Chapter 48: Problems
1.2k 0 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


We did a little walk along the cemented road through the miniature forest and decided to go back after a few minutes.

As we arrived, we found Leo standing at the back of the mansion while waiting for us.

He waved his hand. "Boss!"

I approached him. "Is there a problem, Leo?"

His face instantly frowned. "A little bit."

Your face is telling me it's not just a little bit!

"What is it?"

"Do you remember the cafeteria we are currently building near the entrance of the town?"

Yep, say no more.

I exhaled and put my hands on my waists. "Let me see the problem."

"Do you want me to accompany you?" Tanya said while standing beside me.

"Don't worry about it, that building is not even part of your vicinity, let me just handle it real quick." I walked inside the mansion and the 2 followed me.

As I walked in, 2 of the maids currently cleaning in the hallway bowed their heads on me. "Greetings, Lord Casimir."

"Thanks. By the way, have you seen Misha?"

The one with fox ears and orange hair walked towards me. "Yes, she's in the kitchen. These past few weeks, she's been showing great interest in cooking."

I wonder why.

"I see." I walked towards the kitchen and found her there with four of the maids currently teaching her to cook while wearing a cute pink apron with a kitten drawn in it.

She looked like she's enjoying what she's doing so I decided to not disturb her and walked towards the entrance of the mansion with Leo.

We rode in one of the carriages to easily reach our destination and what greeted me upon walking down from the carriage was the ruined establishment that still has smoke coming out from its burned parts. Gathered in front of the ruins was an abundance of people, most of them were holding some buckets while looking at me with concern in their eyes.

"Lord Casimir."

I couldn't help but brush my palm on my hand as I walked towards the building.

This building's construction was almost done, all it needed was some twitching and it's ready to open soon. It's the nearest cafeteria to the entrance of the town because I thought it would be a good idea to have this thing for the visitors to see the moment they enter the town.

But jokes on me, it's now back to nothing. There goes the budget and the elaborate planning I have done, the construction team really did a good job of building it faster than I expected, but welp.

Leo stood beside me. "It seems, some of the visitors still don't understand that this town is no longer a lawless town. They know that they couldn't cause any ruckus in the inner part of the town so maybe they decided to target the currently ongoing building nearest to the entrance and wait for the best time to attack when there were only lesser guards around. They used fire magic to burn the restaurant and some sort of Extreme speed for an easy escape."

What the fuck? They just came here to destroy things and run away? I didn't know that trolls exist even in this world!

"Is there anyone that got injured?"

"There's no employees or civilians who were harmed. Thankfully, it's lunch break when the attack happened."

Speaking of lunch break, I just realized that I haven't had my lunch yet. I was so occupied that I forgot, I should eat after this. It would be bad if I'm always forgetting to eat. I have eaten breakfast though.

I nodded. "I see." I shifted my gaze to Leo. "The culprits, where are they?"

Leo gave me an assured smile. "Don't worry, boss. We already took care of them."

"Pardon me, come again?"

"We managed to get rid of all of them, all 10 of those bastards. They thought they could outrun us, but they were proven wrong. They learned that defying the new ruler of Agrona is a grave mistake." Leo explained with a sinister smile on his face.

Ha?

Why do you look so proud of it? And why are you making it sound like I was the main reason why you decided to go on that procedure? I don't remember myself being that terrifying.

And for some reason, the people around us rejoiced about the news that they literally slaughtered 10 people! I mean those guys did a very rage-inducing crime, but straight up killing them is a little bit over the top.

My hand automatically moved and massaged my forehead. "I see."

"Are you alright, boss? You look pale, are you sick?"

I removed my hand from my face. "I'm alright. By the way, where is Mehrad?"

"He's currently with the Marionette mercenaries, after all, he's the one who led the hunt for those 10 idiots. You should see his face while chasing them, the bastards peed on their pants while screaming the moment they saw him." He chuckled.

I shook my head. "To say the least, you all did a good job, but next time, try capturing them alive, killing them as a first resort isn't always the best retribution to give to the offenders."

"I see, torturing them until they beg for their own death is the most ideal punishment for those bastards."

Who the fuck said that?

All at once, all the people around us nodded while grunting as a sign of agreement to whoever said that cruel suggestion.

Oy! Who the hell said that? Show yourself! Let's talk!

Leo tapped my shoulder while nodding. "You are right, boss."

I wasn't the one who said it!

The hell is wrong with you people?

All I could do was stare at them with disbelief in my eyes. 

Because I genuinely couldn't believe what was happening to the people of this faction. The last time I checked, they were not this united. Unity is good all in all. However, the thing that they're agreeing on was quite a bit questionable.

Who taught you all to think like a bunch of ruthless freaks?

"Anyway, we can no longer do something about this, at least, we have learned something from this incident. Let's just rebuild it. Accordingly, I'm going to talk to Leal to tighten the security on the edges of the town. An entrance guard or 2 would be a good idea. Unfortunately, I was so busy that it's already too late before I realized how badly we needed it."

"Yes, boss." He shifted his gaze towards the people gathered around us and raised his hand. "You heard that? Get back to work!"

The people surrounding us screamed in synchronization and started to work on the now ruined restaurant.

"And, Leo."

"Yes?"

I raised my index finger and stared at him. "Please, no more unnecessary killings."

He smiled and slowly nodded. "I understand."

Uhm, why is something telling me that he doesn't actually understand what I was really trying to say?

50