Chapter 53: Temporarily
1.2k 0 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I slowly opened my eyes after a very long sleep. I felt the gentle touch of the morning sun. But this time, I was lying on my bed after getting a night of proper sleep.

I took my rest yesterday and slept earlier without stressing myself about my work, at least for the entirety of that day. I definitely did because Misha kept a close eye on me to make sure that I was getting enough rest.

I stretched my arms as I stood up and felt the refreshing energy flowing all over my body.

I immediately walked out of my room and checked Misha's room, but she was no longer there, so I walked downstairs until I heard voices coming from the dining room.

I went inside the dining room and found the 3 girls currently gossiping while taking their breakfast.

"Morning."

Misha and Karoon veered their eyes towards me and waved their hands.

"Good morning, Mister Casimir." Karoon greeted me with a big smile on her face.

"You look energetic as always, Karoon." I walked towards Misha and sat next to her. I grabbed one loaf of bread at the table and poured a full cup of tea on the teacup in front of me.

"Oh my, you no longer look dead inside. It's quite a surprise to see you here joining us to eat, It seems that you finally got yourself together. Have you hit your head, that's why you finally realized?"

I shifted my gaze to Tanya staring at me while slowly shaking the cup of tea in her hand. 

I chuckled. "Yeah, I got a little stuck on that phase, but it's over now."

"Leading a large group is hard. But we are not asking you to kill yourself. It won't kill you to take some slack, but overworking probably would." She sipped from her cup.

"I'll take your advice." I took a bite of the bread.

"Anyway, Karoon told me that some of the already built establishments will have opening ceremonies today."

I nodded. "Yes, I'll go to the ceremony. Wanna come with me? I will also take Misha with me."

Karoon clapped on my suggestion. "Come with us, Tan-Tan!"

"I want to see how the new establishments are, so I will go with you."

Karoon immediately stood up and hugged Tanya who didn't show any resistance. "I will tour you around the other factions, you will love to see the huge changes around the town."

Now I remember, Tanya hasn't actually gone out of the vicinity of the Spriggan faction yet. I have never seen her leaving her territory before. If she needs something from the other factions, she's just appointing someone to do the job for her.

"I am not interested in sightseeing, Karoon, I will just go there to see the facilities."

"I will have you try the street foods in there, some of the shops have some very delicious food!"

"Have you heard what I just said?"

"However, some of them look unclean, even though I doubted them at first, but believe me, they're delicious."

"No."

"Ehh?"

"No."

"Karoon, how many new facilities will open today?"

She stared at me but her hands were still on Tanya's shoulder. "We have 3."

"I see, so it won't take a whole day to get all of those done."

"I will not stay that long, I will leave after the 2nd establishment. I still have duties that I have to do here." Tanya declared while still enclosed in Karoon's arms.

"How about the tour, Tan-Tan?"

"No."

"I heard the sauce of that shop is the specialty of the Fang faction."

"No."

I don't think it is, when I'm hearing the phrase Fang faction's specialty, something very terrifying comes up in my mind.

"I will buy you some. It's the best. Especially the grilled wild boar eyes."

Yay.

Tanya's narrowing eyes darted on Karoon. "Karoon, what kind of aberration are the people of the Fang faction feeding you?"

"By the way, Karoon, I read your proposal about the municipal building. I would say it's a good idea, it has my approval."

She stood up properly and faced me. "I'm glad that you like it, however, It's not me who made that proposal."

"Really? Who?"

She pointed both of her hands to Tanya. "Tan-Tan did."

"I see. Thanks for that idea. I actually never thought about it."

Tanya sipped from her cup and put it back on the table. "It's not a big deal, I just thought it would be more efficient to have more hands to do the job than one."

"It will be a big help."

A small smile emerged from her lips. "I know."

"You will come with us too, Misha? Big sis Karoon will tour you around and we will have a good taste of the food there, what do you think?"

"I don't like eyes."

After we were done eating we decided to leave. As we walked outside the roundabout, there was already a carriage waiting for us outside. A shiny white carriage that could fit 4 people inside with a rectangular wagon that was pulled by 4 white horses. The 2 coachmen opened the gate door for us as we hopped up.

Unlike the last time I rode with Tanya, there were multiple doors and windows in this carriage. Tanya sat next to the door in front of me, next to her was Karoon who was chatting with Misha sitting next to me.

As our carriage started to move, I leaned my hand beside the glass window of the door of the carriage. 

"When was the last time you came to the other factions?"

Tanya shifted her gaze at me from outside while leaning her chin on her hand over her lap. "Since the war temporarily ended."

I see it's been 3 years. But wait!

"Temporarily? I thought the war between the humans and demi-humans finally ended for good?"

She crossed her hands. "Everyone knows it's not, the humans just took their break, but the war is still far from over. Sooner, another era of war will break out again, especially since they know that the greatest warriors demi-humans have are nowhere to find. To begin with, that tribe was the only reason why humans didn't start their conquest sooner. Now that nothing can stop them anymore, it will only take time before they become an unstoppable force even for all demi-humans to withstand."

"The tribe that you are referring to, don't you mean?"

She pointed her index finger at me. "Yes,  the very idea of human's conquest to annihilate all demi-humans started the instant your tribe suddenly disappeared. The only group of demi-humans that humans feared, the tribe of relentless destroyers."

46