'm fairly certain that wolf variants of beastkin are one of the most common types, they're everywhere.

"Greetings, Lady Tanya and Lord Casimir, it's my pleasure to finally meet you."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"I can't believe that I have finally met you, all these years that passed, the only thing I was hearing about you is your name from Lady Tanya's stories, but now you are finally here in the flesh."

All these years? My name?

"What do you mean?"

"Kemon, how's the farmland?"

Then old man Kemon immediately faced Tanya with a smile. "Yes, Lady Tanya. We're almost done harvesting the wheat section and as of now, we're planting the corns and another set of saffrons, furthermore, we have a very good harvest of tomatoes, peppers, and beans."

"Very well, if we have more than enough supply, we can send some to the kingdom of Inizio along with the new gemstones batch produced for decent trades."

"Yes, Lady Tanya." Kemon bowed his head and left us with a smile on his face.

The both of us were shrouded in silence as we watched him join the farmers from afar.

"Are you hiding something very controversial from me?"

I faced her and found her staring at me with a puzzling smile on her beautiful but at the same time mysterious face.

"I am."

"Your blatant honesty really amazes me that it left me with no words to say."

She walked towards the location of the farmland and shifted back to me while walking back. "I have very strict rules in our mine systems that's why we couldn't get the chance to touch anything in there, but the rules in farmland are different." Her porcelain white skin glowed as the sun touched it and made her silver hair bright more. "Do you want to help the farmers harvest some tomatoes?"

"Are you sure you really want to pick some tomatoes?" I walked towards her.

"Why? Afraid some twigs might wound your delicate hands?" She walked towards the farmers currently farming tomatoes from a distance.

How nice, I could finally see what a gothic girl looks like while harvesting some vegetables. What possibly life can offer that is better than this?

I joined the crowd of farmers and they said their greetings upon seeing me. I smiled at them in response and approached Tanya.

And man, she really does love to take her time.

She's elegantly sitting in front of the small tomato tree and picking the fruits one by one and putting them in the basket she's holding, which the farmers gave her.

I squatted a meter away from her and easily picked the entire tree and put them in my basket.

"Just be careful, your hand might get hurt." She commented with a smug on her face.

I just shook my head and continued to harvest.

This is the very first time doing this shit!

City boy, I know. But, harvesting isn't bad.

Picking some vegetables while directly under the sun, with the occasional laughter to the jokes of the farmers with me.

And to my surprise, Tanya didn't mind the casual teasing of the farmers, occasionally, I would see her smiling with them.

The farmers were comfortable with her presence, a thing that I honestly didn't expect due to her high and proud personality.

I enjoyed every moment of it that I actually lost track of time.

After a few hours, the farmers finally decided to take a lunch break.

I stared at Tanya who was still sitting on one of the tomato trees several meters away from me. I walked towards her to call her for lunch.

"You know? When you bragged about harvesting earlier, that's the exact opposite of what I expected you would do. Are you done talking with the tomatoes?"

She put some of her hair at the back of her ears and stared at me. A smile emerged on her face. "I can harvest all of these in one move of my finger, but don't you think that doing it like this is more amusing?"

I handed my hand to her. "The most amusing thing I have seen in this place is you."

She grabbed my hand and used it to stand up. 

Man! It should be illegal to have such a soft hand!

"I hope it's a compliment."

I chuckled.

"It surely is."

But she responded by narrowing her eyes. "You are smiling like a big pervert."

I released her hand and scratched the back of my head. "Oh, my bad."

64