Chapter 72: Unanimous
903 2 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"What is your plan to conquer that lawless town?" One of the kings asked with such curiosity in his eyes.

"Just like what I announced earlier, the hero of Milana will take care of it."

Suddenly, a loud baritone chuckle got all of their attention. It's coming from King Tirion, as he stopped, his eyes instantly darted to Commander Einar. "Commander Einar Aegle, what made you think that you can defeat the Shadow fairy? Every kingdom led by every king in this room tried at least once, no one succeeded, what do you have that will make a difference?"

Commander Einar bowed his head and raised his face with a smile as if he was already expecting King Tirion's question. "Not just me. But the Hive mind legion and of course... our newly formed Zeppelin bombardment force."

King Tirion leaned back with his enlarged eyes. "I see now, that is why you finally decided to start the war, you are finally done developing it. Your boasted Zeppelin bombardment force. That's the source of your enormous confidence."

The smile on Commander Einar's lips became wider. "Yes."

What came next was the loud clapping of the kings inside the room.

Upon seeing the reaction of the people inside the room, Commander Einar walked forward and raised his hand.

"You have my assurance that we will win this battle. Besides, there are only 2 of them that can cause any threat to our aerial advantage with the Zeppelin bombardment force. The only ones who will pose a great threat to us are the Shadow fairy, Tanya Latora... and the infamous Infernal destroyer. First, we will overwhelm them with the quantity of our best set of knights and mages in the ground. With the help of my advanced class skill, Hive mind, my skill will provide us with the best coordination that any military force could not even imagine to have. With the great pressure that we will inflict on them, it will force the fairy and the Infernal destroyer out and the only thing we need to do is to crush them both, with me who will deliver the final blow. Once we got rid of 2 of their most valuable members, I don't think Puppet master Leal and Leo the Invincible could hold against us, their entire ranks will fall apart and will start to run for their lives just like the real demi-humans that they are, then, we can just easily crush the entirety of the town from the sky with our Zeppelin bombardment force. It's a certain victory for us."

The kings on the table stood up and clapped their hands while nodding their heads, with King Tirion the only one sitting with his hand on his chin.

Even King Alonzo stood up and clapped his hand. "What is your thought, King Tirion?"

"I don't think you still need to know, you already got the favor of most of the kings in this meeting, my opinion won't matter anymore."

King Alonzo chuckled but his laugh has no humor in it. "I am fully aware that you are a person who is hard to please, but admitting that this plan is great will not hurt. Or is it because your kingdom has a good relationship with that town? Did that fairy really manage to entice you? I hope that's not the case… King Tirion."

King Tirion looked around and found all the eyes inside the room dwelling on him. He slowly exhaled and stood up. He walked towards Commander Einar and stood right in front of him while authoritatively staring at him. He raised his hand and tapped Commander Einar's armored shoulder twice. "I am looking forward to the realization of your plan, Commander Einar Aegle, the proclaimed hero of the kingdom of Milana. Annihilate that little town, I want to see how you do it."

The roar of claps resonated throughout the room.

Commander Einar nodded. "It is my pleasure."

King Tirion turned his back on him and walked towards the door. "If you want to start another war against the demi-humans, do it. The approval of my kingdom in this council is all yours. My single vote can't change anything anyway." He stopped right in front of Commander Alain. "Let's go, Commander."

Commander Alain nodded. "Yes, your Majesty."

As King Tirion left the room, the kings on the table immediately stood up and gave their praises to Commander Einar's plan and declared their confidence in their victory.

King Tirion and Commander Alain walked through the long corridor without uttering a single word and rode the carriage the moment they got out.

The carriage started to move away from the massive castle of Milana. King Tirion looked outside while his hand was on his chin while crossing his legs. A subtle smile emerged on his face as the castle slowly disappeared from his sight.

"King Alonzo and his desperation to get their former glory back." He shifted his gaze to Commander Alain sitting in front of him. "Though I can't criticize him. All of us had something they couldn't afford to lose. However, if an unfortunate event happens and we do and we know that there's a way to regain what we lose, it is natural to end up doing everything, even desperate measures just to get it back."

Commander Alain nodded.

"But King Alonzo miscalculated one thing, the very thing I can't afford to lose can no longer be retrieved once it is gone and I am not a fool to take a gamble."

King Tirion's chuckle resonated inside the carriage and after a few seconds, silence occurred and what remained was his serious expression without any humor in it.

"I can't believe that they have genuinely thought that I would betray Tanya. Laughable." He turned his gaze outside. "Another era of pointless war will begin, humans really will never stop until they have finally satisfied their insatiable acquisitiveness. Greed for wealth, power, and glory, that's we humans only driving force. However, you have made a huge mistake attempting to fight the very person that you shouldn't. Alonzo, you have just incited the inevitable fall of your own kingdom."

38