Chapter 73: Modification
929 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Casimir Kismet)

I narrowed my eyes as I stared at Misha sitting in front of me. We're currently inside the patio in the grassland in front of the mansion.

"Hmm?" I tilted my head in an attempt to get a proper look, but what I was seeing didn't change.

"Your tea will get cold if you don't drink it," Misha said while staring at me.

"Oh, my bad." I sipped my tea while still keeping my eyes on her.

I have been noticing it lately, but chose to ignore it because I thought I was just seeing things, but now that I had a proper look at it.

I'm not seeing things! Something is really strange happening to her lately!

"Is there something wrong, Big bro Casimir?" Misha asked with visible concern in her eyes.

I shook my head. "Nothing... However, Misha, have you been feeling strange about yourself lately?"

Misha's eyebrows furrowed. "No. Why?"

"Nothing. Oh, can I have those cookies?" I took a bite on one of the cookies on the plate lying on the white circular table at the center of the patio. "Wow, it's delicious, who made this?"

An adorable, cute, delightful, wonderful, fascinating, charming, enchanting, and I couldn't think of another synonym anymore smile emerged on her face. "I made these."

I couldn't help but smile. "You do?"

She repeatedly nodded. "Big bro Gareth taught me how."

I patted her head. "Look at you, you are growing so fast."

She softly giggled to my praises. "You're exaggerating it, Big bro Casimir."

"I'm pretty sure I am not."

"I hate to disturb you 2, but the party will start soon and you 2 need to prepare now." Tanya stood right at the entrance of the patio while crossing her arms.

I stood up and looked outside, wooden tables covered in the white fabric were scattered throughout the huge grassland along with the people currently working on the venue. I also saw Karoon running in every direction while assisting the workers in organizing the party that was about to take place.

It's a little bit late now, but we're going to have a party to celebrate my official proclamation as the ruler of this town. 

There were still a few hours left before the party got started and I already prepared the suit I would wear. It would be a huge party because all the factions were invited and the entire Spriggan faction would be the venue.

I stared back at Tanya and found her still crossing her arms and glaring at me. "Are you still mad about the prince of the kingdom of Inizio?"

Rather than answering me, she walked out and didn't reply. Misha just giggled at us.

I stood up, drank my cup of tea, put a cookie in my mouth, and walked out. "You should change now, Misha."

"I will," Misha replied.

I followed Tanya and walked beside her. She exhaled and slowed down. 

"You said before that the king of the kingdom of Inizio is a close friend of yours, I realized that what I did would definitely cause huge trouble for us. It's my bad, I shouldn't have just cut his hand out of nowhere, but hey, at least it's just his hand, right? It would be worse if it was his head that rolled to the road."

Her sharp gaze instantly pointed at me.

"It's just a joke!" I cleared my throat. "Luckily, I managed to bring his hand back before sending him home. But still, I apologize." I tapped her shoulder. "Are we good now? If your sharp glare could kill, I'm pretty sure I'm already dead since yesterday." I chuckled.

She slowly exhaled. "You are the one who decided that you want to create a peaceful place for us to live in, I am just here to support you. If you want that goal to come to its realization, you should work on your temper. To become the peace-loving ruler that you want to be, you should learn that violence is not always the answer to everything. Maybe a nonlethal punch or two will be more than enough to teach someone a lesson, don't just slice someone just because he annoyed you. Is hanging out with Mehrad starting to rub off on you?"

Mehrad? Why Mehrad?

"Noted."

"Your hand, it is heavy."

I immediately removed my hand on her shoulder. "Ah, my bad."

"You should change now, everyone will arrive soon."

"Yeah, I will." I was about to move but stopped when I remembered something. I raised my index finger and faced her. "By the way, I want to ask something. I noticed something strange happening to Misha, do you have any idea about it?"

She stopped walking. "What do you mean?"

I put my hand on my chin. "How can I say it? Hmm. Is it just me, or is Misha's mana manifestation growing at an alarming rate?"

Tanya's eyebrows instantly furrowed and stared at me with confusion. "Are you telling me you don't know why?"

"Of course, I don't. What could possibly be the reason?"

"Do you mean all this time you are walking around the town without knowing it?"

"No? Know what?"

For a few seconds, she gawked at me with her mouth slightly opened. "Casimir!" Her fists clenched as she walked towards me.

Maybe due to my instincts, I immediately covered my forehead as I walked back. "What? What? What did I do this time? I haven't done anything, have I?"

She massaged her forehead for a few seconds and stared at me. "All this time I always thought it's part of your plan. You really don't know?"

"I won't ask if I do."

She kicked the grass maybe due to her frustration.

Woah, she's really having it now.

What's up with her mood swings? Is this the time of the month?

After a few seconds of silence, she repeatedly nodded before facing me with her more relaxed atmosphere. "Do you know why the meruem tribe was the most isolated demon race?"

"The other races drove them to isolation, right?"

I mean, you were the one who told me that.

"That's one, but there's also another equally important reason. Meruem is a demon variant that is known to possess a potent mana pool that no other race could compete with. The excess mana of a meruem can greatly improve the growth potential of everyone bathed in their mana manifestation. By just being with them, they can raise the full potential of an entire army, it is a very slow process yet, extremely substantial. As a result, no other races were allowed to even get near their tribe." She walked towards me and looked up at my face. "You can't see it, but your mana manifestation is already all over the place, affecting everyone around you."

"All this time, I'm strengthening everyone without me realizing it?"

She tiptoed and raised her hand. "Yes, and to add it up, in every life you reap, you will become stronger and stronger, so as the ones serving under you." I felt a flick on my forehead, but this time, it was just a gentle flick. I felt her soft index finger pressing my forehead. "You really are helpless. You are giving rise to a formidable army without realizing it."

I chuckled. "It's a good thing, you are always here to explain everything to me."

She took her hand back. "Indeed, what could possibly happen to you without me around?"

38