Chapter 45: Revolution
1.4k 0 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The procedure of transformation of the entire town began. 

Karoon immediately launched multiple facilities in the Fang and Marionette factions, but we were fully aware that it's not enough to make jobs for everyone because it would still take a considerable amount of time for the new establishments to build and start to operate, so Tanya decided to finally open the Spriggan faction, but with strict rules that needed to follow, similarly, the same rules were immediately got implemented throughout the entire town.

At first, the Spriggan faction citizens took a few days to finally get accustomed to their new colleagues and so did the people from the Fang and Marionette factions, but given that the Spriggan faction was completely close for an entire 10 years, their reaction was quite understandable.

On the other hand, most of the people from the Fang and Marionette faction were not used to farming, mining, and even ranching and the culture shock took them a little bit longer to get familiarized with the new set of livelihood they got. However, that issue was only applicable to what I called veteran dwellers of Fang and Marionette faction because the newcomers of said factions managed to get easily adapted to the farming, mining, and ranching life, perhaps, due to most of them grew up from forest and villages with farmlands, compared to the veterans who spent their lives relying on shady careers involving crimes while living inside the town.

Speaking of crimes, violence was now completely prohibited in the entire town and anyone who failed to abide by the rules would get punished based on their offenses, however, if they were outsiders, they would end up immediately kicked out from the town.

It's quite difficult in the first week of implementation of the rules because well, this place was called a lawless town, and monitoring the visitors was not an easy task. But, thanks to the cooperation of the Marionette corps stationed in every nook and cranny of the town who were under Leal's command, the violence throughout the town gradually subsided. 

And I heard, they're currently recruiting new members to tighten up the security of the town much further.

However, the Marionette faction was Leal's property, and mobilizing those mercenaries wasn't free nor cheap. To make it simple, Marionette corps was an independent business and not part of the governance of the town of Agrona. Just like what our stated deal was.

Which I somehow managed to pay up to.

Due to the 3 factions now united in one administration, all the taxes will go in one place, this time, it's centralized under my control.

Yep, even I was so surprised too. I almost forgot that even though this place was kinda chaotic, it's still a thriving community.

I used those taxes coming from the establishments that already operating inside the town to pay for the security and establishment projects we were working on, and now that new facilities starting to rise, thanks to those generous taxes, I could expect more administration budget for me to use to build more establishment and for the incoming renovations plans I had.

However, budgeting all of it was never an easy task. First of all, I was just an overly optimistic boy who thought managing an entire town just involves pointing your fingers onto something, saying what kind of establishment or renovation I want on it and it would build on its own, or someone probably would build it effortlessly as I command. I was gravely mistaken. There's more on to it. Paper works, budget reports, and meetings with my council, which was the Dark triad, lots of lots of meetings.

I was having a thought that they're already tired of hearing my voice because we're performing a meeting every freaking single day just to ask them about their opinions about something I wanted to do.

And secondly, I hate math! Sometimes I just wanted to smash my head on the smooth wooden office table the people of the Spriggan faction gifted me.

It's a good thing, Tanya was always there to help me out. She taught me a lot of things and she's a very good teacher if I say the least.

But knowing what to do is different from applying it. The fact that I already knew what needed to be done made everything a lot smoother than it should be. However, it still took me at least 20 days to get accustomed to all of the responsibilities I had.

And before I knew it, one month had passed, and the lawless town of Agrona was no more. It was now officially called the town of Agrona.

I know, not that of a big name change, but still.

I exhaled as I shifted my gaze towards the human butler standing at the center of the arena waving his hand in my direction.

"And to defend his position as the ruler of the town of Agrona. Let's give a round of applause for Lord Casimir!"

I walked out to the arena and was greeted by the deafening roar of the people at the platform above.

I waved my hand towards them. In return, they jumped in excitement.

And oh, I'm still accepting challenges because this is the only way for me to release some stress.

And not just ordinary challengers, it's like a competition taking place inside the Marionette faction, inside Leal's colosseum, where the people who wanted to challenge me could participate in a series of matches and the victor would have a chance to fight me, which would take place once a week.

It just means, the person who's I'm going to fight on is not a pushover.

I turned my gaze towards the person standing in the middle of the arena.

A man wearing a hood bowed his head to me. I couldn't see his face due to the black mask he was wearing. "It's great finally meeting you, Casimir, the ruler of Agrona."

"Yeah, by the way, what's your name again?"

He removed his robe revealing his sheep-like horns and four freaking arms with a sword in each one of them. The other 2 arms were attached to his back. "I am Maeles, an elite warrior who has come from the demon tribe of Sakean. I have come to overthrow you!" He declared with such a glorious manner.

"I appreciate the gesture, buddy. But did your other 2 arms skip arm day?"

However, he didn't answer my question and just rushed towards me, while a powerful gust of wind was pushing him forward towards me and greatly accelerating his movement speed.

He's fast. But not fast enough.

"The town of Agrona will be mine- bwuah!"

In one punch to his face, his face got planted to the ground, finishing the battle in one strike.

And by the way, have I already said that on top of my responsibilities as the leader of this town, I have been doing rigorous physical training with Mehrad and magic training with Tanya? And I mean it when I said rigorous training.

It also surprised me, but I found out that I also have superhuman physical capabilities, due to me being a meruem, I first discovered it when I first fought Leo back then, but just explored it lately. It goes to show that being cursed to be a meruem is not all bad, I guess?

I raised my hand to indicate my victory but I only received 3 responses. From Misha who's clapping her hand and Mehrad and Leo beside her.

"Big bro Casimir! You did great!"

"Not bad, boss, not bad. That guy waited for a week just to get knocked out in an instant."

While all of the people at the platform above proceeded to get out of the place with unsatisfied expressions on their faces.

"At least make it longer than 5 seconds you know?" Leal protested while crossing his arms. "If this continues, no one will challenge you anymore and we're gonna need to close this unnecessary colosseum."

I scratched my head while chuckling. "I overdid it again."

49