Chapter 96: Infernal Destroyer
812 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Inside the huge open field near the edge of the Marionette faction territory. It used to be a part of the thick forest, but now completely burned down and left with no trace of what forest it was.

All of the injured knights throughout the place had their focus on the brutal battle currently occurring in front of them.

The roar of 7 monsters resonated throughout the area as their heads rushed towards the enemy. Each of the heads had different elements as their body, one had a body made of ice, one had fire and others had stone, water, vines, an almost translucent wind, and electric serpent-like dragon-shaped entities. All of the heads were connected to the back of the caster which was Captain Brennan.

"Elemental Hydra, turn rampant!"

As Captain Brennan ordered, the elemental serpent-like monsters blasted elemental attacks from their mouths toward their target. A bombardment of devastating elemental magic.

However, the devastating attack was easily nullified by a far more devastating fire tornado that protected his target and effortlessly melted everything he tried to throw.

As the fire tornado covering him disappeared, Mehrad emerged while expressing a gentle smile on his face. "That's an amazing summoning type advanced class skill. A skill that allows you to summon entities based on the elemental skills you have." He stopped. "Now I know why you are the 3rd most powerful Captain of Hive mind legion. So powerful that the 4th one couldn't even dream of getting compared to you."

Captain Brennan raised his sword. "To receive such praise coming from a prominent warrior pleases me. Too bad, we are fighting for different sides in this war."

All at once, the 7 heads rushed towards Mehrad, however, one after another, each of the heads disintegrated as Mehrad punched them with his flaming fist while skillfully dodging the other heads.

"I can't afford to lose," Captain Brennan said as he rushed towards Mehrad's direction. "I already know what you are capable of and I am certain I can defeat you!"

As Mehrad destroyed the heads continuously attacking him, the destroyed head just regenerated in a matter of seconds and continued their assault.

"Bothersome." In an instant, the entire area around Mehrad turned into a fire field, a massive fire tornado formed and burned all the heads at once.

"Nine!" Captain Brennan jumped towards Mehrad with his sword above his head and sliced in his direction at full force.

Mehrad slightly shifted his body to dodge the attack, but what came next was the barrage of elemental attacks coming from the heads firing their last before they completely melted.

Captain Brennan's armor started to melt as he stayed long inside the fire tornado, but as he waved his sword once more, he was expressing a huge smile.

Mehrad dodged the incoming melting sword by jumping back. "I see. That's why they chose you to specifically fight me."

However, Captain Brennan didn't answer and just responded by aiming his combined hands at Mehrad. "14 heads... Thunder cannon."

Without a delay, a blast of thunder struck out of Captain Brennan's hands and surged towards Mehrad while at the same time, 14 serpent heads with electrical bodies followed up.

The roaring thunder strike echoed throughout the area as its blinding light dispersed in the field. Leaving the spectators in great awe.

Captain Brennan stood properly, the armor he was wearing was almost melted and his sword was nowhere to find. "I can't believe it, to think that this armor was built to withstand great heat and you just melted in like nothing. It goes without saying that whoever is caught inside that fire shelter of yours will instantly melt." As Captain Brennan raised his hands, an electrical current emerged from his hand. "And to your question... you are right, I was appointed to defeat you, Infernal destroyer." He chuckled. "Nine... what does it feel like to finally face your very weakness? Commander Einar is a genius, he saw it coming and here you are... defeating a well-known warrior, It would bring me great honor once I got home!"

As the smoke of the thunder explosion slowly disappeared, an image came out, with his torn black long sleeves, exposing the left side of his chest. "Fire resistance, huh? I can't believe how a single resistance skill could change the tide of a battle." Mehrad's gentle smile was nowhere to be found. What could be seen was a menacing smirk indicating a disaster that was about to come. "You have ruined my clothes. Do you know how much it costs? I don't think that tailor would give me another discount anymore if she knew what happened to the clothes she made for me."

"Don't fret, Nine. You don't have to worry about it. You will never meet her again anyway!"

Suddenly, an overwhelming combination of elemental magics was used at once. The entire field was instantly covered in ice and the ground shuddered as countless stone spikes and vines emerged from the ground and rushed towards Mehrad who was just standing on his spot.

With a confident smile on his face, Captain Brennan aimed his hands at Mehrad who was still unmoved. "Oh my, was my last attack inflicted more damage to you than I thought? Then, it's good for me! 21 heads... Thunder cannon!" As he screamed. 21 serpent heads came out from his back and rushed to the location of his target. "Die for my glory, Nine!"

Blood poured to the ground and the confident laughter instantly stopped as Captain Brennan gazed where his arms were used to be attached. There were no longer arms attached to both of his shoulders. "Huh?" As he turned his gaze in front of him, what he found was a pair of terrifying red eyes directly staring at him with great hatred. "Ha? What... just happe-"

Before he could say another word, his head crashed to the ground and was immediately bombarded with powerful punches that crumbled the ground around it. His head instantly turned minced, but the brutal attacker didn't stop and continued his relentless vicious punches as if his victim could still feel the pain of his assaults until nothing was left behind from Captain Brennan's head. The violent punches continued for a few seconds even after Captain Brennan was confirmed dead. 

As the attacker finally stopped, a huge hole was formed at the spot of the assault due to how overwhelming the attacks were.

All the witnesses were left with great horrors on their faces as they stared at the aftermath of the butchery that happened right in front of their eyes. Their eyes were filled with fear but none of them could even move due to the injuries they took. All of them had their feet and hands burned to prevent them from running or even crawling.

After a few seconds of silence while staring at the headless corpse in front of him. Mehrad raised his head and revealed a gentle smile while staring at the despaired injured knights. "Forgive me, I just got carried away for a second there." He walked towards the nearest injured knights. "And now, pardon me for making all of you wait for too long. To make it up with you, I will make it quick and as painlessly as possible."

All the knights could do was stare at him with agony in their eyes.

But Mehrad responded to them with a menacing smile while a surge of hellish fire was starting to materialize around him. "Believe me, I'm not going to enjoy this... just kidding."

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

30