Chapter 71: Assembly
925 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Wearing a red cape with black fur around his neck, covering a white long sleeve made of expensive silks created only by the best tailors of the kingdom of Milana, and among 12 kings currently inside the meeting room, the only one who was wearing a golden crown with 5 tips with a piece of diamond engraved in each tips representing the 5 generations of heroes that came from the prominent kingdom.

Most of King Alonzo's hair was already white due to his age, but the image of his former combat days was still visible in his aged but still bulky body and a noticeable scar under his eyes that tarnished his impressive nose.

"Now that everyone is here, should we start the meeting?" He said with such a delighted voice and a weak but meaningful smile on his face.

All of the attention of the kings in front of the table instantly shifted to him, including the king of the kingdom of Inizio.

"I assume that you all already noticed that all of the kings gathered in this meeting are the current 12 of the most influential kingdoms outside the 3 main kingdoms of humanity. Let's proceed to the main reason why I gathered you all here." He raised the golden cane in his hand leveling over the table. "The new era is here, the great war is about to begin, and we are the ones who will inaugurate its greatest beginning."

Synchronized gasp immediately resonated around the room while looking at each other with surprise on their faces.

King Tirion put his hand on the stone table and leaned towards King Alonzo, he was the nearest one to King Alonzo's location. "Do you mean you invited us all here just to announce that a new world war is about to begin and you want us to help you start it? Has the holy land of Amarantha have any statement about this because if they don't, no matter how hard you try, you can't force us to, we are talking about war, King Alonzo."

King Alonzo clicked his finger, instantly, Commander Einar handed a piece of paper to every king in the room. As king Tirion received the piece of paper, his eyes immediately widened upon seeing what was written in it.

"This can't be real."

"It is real, King Tirion, not only the holy land of Amarantha, but we also received endorsement from the other 2 main kingdoms. The hero of the holy land of Amarantha will be dispatched if the situation needs to. That's also the reason why they were not invited here, they are just waiting for us to make a move, and the world war will once more finally begin. But this time, the glory is for us to attain. I have a concrete plan and resources at my disposal. Much more, I am confident that we can win this war even without the help of the holy land's hero." He stood up and raised his hands. "This time, with my lead and the power of Milana's rightful hero, humanity will prevail."

"King Alonzo... what are you planning to do?" King Tirion asked.

A puzzling smile emerged on king Alonzo's face. "The very thing the hero of the holy land of Amarantha failed to do. Conquer the world and eliminate all the blemishes... the demi-humans. A world without demi-humans, isn't that the kind of world we are dreaming of? This is the time to bring that dream of ours to its realization. All you need to do is follow my- no... follow the lead of the great kingdom of Milana." He folded his fist. "And victory is ours."

All at once, except King Tirion who was looking at King Alonzo with disbelief, all the kings at the table nodded in agreement.

"This is what we are waiting for, finally, the holy land of Amarantha decided to make a move."

"We need to make a move now, as time goes on, those demi-humans are using the resources that our gods have given to us. It's time to take what is always ours."

"I agree."

"I should prepare my army now, especially that the hero is with us in this fight."

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, hear me out first. Just like I said earlier, I have a concrete plan that will lead us to complete victory, even without the hero of the holy land of Amarantha's aid." King Alonzo announced.

All of the eyes shifted to him again.

"We have learned a lot of things from the last war and now, we can use what we've learned from it. That's our advantage against the foolish demi-humans, we can learn and adapt, unlike them who are only relying on their bestial instincts over and over again." A proud smile emerged on his face. "Rather than directly charging at the demi-human kingdoms, which was proven not the best tactic. We are planning to establish an outpost at the boundary that will certainly give us a huge advantage in this incoming war. Similarly, we already found a perfect place for such a purpose. A certain town located at the very boundary of the territories of humans and demi-humans that is also full of imperfections loudly asking us for cleansing."

"Are we thinking about the same place, King Alonzo?" King Tirion asked with such attentiveness in his eyes.

King Alonzo responded at him with such delight on his face and nodded. "Did I finally get your interest now, King Tirion?"

King Tirion narrowed his eyes. "You already have."

King Alonzo laughed at his reply. On the other hand, the 10 kings with them just stared at each other with questions on their faces.

"Yes, I am talking about the lawless town of Agrona. The lair of the class S rank, Shadow Fairy, Tanya Latora!"

Once more, the synchronized gasped sounded in the room, but this time, the gasps were louder. The eyes of the kings enlarged just hearing the name of the person he just mentioned.

King Alonzo tapped the armored shoulder of Commander Einar who immediately nodded. He faced the astonished kings. "That pretentious fairy will fall in the hands of the hero of the kingdom of Milana, Commander Einar Aegle, and his invincible army. Then, Once we get our hands on that little town, we will use that place and its resources as our outpost, and from there, our relentless conquest will begin. The inevitable fall of all demi-humans will start and nothing can stop us anymore!"

 

What he received was a harmonized nod of agreement from the kings on the table.


Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

32