Chapter 91: Forces
809 2 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


At forest next to the boundary of the Marionette faction. Where 300 personnel from the kingdom of Milana were. Against a single enemy.

The once united unit was scattered in every direction running with great fear in their faces. The cries of agony could be heard resonating throughout the area.

Anyone caught by the burning fire engulfing the place would instantly burn into ashes, with such fire so hot, even armors would quickly melt, leaving nothing behind.

At the same time, countless meteor-like fireballs were flying through the sky and bombarding everyone who was trying to escape. A complete obliteration. A massacre.

"Mages! Use your Water magic to clear the fire on our path!" One of the knights who was the leader of the group shouted while running from the massive fire tornado slowly approaching them.

Immediately, all of the mages who heard the order cast their Water magic and poured water into the direction where they were trying to go and extinguished the hell-like fire field all over them.

"Good! Now let's go back to Cap-"

"Ahhh!"

As the knights turned their heads to the location of the mages, the only thing they found was a pool of fire, and not even a trace of mages used to be standing in the same exact spot.

"The fire tornado! It's coming near us!"

However, what put them in despair was the massive fireball traveling towards them.

With his widened eyes, the leader of the group stared at the fireball. "And they said that we can hold this monster down?"

The fireball landed on them and instantly burned them to ashes, even their armors and weapons were completely melted.

The moment that it was confirmed that no one in that direction was still alive, the massive fire tornado burning everything in its path changed its direction towards the larger group nearby.

***

"Captain! Two fireballs are coming towards us!"

"Fret not!" Captain Brennan waved his sword towards the direction of the fireball and a massive sharp water blade surged towards the meteor-like fireball, completely destroying it. As the massive fireball exploded, a rain-like barrage of water extinguished the fire all around them.

As the other fireball approached them. Captain Brennan raised his sword in the direction of the incoming fireball. "Destroy it, Elemental hydra!"

In an instant, 5 serpents that had water as body and red eyes emerged from his back and assaulted the incoming fireball. Destroying it in an instant.

The attack put the people around him in great awe, looking at him with great admiration.

Captain Brennan raised his sword. "Our advantage is we can clearly see his current location! Don't stop attacking him!" Captain Brennan commanded while looking at the massive fire tornado on its way to their location.

All at once all the mages wearing blue robes cast their skills and bombarded the massive tornado from afar with their elemental magic. Hurling boulders flew out of the sky and assaulted the relentless fire tornado.

"I didn't expect him to burn everything down including the forest without any hesitation. He's more brutal than I thought." Captain Brennan walked towards the location of the massive tornado while raising his sword. "It doesn't matter, all I need to do is to hold him up for a while until Teivel arrives."

"Captain!" One of the knights shouted while his entire body was covered with fire. After a few moments, he fell to the ground, leaving only a coal-like corpse.

From the massive tornado in front of him, 4 meteor-like fireballs flew to the sky in 4 different directions and landed on the other group scattered around, one landed behind Brennan where the mages bombarding the fire tornado was located. As Captain Brennan turned back, the group of mages were no longer to be found, all he could see was a pool of fire engulfing everything.

"300 personnel, you overwhelmed us all like nothing. You really are a monster like they said."

In an instant, all the fire throughout the area suddenly disappeared. Leaving only the damage the fire attacks made. Through the burned surroundings and smokes appearing all around the area were the weak groans of the injured knights that somehow managed to survive.

"Mages are irritating to deal with, so I eliminated them first." His long red hair flew as the wind passed through the empty forest. He was expressing a gentle smile, but the atmosphere around him was indicating the opposite. He stopped right at the corpse of the burned knight and crushed its head using his black combat shoes. "I assume you are the Captain of this troop."

Captain Brennan nodded. "Yes, the name is Brennan, Elemental knight Brennan. And you are the infamous Fire fox, Mehrad Idalia. Or should I call you in your other name?" He raised his sword. "Magerna's faithful champion. Nine, the Infernal destroyer."

After a few seconds of silence, half of Mehrad's lips rose. "It's for you to decide. After all, I don't mind being addressed by either of them."

***

At the forest at the path towards the Spriggan faction. Screams were echoing in every direction.

"Help me!" One of the knights shouted as he was suddenly pulled by a giant vine grabbing his foot that came from the ground. 

Even in the midst of great shock and fear, the other knights tried to help him, but immediately halted once they heard his unnerving scream while the vine wrapped in him released a powerful electrical current that instantly put him in his demise.

With their eyes full of despair, the other knights slowly walked back while looking at each other. "We- we are going to die!"

Before they realized it, a huge hole emerged right beneath them and the moment they fell, the hole instantly closed, crushing them inside.

***

On the other hand, Captain Teivel was with the mages and healers fighting the continuous wave of vines with the other knights.

"Protect the healers and mages! If we lose them, it will put us at a great disadvantage!" He waved his sword to destroy the incoming vines.

"Yes, Captain!"

However, great disbelief was expressed on his face, when the sky turned dark and the moment he shifted his gaze up, what greeted him was a massive cloud.

Captain Teivel shook his head. "Oh, well. How unfortunate."

A devastating thunder strike struck their entire formation and instantly obliterated anyone caught in it. Leaving only the burned to crisp corpses of the unfortunate enough to get hit.

From the line of the thick forest, Tanya came out and gazed at the corpses lying on the ground. Then, stared in the far direction at the other part of the forest.

"He is much faster than I expected." Tanya walked in the direction she was staring at. "But you can't escape."

***

Leaning on one of the trees while chasing his breath.

"Damn it!" Captain Teivel removed all of his armor and put his sword on his dimensional storage and grabbed 2 blades. "That arrogant fairy! I am going to get serious now. I will brush that proud smile out of her lovely face."

[Captain Teivel, Report! We are currently dealing with the Marionette corps at this moment, what is your status? Is it true that you are currently fighting the Shadow fairy?]

"Yes, Commander. The Shadow fairy is wiping out my entire troop." He waved his 2 swords and gazed back.

[This can't be.]

A sadistic smile emerged on his face seeing the person slowly walking in his direction. "But don't worry, I will deal with her myself. Let's see if she can keep up with my speed."

[That doesn't make any sense!]

Captain Teivel furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean, Commander?"

[If both the Shadow fairy and the Infernal destroyer are fighting against your troop and Brennan's... then... who is leading their main force?]

***

At the edge of the forest in front of the main entrance of the town of Agrona. More than a thousand warriors consisting of different types of demi-humans and humans were gathered at the edge of the forest. Holding their weapons with extreme eagerness in their eyes while looking in the direction of the forest.

Right in front of the army were 3 people. Standing in the middle was Casimir Kismet, the current ruler of the town of Agrona. Staring at the forest with utmost resolve in his red eyes while expressing a puzzling smile on his face.

Standing beside him was Leo, the Invincible currently cracking his fingers while expressing a menacing grin, and Leal, the Puppet master on the other side showing a stoic expression.

Casimir walked forward while cracking his neck. "Let's join the party."

The beginning of the war was signaled and all at once, all the warriors of the town of Agrona finally rushed into the battlefield.

The skirmish will begin.

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

31