Chapter 79: Proclamation
855 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


9 years ago, in the midst of the heated war between the side of humanity and demi-humans. Humanity proclaimed a new hero to lead them in the current war.

With the unanimous votes of the members of the council of all human kingdoms. The new hero was chosen from several candidates and declared as the very symbol of victory.

Most of the kingdoms of humanity celebrated as an indication of their utmost approval to the decision of the council. Most of the kingdoms, but one.

The night of the coronation of the new hero. The life inside the kingdom of Milana faded as if the entire community was mourning. The streets were empty, lights were off, and the smiles of the citizens were nowhere to be found.

Inside the castle of the kingdom of Milana, in the dark throne room. The huge chandelier above was off and the only source of light was the moonlight coming from the glass windows.

Sitting on his throne was King Alonzo, massaging his forehead. He raised his head as the sound of someone's footsteps sounded walking towards him.

"Your Majesty." Commander Einar kneeled before him.

"Einar, what are you doing here? You should take your rest. We just came home after a tiring journey."

Suddenly, Commander Einar brushed his face to the floor. "Forgive me for I am a failure, your Majesty! I have failed you! I have failed my father! And the people of the kingdom of Milana! I have failed all of you!"

King Alonzo stood up. "Your late father, Ragnar, we have fought so many wars in the past while fighting side by side. I watched him as he grew, from being just a mere shadow of his own lineage to a glorious hero that he became. I saw him fall countless times, and just like you, called himself a failure. But look at him now, the greatest hero of humanity, second only to none. The main reason why all of humanity is now finally united." He walked towards Commander Einar and stopped right in front of him. "Failure? No, Einar, you are never a failure. If you are considered a failure, it only means so is your father, which is I am certain who was not."

Commander Einar raised his head. "Your Majesty."

"The council made a great mistake not picking you over the child of the Holy land of Amarantha. That's the only reason why you haven't been picked as the new hero of humanity. For now, let them be, but soon, they will regret picking the wrong hero." King Alonzo raised his hands. "Stand up, Hero of the kingdom of Milana. This battle is still far from the end."

With the hope he gained, Commander Einar stood up. King Alonzo tapped his armored shoulder.

"I promised your father that I will help you become a more glorious hero than he ever will. It will happen. Show the world that they made a mistake, take what is always ours."

Commander Einar paused for a few seconds while looking at King Alonzo with great determination on his face. "I understand, your Majesty."

Since that day, 9 years had passed, and the development of said goal was already in motion, with a great plan in mind, it was already in their reach.

Over the sky of the kingdom of Milana, where a massive vehicle was floating and circling around the aerodrome of the kingdom. A massive oval-shaped black metal aircraft flew like a giant sky shark to the atmosphere. Fully prepared to destroy everything unfortunate enough caught beneath it. Equipped with built-in powerful explosive magic, even one could obliterate an entire village in a matter of seconds without leaving any trace of life in the target area.

The very symbol of the incoming conquest of humanity led by the kingdom of Milana.

The very weapon that was also known by the people of the kingdom of Milana as...

"The sky devourers." Commander Einar said as he looked up and watched the massive sky juggernaut above.

"All 20 of them are ready to be used, Commander Einar." Said the bald man wearing full body armor standing beside him. "Just remember that even though it can easily annihilate anything beneath it, it couldn't do anything against aerial attacks. The best time to unleash them is when you are certain that nothing can stop them anymore."

Commander Einar nodded with a smile on his face. "I am well aware, Sir Nadeo, I already have a concrete plan of how we could eliminate the ones who will pose a threat to the Zeppelin bombardment force. That's what the Hive mind legion I am leading is for."

Nadeo nodded. "6000 greatly coordinated personnel will be enough to take down the threats. I don't think even a class S rank and a town full of brutes could win against your legion's overwhelming number and flawless coordination. And once no one could stop them anymore, the Zeppelin bombardment force will do its job and erase that flawed town's very existence. This is a certain win for you, Commander. The so-called unconquerable town will now fall in your hand and what comes next are all of the demi-human kingdoms reining chaos in this perfect world our Gods created for us." With a smile on his face, he gazed at Commander Einar. "The Gods of Ulterra are with us."

Einar looked up again and watched the flying vehicle still circling to the sky. He turned his back to Nadeo and walked away with utmost resolve in his expression. "This is for humanity. In order for us to gain a better world for us to live in. May the God and Goddesses guide me in this undertaking. And shall I prevail to remove all the blemishes of this world. Even if the current hero failed to do so, I will not end up failing. The hero who was wrongly proclaimed failed because he is not destined to. On the other hand, I am." A puzzling smile emerged on his face. "Because I am the true hero of humanity and the entire world will realize it soon."

28