Chapter 87: Decided
796 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Ehh! Tan-tan is coming with us again?" 

Karoon hugged Tanya. She just arrived at the carriage and was probably surprised to see Tanya coming out from the Spriggan faction again.

"Mister Casimir, what did you do to make her want to leave our faction?"

I shrugged. "Beats me."

"I just decided to go for a change. Besides, I need to do something before Casimir ends up touching everything in the workshop." She said while narrowing her eyes on Karoon.

Karoon just chuckled as she scratched the back of her head. "About that." She suddenly raised her index finger. "Ah, so, where do you want to go? I know good street food around here!"

"No." Tanya immediately answered.

"Why?"

"We have decided where to go," I answered.

Karoon repeatedly nodded. "I see, I see. Let's go there then."

After a few minutes, we arrived at the restaurant where I was always eating. As we opened the door, the waitresses immediately ran towards us to greet us.

"Welcome!" Said the blonde cat girl while holding a tray in her hand.

The place was currently crowded and all of the eyes instantly shifted on us as if we were some kind of celebrity.

"Yo." I waved my hand. "4 of us will eat here. Do you have enough tables for us?"

"Of course, we have, Lord Casimir. Follow me." But before proceeding, she turned her gaze towards Tanya who was standing beside me. "Greetings, Lady Tanya."

Tanya nodded at her and watched her as she guided us towards our seat. Our seat was located next to the window. The waitress gave us the menu and took our orders.

Misha was sitting beside me, on my other side was Tanya and Karoon.

"Of all the establishments I built inside the territory of the Fang and Marionette factions before, this is the only one that somehow managed to survive."

"Yeah, I heard about it."

It's a good thing that this is Mehrad's favorite restaurant. Or else, this restaurant would probably no longer exist by now.

After a few minutes, the waitresses arrived with our food and served it to us with smiles on their faces.

"This is your favorite beef stew, Lord Casimir."

I smiled. "Thanks."

"So, you like beef stew, huh?"

"You don't know, Tan-tan? Every time we eat here, that's the very first thing he's looking for. I am pretty sure by now that the only liquid circulating in his veins is beef stew sauce."

"Said the person who strangely still hasn't acquired an extra eye yet after eating wild boar eyes every single day," I said while laughing.

"It's delicious though, right, Tan-tan?"

"Yes, it is." Tanya stared at me. "Let's eat, Casimir."

After eating, we decided to go around the Fang faction and assess the current situation of the preparation for the war. Tanya even checked out the state of the currently halted establishments. The last place that we decided to go was the municipal hall located at the Marionette faction territory, at the very center of the town.

It was already afternoon when we were done touring around and the sun was finally descending.

"Misha, let's go buy something. Big sis Karoon is already hungry." Karoon squatted in front of Misha with a smile on her face.

Misha stared at me before nodding at her.

"Take care," I said.

"Mister Casimir, I will buy you the usual, the same with Tan-tan."

"Please do, thanks, Karoon."

"What's she calling the usual?"

I smiled. "You will know."

Rat in the stick!

I watched the 2 of them slowly disappear before shifting my gaze towards Tanya.

I stood beside her as she stared at the currently in the process of framing municipal hall. Upon scanning the empty infrastructure, she stared at me with her narrowing eyes.

"It's much larger than I expected."

I chuckled. "Karoon was the one who came out of the size of the municipal hall, given that this will be the main facility of the town and it is located at the very center of the town. I completely agree with her decision on this one. I mean, when did Karoon end up wrong when it comes to this kind of thing?" I smirked. "Besides, isn't this cool if visitors saw the massive municipal hall and they will be like... 'Oh, the municipal hall is so huge and glorious, their ruler must be a very cool person' something like that." 

I know, it's a very chunni cringe imagination, but whatever.

However, Tanya responded to me with a smug.

"What?"

"To think that most of the people of this town think you are a very serious person. Little did they know, you still have a childish part hidden inside of you."

"Oy, don't call it childish."

Even my little sister and mom didn't call it that.

She smirked. "What should I call it? I know, for now, let's just call it, the bizarre side of yours."

I nodded. "Fair."

"Of all the people, why am I the only one who you let that side of yours to see? What made you think that it's safe for you to show me that side of yours?"

Maybe because you too are showing your hidden side of you to me that you can't show to other people.

I am just doing the same thing.

I smiled at her. "Just be grateful, lady. Consider it a privilege that you are the one I have chosen to show this hidden side of me."

"Then, I will."

Wow, she didn't even flinch on that corny, cheesy, and cringed speech of mine.

I nodded. "Good."

She shook her head after hearing my response and stared at the municipal hall with a subtle smile on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just thought. There are already a lot of changes happening in this town."

"You haven't seen it all yet. You should see the other parts of the town. Karoon brought me to so many good places and food spots in this place. You should go out of the Spriggan faction often so we can go to those places sometimes. Maybe once this war is over."

"It is decided then."

I shifted my gaze on her and found her staring at me with a gentle smile on her elegant face. 

"Decided what?"

"After this mess, how about you tour me around the town? Let's go to those places and eat those foods that you like."

I nodded. "Sure thing, you will love them."

"I know I will."

For a few seconds, we remained in silence, while looking at each other.

"I see. Let's go with that plan then."

After this stupid war.

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

32