Chapter 88: The Fairy And The Fox
822 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


"Based on the reports of the scouts, we can expect their arrival within 3 days. And as you ordered, all of the marionettes are now stationed at the designated area you appointed them to." Kuro said as she stood up a meter away from me. "All of us are just waiting for your command, Mister Casimir."

3 days, huh? It's a good thing all of the distribution and preparation that we have to do has already been done. All we're just waiting for is their arrival.

I can't still believe that a freaking war is about to come, but here it is, just 3 days away from us.

"Good, good, Bone crusher, now, all you need to do is to observe them and leave the beating on us," Leo said with a huge smirk on his face while leaning his arms on her shoulder that she immediately flicked off her.

Kuro darted her glare at Leo. "Don't address me with such an unpleasant name."

I agree, Bone crusher is never a fitting name for such a beautiful girl like Kuro.

However, Leo just responded to her with a chuckle.

This guy really isn't afraid of anything, doesn't he?

"Just continue observing them and report any changes in their movements. Your corps is the only one I can rely on in this matter, after all, you are the only stealth division I can count on."

Kuro bowed her head and walked away with her glare still on Leo who was smiling at her.

I shifted my gaze towards the forest a distance away from us, we were currently standing right at the arc of the entrance of the town. As of now, the forest surrounding the entire town felt peaceful, especially with the view of the slowly descending sun. Sadly, sooner, it would change.

I felt a heavy arm in my shoulders. "The fun will come, Boss, I know you too can't wait for that time to arrive. The world will see what Agrona has become under your rule."

More like I'm already pissing myself.

"Ah, sure." I walked towards the carriage and Leo followed me.

"I'm surprised, this time you don't have the little version of that old hag following you around."

Oy!

I grabbed the handle of the door of the carriage. "First of all, don't call Misha that, she would definitely hate you. Second, she's here with me."

I opened the carriage, and what greeted us was Misha peacefully sleeping on her seat. As I sat next to her, she immediately opened her sleepy eyes and stared at me.

"Big bro Casimir?"

"We're not home yet, just continue your sleep."

She nodded at me and rested her head on my lap. 

Leo closed the door of the carriage.

"I can't believe you have the guts to call Tanya an old hag. Aren't you afraid of the most terrifying person in this town?"

Leo didn't reply and just tilted his head.

I narrowed my eyes on him. "What?"

"You haven't realized yet?"

"Realized what?"

"Tanya is not the most terrifying person in this town."

"What do you mean?"

Even I no shit scared of her sometimes.

"Tanya is not terrifying, to be exact, she's one of the least intimidating people in this town. What part of her cheeky face made you think she's terrifying?"

"Her magical prowess, no?"

Leo shook his head. "That may be true. However, as you may know, Tanya is the type of person who most of the time would likely prefer the non-violent way of solving any problems. She just has a ridiculously massive ego for her size and a bad mouth, but she's very amicable... but Mehrad on the other hand."

"Mehrad? Are you implying that Mehrad is terrifying? What part of him?"

I can always see him as the most gentle person around.

With his widened eyes and wide opened mouth, Leo looked at me with great horror on his face. As if I said something terrifyingly surprising.

"Oy, don't look at me like that."

"That man is the very embodiment of hell itself. You don't want to see what kind of face that guy could make when got serious in a fight. That aberration is the last person you want to have a fight with, he will literally kill anyone for the sake of nothing." He slowly shook his head while his eyes were shivering as if he remembered something he shouldn't.

Oy, aren't you just exaggerating it?

I nodded. "I... I see. Haven't you fought him before? If what you are saying is true, how did you manage to win?"

He raised both of his shivering hands and stared at them using his enlarged shivering eyes. "How did I manage to win? The real question is... how did I manage to survive?" He stared at me with great fear in his eyes.

Ah, I should stop asking about this, he's making the same face Leal did a few days ago about the same person on topic.

Even though I can't believe it, hearing 2 people saying the same thing is not something one could overlook.

I cleared my throat. "Speaking of Mehrad, I haven't seen him since recently. Do you have any idea of where he is hanging out these days?"

"He's probably sleeping somewhere in the forest around Agrona. You know that guy, he will escape from any responsibility he has in every opportunity that arises right in front of him." He said with a smirk on his face.

Wow, I am more amazed at how fast Leo's mood can change in a matter of moments.

I stared at the window. "Leal and I already came up with a battle strategy for the incoming war, and I need Mehrad to play an important role for me."

"Don't worry, Boss, I will tell him to meet you tonight."

"Thanks."

***

(Third Person)

Inside Tanya's mansion, at one of the terraces of the second floor. Tanya was staring at the scenery of the town while feeling the gentle breeze swaying her almost transparent long silver hair.

"What may be the reason that you called me here?"

As she heard the familiar voice, she veered her gaze towards Mehrad who was currently standing a meter away from her. He scratched the back of his head while staring at Tanya with his sleepy eyes.

Tanya nodded. "Did I wake you up?"

"Gareth did a great job searching for me. I was hiding in the forest but he still managed to find me. You should give him a raise."

"I will take that into consideration."

Mehrad stood beside her and leaned to the white barricade of the terrace. For a few seconds, he remained silent while gazing at the scenery. Then, stared at Tanya. "So, what do you want to talk about, Tanya?"

"I need you to do me a favor."

Mehrad tilted his head with a puzzling smile on his face. "How much will you pay me?"

Tanya crossed her arms and a proud smile emerged on her face. "Magerna must be really delighted of you. You 2 are spouting the same words."

"You know I'm just joking." 

"The last time you joked like that, someone had to work himself to death just to pay you up just because he thought you were serious about your ridiculous price just to train them."

"Which turned out great, right?"

"Luckily enough."

Mehrad chuckled for a few seconds, then looked back at the town with a gentle smile on his face. "I wonder where she is right now?"

Tanya paused for a second. "She's probably somewhere annoying someone to death. You know, the very thing she's really good at."

Mehrad nodded in agreement. "You are right, she definitely is." He stood up and faced Tanya. "So, what favor do you want me to do?"

Tanya looked up at Mehrad. "It's about Casimir."

"I see. Let me hear it then."

 Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

32