Chapter 86: Distribution
857 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


After a few minutes of the journey, we arrived at the huge open ground located in the territory of the Fang faction.

I walked down from the carriage and wandered my eyes throughout the place. As of this moment, we were currently distributing weapons and armors to every volunteer who still didn't have them.

For a bunch of people who would go to war, most of them were smiling as they tried out the weapons and armor they received. While waving their weapons, some of them were making a not so wholesome smile on their faces, as if they were actually waiting for this very moment to come.

At least, they're not hesitant about joining a war against an entire kingdom led by a former candidate for a hero, so it's a good thing... I think?

I walked towards the crowd.

"Oy, oy! Don't just wave it like that, wave it to the enemies, not to us!" Leo screamed.

The massive minotaur he's talking to laughed while raising his equally massive war hammer. "I can't wait to smash the fools who dared to fight us with this hammer, this thing will be filled with blood."

Oy! We are going to war, not a slaughterhouse!

"They will cry for your mercy the moment they see you smashing everyone with that weapon." The demon with blue hair said to the minotaur while laughing.

I narrowed my eyes.

That's a good motivation too, but a little bit questionable.

"How is the preparation?"

"Oy, Boss!" Leo faced me and put his heavy arms over my shoulder. "Everything is going smoothly, although we're currently running out of armors due to the number of volunteers, but worry not, more supplies of armors will come after the blacksmiths are done making them."

I nodded. "That's great. However, don't the volunteers have armors of their own from the last war? Not that I don't like to give them new ones, I'm just curious, what happened to their spares?"

Leo raised his hand with his fingers gesturing a money sign. "They sold them. After all, those armors were high-quality armors. They could be sold at a high price."

"Ah, that makes a lot of sense."

Leo shifted his gaze to the 2 people beside me. "Oh, Leal." His eyes shifted down to Misha and a smirk emerged on his face. "Oy, you should know that this place is not appropriate for kids." He stared back at me. "And here I thought the old hag got shrunk and now follows you everywhere."

Misha's eyes instantly narrowed as she glared at Leo who just laughed at her response.

"You should know by now that Misha doesn't like it when people call her that." I shook my head as I walked towards the pile of weapons lying on the wooden square flooring scattered around. The people around were choosing their weapons but I could see their eyes glimpsing at me.

As I observed the quality of the armors and currently being distributed to the volunteers, I could say that they had good qualities. Thanks to the people who volunteered to show me the qualities of the armors by letting themselves get stabbed or getting smashed by a huge war hammer, and to my surprise, even with those attacks coming from the muscular attackers, the armors only received minimal damage and caused only impact damage to the wearer.

However, their process of showing it to me was a little bit brutal, I literally saw people flying around with just one swing of massive weapons. So I would rather not see it again.

After some talk and cheesy speech to the volunteers, I decided to go to the blacksmiths next to check out the production of new armors and weapons. I left Leo behind to manage the ongoing distribution, on the other hand, Leal went back to his mansion to help his new members with their celebration.

I raised one of the newly created swords inside the workshop and checked its quality. While Misha was just silently observing me with subtle confusion in her eyes, apparently she's just too nice to not dig about the shit I was doing.

Do I have a keen eye for swords? Of course not! I don't know shit about sword qualities, I just want to check their cool designs. 

I examined the blue handle of the sword and then its white shiny sharp double edge blade.

"By just looking at you, I can pretty much tell that you don't really know what you are trying to evaluate in it." I veered my gaze and found Tanya leaning against the cemented white wall of the workshop with her usual smug while staring at me. "I didn't know that you have an interest in swords. You should have told me so we can arrange to make you a custom-made one." 

"Not really. I was just trying to examine it."

She walked toward me. "What have you found so far then?"

I cleared my throat. "I am pretty sure this thing can cut hard things."

So as every sword in existence! Who am I kidding?

She crossed her arms. "Let me guess, Karoon has shown you her advanced class skill, hasn't she?"

I scratched my head. "You can easily tell, huh?"

She narrowed her eyes on me. "We have been living together for years now, of course, I can tell... and also, I have noticed that recently, you are strangely barging into every workshop and touching everything. The workers actually thought you were fond of weapons and armors, it inspired them to come up with great designs for the weapons." She shook her head. "Little did they know."

I chuckled. "Yeah, that's probably why you notice."

Tanya walked toward Misha and bent her knees in front of her. "Hey, little one. Have you not tired of following Casimir around?"

Misha shook her head. "I am fine."

Tanya stood up and faced me. "Have you eaten lunch yet? I am a little bit tired of overseeing here. How about we go somewhere and eat something?"

"Then, let's go to our favorite restaurant. Right, Misha?"

"Sure," Misha replied.

"They have the best beef stew there."

Tanya nodded and walked towards the exit of the workshop. "Let's go there then, but first, let's pick Karoon up, I don't want her crying at me once she knew that we left her out."

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

31