Chapter 90: Initiation
751 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Third Person)

As the sun shone throughout the forest surrounding the town of Agrona. The march of an enormous army started towards the town. Led by Commander Einar, the legion was moving in a swift but attentive manner.

In a matter of minutes, they easily surrounded the huge area of the forest towards the main entrance of the town.

"Keep in mind that our main priority is to track down the Shadow fairy and the Infernal destroyer. Once you do, don't just engage in battle with any of them, wait for me to lead the fight. But don't hesitate to charge at anyone but the two of them. Furthermore, All the Captains, I am counting on all of you to report everything to me."

[Commander, it's Captain Amira of our main front. There is still no sign of them.]

"Just continue your troop's movement, sooner or later, they will decide to finally come out. Don't ever let your guard down."

[I understand.]

[Commander, Should we start moving now?] It was Captain Teivel.

Commander Einar nodded. "Captain Teivel and Captain Brennan, proceed to your mission now."

[Yes, Commander.]

[That's what I'm waiting for!]

"Keep in mind that your mission is to get as much attention as possible, the more distorted their formation is, the better."

[Consider it done, Commander.] Then a sadistic laugh resounded in his head.

Commander Einar smiled. "I don't care what plan you have, Latora. But no matter what you do, you will end up dancing right into my palm. This is a perfect strategy, it's a win for me. Let's see what will you do if everything around you is falling apart."

***

Near the southeast part of the town of Agrona, where could be found access to the Spriggan and Marionette factions through the forest. Far from the main force, two smaller troops than the main force were traveling at great speed. One towards the Spriggan faction and the other one towards the Marionette faction.

Each troop consisted of around 300 personnel burdened with one crucial task to assure the victory of the kingdom of Milana against the town of Agrona. Led by the 2 of the most powerful Captains of the kingdom. Each boasted great capabilities that incited praises from the people of Milana, and even the current Commander himself.

"Black Viper, Teivel reporting. I can see the Spriggan faction from here, but there's not even a single sign of life in here. I hope they didn't just run after realizing that they couldn't defeat us." Teivel laughed while attentively looking around the forest around them.

[Maybe all of their personnel are in the main force and waiting for us at the entrance of the town.]

Teivel chuckled. "I see. They didn't expect you to break the universal law of war, you really are an awful person, Commander."

[Everything is fair in war, furthermore, as far as I remember, that rule is only applicable to us humans, it's never meant to protect demi-humans. Regardless, you should start working now, Captain Teivel. Captain Brennan is already on his way to the Marionette faction.]

"I understand, Commander." Captain Teivel raised his hand. "Let's go, the people in that faction are now waiting for us to play with them. It would be rude to make them wait for too long, no?"

"Yes, Captain!"

The entire troop moved faster than before, towards the direction of the Spriggan faction.

Teivel put his metal helmet on, concealing the ominous grin on his face. "I can't wait to play with them."

***

With great synchronization and speed, the massive army was scattering through the vicinity of the forest.

5 thousand warriors were dispersed in every corner of the area. 

Each one cautiously checked every tree enclosing the area while raising their weapons, prepared for any incoming battle.

However, far from the legion's sights, where entities were concealing themselves by releasing no mana manifestation while observing the army, over the thick trees. Completely hidden from the awareness of the marching army beneath.

Kuro rotated her metal gauntlet while staring beneath where the enemies were gathered.

"You know what to do, Japheth. Do not fail him." Kuro shifted her gaze to Japheth squatting beside her.

With the utmost resolve in his face, Japheth stood up and raised the scimitars on both of his hands. "Just like what Boss said... let's give these visitors a warm welcome."

As the strong wind blew to the tree, a flock of mercenaries was revealed standing above them and in an instant moved out with great speed without making any sound. Such stealthiness that not even Mana perception could track.

Towards their unaware prey.

***

As the main force slowly reached the boundary of the forest and the entrance of the town of Agrona.

Commander Einar stopped with subtle concern on his face. "Any movement from them?"

Beside him were countless knights and mages checking every direction.

[This is Captain Gellon, at the front of the formation. There is no sign of them.]

"Are they really going to bring the battle inside the town? We all know that it would be greatly disadvantageous for them." His eyebrows furrowed. "Something isn't right."

[Commander, this is Captain Jack from the Southwest edge of the formation we are currently und- ugh!]

Commander Einar's eyes immediately widened. "Captain Jack?"

But he received no answer.

"Captain Jack?"

[Commander! I am one of Captain Jack's troop members! We are currently under attack! We need assistance! We are being overwhelmed!] Great panic could be heard from the voice.

"Assistance will come immediately. Who are you fighting with?"

[I... I don't know... we can't see them...ah!]

Commander Einar clicked his tongue. "They finally decided to make a move."

[Commander, We have a situation here.] As the voice of Captain Brennan resonated in Commander Einar's head.

What came next was a huge explosion from the direction of the forest at the path towards the Marionette faction. The explosion was far from their location but the massive image of fire engulfing that part of the forest was completely visible.

Commander Einar stared at it with great surprise in his eyes. "Don't tell me."

***

As the explosion nearby continued, the members of Captain Teivel's squad briefly stopped as they stared at the huge fire engulfing the forest next to the Marionette faction.

"Besides the Shadow fairy, there's only one in their ranks that can generate such devastating Fire magic." Captain Teivel stopped walking. "I am confident that Captain Brennan can handle him for a while. After all, it's our mission to separate the 2 of them, they have just made our job much easier. If he is here, it only means the Fairy will fight alone in the front line. It will be great for us." He raised his hand. "As much as it pains me to say this, but we have a change of plan, we're going to help Captain Brennan, our main objective is already there fighting him without us luring him out."

However, the knights that were with him were frozen in their position while looking in front of them. Their eyes were enlarged while their shivering mouth was widely opened.

Captain Teivel walked towards them. "What's the prob- wha..." He immediately shivered the moment he saw the person standing a few meters in front of them. "Wh- what are you doing here?"

Tanya crossed her arms while her face was not showing any emotion while staring at the army in front of her. "I should be the one asking that question. Where are you planning to go? What are you planning to do?" A proud smile emerged on her face, but her eyes were expressing a completely different emotion. Great anger. "Disdainful scum really are predictable, aren't they?"

While chasing their breaths, the knights slowly walked back while raising their trembling swords.

"Why is the Shadow fairy here!"

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

31