Chapter 56: Connections
1.3k 0 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Inside the town of Agrona, at the marketplace of the Marionette faction's territory. Beneath the late noon sun. I wandered my eyes throughout the place as we entered into the crowd gathering in front of the small stalls scattered around selling different kinds of things.

"Mister Casimir, here! Let's try this one next!" Karoon energetically waved her hand while walking in the middle of the crowd.

Some of the shops were selling clothes weaved by hand, I also saw some stalls selling some fruits and vegetables. The people were waving their hands at us with smiles on their faces.

"Lord Casimir, Young Lady Misha."

"Yo," I replied as I waved my hand back.

On the other hand, Misha waved her hand on them with a smile.

Yes, she's quite popular in this town too. I'm glad that they're treating Misha the way they're treating me.

We caught up with Karoon and found her in front of a stall selling some clothes. She flashed a yellow T-shirt she's holding at me. There's a fox knitted in red as design in the middle of the T-shirt.

"What do you think, Mister Casimir?"

I nodded. "It's cute, do you like foxes?"

She repeatedly shook her head. "No, no." She raised the T-shirt and covered her face. "I just think this cloth is cute."

"It is." I looked down at Misha. "What do you think, Misha?"

"Big sis Karoon is always cute whatever she wears."

"Ohh, that's why I love you, Misha." She hugged Misha.

"Buy it then, so we could go to the food stall that you want us to get a taste of their food from."

"Aye!" She stood up and faced the merchant inside the stall.

However, after that stall, we checked out more in our way because well, Karoon loved walking around checking out everything. While on the other hand, I and Misha were being swarmed by the people that made it hard for us to keep up with her.

Not to mention, Karoon could easily disappear from our sight.

She's walking like the wind.

"Lord Casimir, please take this basket of apples. It's sweet, freshly harvested from the Spriggan faction farmland." Said the old human lady handing the basket in her hands.

"Ah, thanks, I appreciate it."

"Lord Casimir, Young Lady Misha, have some grilled corn." Said the middle-aged man with bunny ears.

"Ow, thanks."

"Lord Casimir, Young lady Misha, I made this by hand, I hope you like it." Said the demon woman while putting the flower necklaces on both of us that resembled the flower necklaces that were being handed out in a Hawaiian theme event.

"Oh, wow, thanks."

We reached the place that we're planning to go to. The stall was located beside the huge roundabout with wooden tables and chairs scattered throughout the circular road. Unlike the main road where the stalls were placed, this place was less crowded, they're still an abundance of people, but most of them were sitting on the tables and eating. This may be the dining area of this marketplace.

I found Karoon standing in front of a stall with a sign above saying 'Meat pie' while happily talking with the merchant inside. Upon arriving, Karoon gave me a surprised face.

"Why did you buy all those? We have lots of that at home though."

I exhaled while looking at the basket on my arms full of fruits and vegetables. I looked like I went on a shopping spree.

"Believe me I didn't buy any of it."

"Big bro Casimir, you look so cute with flowers on your neck."

"Really? Then it's a good thing."

"Lady Karoon, here's your order." Said the merchant inside the stall.

"Wow, so fast."

"Of course, we don't want our ruler to wait for too long, no?"

"Thank you very much." She grabbed the pie over the counter, walked towards us, and put the pie over the wooden table in front of me. "Let's eat!"

I put the basket under the table and sat in the opposite direction where Karoon was sitting, on the other hand, Misha sat next to me.

"So this food was what you're talking about. How do you find this place?"

She grabbed a piece of the already sliced 8 pie. "Kuro and I are always coming in here to hang out and talk about random things."

"Kuro? Do you mean Kuro the elf maid? Kuro, that is also Leal's right hand?"

I grabbed 2 of the slices and gave one to Misha before taking a bite on the pie. The rich flavor of the beef instantly struck my tongue. I would say, this pie is pretty good.

"Yes, that Kuro. Is there any other person named Kuro around here?"

"I see. I just can't imagine Kuro hanging out. I mean, she seems very strict."

Karoon chuckled.

"I mean, I can be wrong."

"Don't worry, Mister Casimir. I too thought the same thing at first, so I can't blame you. After all, Kuro and I have been friends for a long time now, that's why I know how she actually behaves."

"You 2 are long-time friends? I didn't notice. Moreover, Kuro wasn't there when I challenged Tanya before so I never saw you together."

"Mister Leal doesn't like when Kuro is getting close to Tan-tan. Because Tan-tan always was talking about taking her away from Mister Leal because Tan-tan likes Kuro."

"Tanya likes Kuro? And I thought she dislikes elves?"

Karoon's expression abruptly changed as she paused. She made a face as if she said something she shouldn't. But immediately flashed her big smile to hide it. "Tan-tan likes Kuro because she's different."

As much as I was curious about it, her face was telling me that I shouldn't ask more about this topic.

"I see. It surprised me to hear that about Kuro."

"Most of the time, she tends to act formally, but just like me, she's just a girl. She has responsibilities but it doesn't mean that she doesn't have a life outside of her job. We love talking about a lot of personal things that couldn't be told to anyone, even for Mister Leal and Tan-Tan."

"Like crushes and some sort?"

She immediately covered her face. "Ehh! Don't say it like that!"

Heh, girls talk, even in another world, it's all the same topic.

However, I can't imagine what Kuro looks like outside of her work. Does she like cute things too? What's her casual smile look like? What's her casual voice sound like?

"How's the pie, Misha? Isn't it delicious? This one is the best in this town."

"It's delicious."

"Good, good, just say it to me if you want to eat here again. Big sis Karoon will definitely bring you here whenever you like."

Welp, it would probably take a long time for me to answer those questions.

43