Chapter 100: Duty
765 9 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The trees within a certain area in the forest were disrupted by the powerful swing of a sword.

In one swing of his sword, the trees surrounding Commander Einar were demolished, clearing the area around him. While the receiver of his devastating attack jumped in and aimed a kick toward his face.

However, before Kuro could reach him, the entire area around them was instantly covered in fire, forcing her to jump out.

With a confident smile on his face, Commander Einar threw his eroding sword and pulled another one from his Dimensional storage. He tilted his head sideways as he waved his sword and rushed to Kuro's location.

Once more, Commander Einar jumped on Kuro and chopped his sword. Yet, the sword instantly eroded before it could reach Kuro, giving her a chance to jump in and launch a kick toward his chest.

"Predictable!" Commander Einar shouted as he pulled 2 swords out from his dimensional storage and used them to slash Kuro on her way to him.

Suddenly, the swords brimmed in blinding light transforming Commander Einar's normal swords into a weapon of destructive light.

The sound of the impact of the attack resounded throughout the area. As a massive explosion of magic attack was demonstrated.

Commander Einar threw his 2 eroding swords and stared at Kuro squatting a few meters away from him. Between them was a massive hole in the ground as proof of how powerful the attack was.

"You have my admiration, you are quite skilled. A powerful Captain level I presume. Even my top Captains like Brennan or Teivel would have a hard time dealing with you."

Kuro stood up and threw away her remaining gauntlet. As he stood up, her worn-out maid outfit was revealed. She tried to walk but the injury she received in her foot prevented her.

"I don't think you can still run without the help of your left foot. So let me say this to you before I'll end this." He pulled another sword from his Dimensional storage. "I want to express my apology for what I said earlier, I didn't mean any of it. I know your pain and I am fully aware that it's disrespectful to poke at it. However, it's my only means to contain you in my grasp, I hope you understand." He raised his sword and pointed it to Kuro who was directly looking at him. "With that said, I have no personal reason to kill you. It just happened that we are standing against each other's side. I'm just doing what I must. It is my duty."

Commander Einar's sword started to light up.

Kuro stood up and flicked her shoulder-length black hair and raised her fists.

"We both know how dangerous you can be if my subordinates meet you, so I have no other option but to eliminate a huge threat like you myself." He prepared his brimming sword for another devastating attack. "Light utopia."

All of a sudden, the entire place around them lit up, turning the entire place into a massive field of light that instantly merged with Commander Einar's sword.

Commander Einar waved his sword and a massive sword of light emerged destroying everything in its path. "It's over."

As Commander Einar waved his sword in a circular motion, everything caught up in the attack was instantly obliterated, but his target was not one of them.

Before Commander Einar realized it, Kuro emerged in front of him and launched a punch in his face. That he managed to parry the attack by pulling a sword from his dimensional storage, which instantly eroded.

He waved his massive sword of light in Kuro's direction that she easily dodged by jumping towards Commander Einar, where the brimming sword of light could not reach her and where she's close enough to wither Commander Einar's armor away.

Commander Einar's armor started to collapse. Starting from his sword and gauntlets to his thick chest plate.

A gentle smile emerged on Commander Einar's face. "It seems I gravely underestimated you, Kuro."

But what happened next put Kuro in great shock, when Commander Einar's body started to light up and was covered with blinding light and so did the entire area around them, giving her no place to go.

"Heaven's judgment!"

What came next was a devastating explosion of searing light.

The deafening sound caused by the explosion of light echoed throughout the area, getting the attention of everyone near the location.

As the blinding light subsided. Commander Einar pulled another sword from his Dimensional storage. "Forgive me. I thought it would be more than enough to eliminate you. But it turns out you are tougher than I thought. If I knew it would happen, I would have increased my attack's damage output." He walked forward. "Now, I feel bad that I accidentally caused unnecessary suffering to you. I genuinely feel apologetic about it."

In front of him was Kuro lying on the ground. With her dress already worn out and smoke coming out from her body. She's chasing her own breath while glaring at Commander Einar walking toward her.

Commander Einar stopped right beside her and stared at her with his eyes filled with sympathy. "This time, it will be quick and painless." He raised his sword and aimed it at Kuro's nape. "You will suffer no more. Farewell, Kuro."

He waved his sword aiming at Kuro's nape, while Kuro on the other hand just closed her eyes and waited for her incoming end.

A split second before Commander Einar's sword could reach Kuro. His sword flew into the air due to the stone spike suddenly emerging from the ground.

All Commander Einar could do was stare at the stone spike in confusion. However, his senses returned when a cloud of darkness covered Kuro and the area around her. Commander Einar immediately jumped out before the dark cloud could reach him.

Commander Einar stared at the dark cloud forming in front of him with confusion on his face. "Dark magic? She's already here?" His eyes shivered. "To the units fighting the Shadow fairy rep-"

But he was immediately cut when he felt something cold touching his skin. He caught the white thing falling from the sky and stared at it. "Snow?"

As he looked up, what greeted him was a massive cloud sprinkling snow all over the area. Completely changing the weather around them.

"What is the meaning of this?"

[Commander! This is the troop currently fighting the Shadow fairy! We need immediate assistance! She's wiping us out!]

Upon hearing those words, his eyes instantly enlarged.

"If the Shadow fairy is still there… then... who is this?"

As if the person inside the smoke cloud heard his question and decided to answer him, the thick black cloud slowly faded away, revealing the person standing inside while carrying Kuro in his arms.

His pair of menacing red eyes were directly staring at Commander Einar. Great hatred and killing intent could be seen in them. His face was expressing no emotions in it, but the atmosphere around him was more than enough to tell how destructive this person could be. As he tilted his head sideways, his black crystallized horns became more pronounced, indicating the tribe where he belonged.

"Are you alright, Kuro?" His strict voice sounded as he spoke while staring at Kuro.

"Ye- Yes, Mister Casimir. Thank you for saving me."

On the other hand, Commander Einar walked back while staring at the person in front of him with his enlarged eyes. He shook his head in disbelief.

"It can't be... It can't be true! What is a meruem doing here!"

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

30