Chapter 89: Commencement
766 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


As the night arrived right at the boundary of the territory of the town of Agrona. Concealed under the tall trees of the forest, was a huge army consisting of 6000 personnel. Camps were scattered throughout the wide area they were occupying to take their final rest before the war next morning would take place.

In the middle of the huge army, landed on the ground was the 20 black Zeppelin, completely guarded by the entire army. Next to the place where the Zeppelins were placed was a shack made of wood and brown tough fabric.

Inside the shack was a lamp as the source of light over the wooden table in the middle of the room. Next to the lamp was the map of the vicinity of the town of Agrona.

After staring at the map for a few seconds, Commander Einar raised his head and looked up at the 2 people with him. Just like him, they were wearing white full body armor except for their head.

"I am counting on you 2 to fulfill your task. The succession of your undertaking will make a great difference in this battle."

The knight with the black long hair and a scar on his right cheek nodded in him with a smile on his face. "Consider it done, Commander. However, are you certain that we are allowed to kill everyone once we manage to get there?"

Commander Einar nodded. "Your troop's objective is to distract their formation to split their forces... and I mean it no matter what, Captain Teivel."

A sadistic smile emerged on Captain Teivel's face. "Does that mean, once we managed to sneak inside the town, we are free to kill everyone even non-combatant women and children?"

"You are showing your true color to the Commander, Teivel." The one with blonde hair and a stoic expression on his face said, but he's showing no opposition to what was just said.

"It is alright, Captain Brennan. That is also why I personally chose him for this mission." Commander Einar exhaled. "I am fully aware that it is indeed an underhanded tactic, however, this is the best way to distort their formation and finally lure the 2 of them out."

Captain Teivel shrugged. "It doesn't matter anyway, Commander. All of them will die anyway once the Zeppelin bombardment force goes through that town. It's just, some of them will go first through my hand." A sadistic chuckle resonated throughout the room. "It's been a while since the last time I heard the music of demi-humans begging for their worthless lives. As much as I want to see how that beautiful fairy falls, I will gladly settle with this. Just imagining their cries while I slowly slice them really thrills me. I can't wait any longer!"

"I can't believe we have this monster in the hero's legion. But I would say, people like him will make some of the hardest jobs much easier. Especially, when the mission is heavily involving morality." Captain Brennan commented.

For a few seconds, Commander Einar stared at the 2 of them and nodded while expressing a convinced smile on his face. "Take your rest, we have a war that we are going to win tomorrow." 

"I understand, Commander." The 2 Captains bowed their heads on him.

Commander Einar came out and gazed upon the entire army around him.

"Commander." One of the knights wearing full body armor ran towards him and bowed his head.

"Captain Jack, how's their movement?"

Captain Jack removed his helmet, revealing his shiny head. "Unlike when we arrived here that they were everywhere, we could no longer find them now. I think they finally decided to take their retreat."

"I see." Commander Einar furrowed his eyebrows. "However, what made them think that it was a good idea to intentionally show themselves while scouting us, were they trying to intimidate us?"

Captain Jack smiled. "Maybe they are just really bad at scouting... besides, there is nothing that seems intimidating about them." Captain Jack scratched the back of his bald head. "They were wearing maid outfits, to say the least."

"Bad at scouting? I don't think so. They are the members of the infamous Marionette corps, that organization is widely known as one of the best infiltration groups around, they will not do such foolish mistakes as accidentally showing themselves while scouting. Perhaps, that was their way of giving a warning." Commander Einar smiled. "That's how confident the people of that town are of their own capabilities."

Captain Jack nodded. "Having the fairy to protect them all these years really made them think that they are more powerful than they really are."

Commander Einar walked towards the gathering of the knights currently preparing for a huge battle. "Then, let's crush the source of that confidence right in front of their eyes and watch them tremble in fear as they realize what kind of powerful force came to eradicate them."

Captain Jack bowed his head on him. "Yes, Commander!"

***

(Casimir Kismet)

As the sun slowly rose and the new morning arrived at the town of Agrona. Countless brave warriors of Agrona gathered right in front of the currently under construction municipal hall at the very center of the town.

Wearing their armors and weapons, prepared for what's about to confront us outside the town.

Am I afraid for my life? Fuck I am very afraid! But this is the only choice I have. Besides, I have things that I want to protect besides my pathetic self, and it is more than enough reason for me to toughen my ass.

I patted Misha's head and squatted in front of her. "Take care." I smiled.

However, all I could see was her hands covering her face while sobbing.

I chuckled. "Don't worry about me, I am strong, don't you have any confidence in me? Misha?"

Rather than answering me, she wrapped her arms on my nape and pushed her wet in tears face on my neck.

I hugged her back with my one hand and patted her head on another one. "How about this. Once this stupid war is done, how about you cook for me? I want to taste your cooking."

For a few seconds, she didn't move. As she finally released me, she faced me and looked at me with her beautiful pair of blue eyes. "I will wait for you here."

Adorable Misha.

I patted her head. "Of course, you will."

I stood up and faced Karoon, next to her were Mister Rudwick and Emily.

"Take care of her for me, Karoon."

Karoon responded to me with a big smile. "I will, Mister Casimir."

"I still clearly remember the first time meeting you, and now, you are now the ruler of this town, fighting in the front line for us who can't fight." Mister Rudwick commented while looking at me with a gentle smile on his face. "Take care, Mister... no... Lord Casimir."

I nodded and turned my back on them. As I walked, I rotated the steel vambraces covering my entire forearms.

My entire outfit was based on the demon lord cosplay outfit I was wearing when I arrived here, but with stronger components and materials used. Black long sleeves, slacks, and black combat shoes. With high-quality metal vambrace and greaves, which were designed for real battles.

"Are you done saying your cutesy temporary goodbye to your daughter?" Leal asked with a teasing smile on his face.

Next to him was Leo who was looking at me with a smirk on his face. A meter away from them was Tanya and Mehrad silently staring at me with a subtle smile on their faces.

"Yeah, I'm done. Anyway, is everyone in the Marionette corps already in their position?"

"They are already in their position as you instructed."

I nodded. "Good." I walked past them and stared at the huge army of demi-humans and humans gathered in front of me. I cracked my neck. "Then, let's go to war."

The overwhelming roar of the people resonated throughout the area as the indication of the brutal war that was about to begin. 

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

31