Chapter 68: Prince Dieter Inizio
978 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked outside and gazed upon the crowd of people gathered at the entrance of the marketplace of the Fang faction, and there were a lot of them.

I think most of the citizens of the Fang faction decided to go here.

"Oh, All 3 of them are here," Karoon commented while looking at the window outside, beside her was Kuro just staring at me.

I looked outside and found 3 familiar faces standing right in front of the crowd while looking at the unfamiliar carriages parked at the center of the road.

"Is that Leal?"

"Yes, master Leal is already here waiting for you with Mister Leo and Mister Mehrad."

I just said that I want to welcome the prince, why is everyone here as if we're going to start a riot?

The carriage stopped, I shook my head as I walked down from the carriage and wandered my eyes. I instantly felt the tension building around the people gathered at the place.

"What's happening here? Why are there a lot of people?" I asked as I walked towards the direction where Mehrad, Leo, and Leal were standing.

"Boss!" Leo waved his hand at me. "Our royalty visitor is here."

I reached them and turned my gaze towards the 5 black carriages in front of us. What greeted me was a defensive formation of fully armored knights with their swords and spears in their hands, they were forming 2 lines while facing the opposite direction of each line, giving way to the carriage at the very center of the 5 carriages parked in the middle of the road.

Grandiose if I might say.

"You finally arrived," Leal said while still keeping his eyes on the carriages in front of us.

"Why is everyone here?"

"You said that you want to give the prince of Inizio a warm welcome, right, boss?"

Yes, but isn't it a little bit too warm?

"They tried to force their way through, I think they were aiming to reach the Spriggan faction. We don't recall you allowing them to, so the people of the Fang faction decided to stop them. Furthermore, besides the fact that the prince of the kingdom Inizio is notorious for having an ego on par with Tanya, we still don't know what they are planning to do, so the best decision is to contain them here until they address their purpose." Leal answered.

The first reason sounds like bad news.

"I see."

But you don't have to go this far though.

"Show your respect to the crown prince of the great kingdom of Inizio, Prince Dieter Inizio!" One of the knights announced using a glorious baritone voice.

The door of the carriage where the knights were lining up opened. What came out was a glamorous young man with red hair and a sophisticated set of clothing. He's wearing a long-sleeved white tunic and black cloak with gray furs on the shoulder and neck, black trousers, and black leather shoes.

He flicked his strangely impressive hair as he elegantly walked through the knights standing at the side of his path.

He raised his hand while flashing a proud smile on his handsome face.

He has a perfectly sculptured face, red lips, and fascinating pair of green eyes! It should be illegal to be this handsome! Just seeing him makes me want to cry for my own appearance.

"Greetings, people of the lawless town of Agrona!" He gazed upon the crowd glaring at him. However, it seemed that he didn't mind the dagger stares of the people around him. He paused for a second and put his hand on his chin while staring at the people around. "Hmm? Are you sure we're in the right place?" He looked back and faced the knights behind him.

"Yes, Your Highness, it is indeed the infamous lawless town of Agrona... Uh... it is also my first time entering this place."

He repeatedly nodded. "I see, but this place is different than I expected to be."

Maybe despite how pompous he appeared, he's easy to talk to, just like Captain Callan. I just hope so.

I walked towards them. "Welcome to the new town of Agrona, so you are the crown prince of the kingdom of Inizio."

All of them turned their gazes towards me, and as expected, the knights who were looking in the opposite direction that saw me for the first time after looking in my way instantly moved and covered the prince in their defensive formation while the sign of visible panic was apparent on their movement.

Yep, as expected. I'm starting to get used to it.

"Your Highness, please hide inside the formation!" Said the knight while raising his sword with his shivering hand. "What a monster like this doing in this place?"

"Oy, oy!"

I raised my hand to stop the people around us from making any move and remained standing while gazing upon the knights. "You all don't need to be that hostile and I would greatly appreciate it if you won't call me that."

"My, my. We didn't come here to fight. Besides, if they really want to eliminate us, they already did while we're still on our way here. Put your weapons down." Prince Dieter came out from the crowd while expressing a proud smile on his face.

"Yes, Your Highness!" The knights replied as they gave him the way.

"Forgive my knight's rudeness." He walked towards me. "For your awareness, let me just introduce myself. The name is Dieter Inizio, the crown prince of the kingdom of Inizio. And judging by the respect of the people for you, you must be a high-ranking subordinate of the ruler of this town."

Wow, the confidence of this guy! Top-notch!

This guy's aura is screaming stereotypical egocentric prince. What a clique!

He clicked his finger. "I came here to have a little talk to the ruler of this place. Would you mind taking us to the ruler of this town, the Shadow Fairy, Tanya Latora?"

"I'm afraid that Tanya is currently occupied at this moment, but about your request to talk to the ruler of this town, we can arrange that."

He raised his index finger and nodded. "I see. That's great."

I narrowed my eyes while watching his pretentious movements. "So, what do you want to talk about with the ruler of this town?"

He walked towards me. "To be honest, I have come here to find out what questionable businesses you have here, but I'm amazed to see that you have an interesting situation in this place. I want to talk to her about it, but before that." To my surprise, he put his hand on my shoulder and flashed a puzzling smile on his face. "I didn't expect to see such a monster in this place. Are those horns real? Or just for a scare?"

Monster, huh?

I smirked and faced him. "Would you mind taking your dirty hand off my shoulder?"

What came next was a loud scream coming from the person standing in front of me and the blood trails on the road from his now decapitated hand, while the other half rolled to the gray brick road and coated it with blood.

Oh, I slipped.

I stared at him as he walked back while holding his arms.

"Monster? I already told you don't call me that."

The knights immediately formed their formation and pointed their weapons towards me.

"Stay back! Don't move closer." One of the knights shouted at me, I couldn't see his face due to the armor he was wearing, but the terror was completely audible in his voice.

They were preparing for battle.

Ah... I've really done it. I messed up!

I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Oy! Oy! Have you forgotten where you boneheads are standing right now? You are inside the town of Agrona! Where did you find the guts to point your weapons to the ruler of Agrona himself? Do you really want to die that much, huh, humans?" Leo announced with a voice full of intimidation.

And without a delay, all of the people around us revealed their weapons and raised them with such resolution in their eyes.

Uhm... guys.

"Such an inexcusable act." Leal stood beside me.

Mehrad, you should stop the- Mehrad!

He's cracking his fingers! "Start it, let's see what will happen." He said while still expressing a gentle smile on his face!

Not you too! You are supposed to be the composed one here! And who am I to talk? I'm the one who started it up!

The panic in the knights' voices was apparent as they groaned while slowly walking back.

I am fuck, am I?

39