Chapter 101: Gratitude
843 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Casimir Kismet)

[Skill [Hive Mind] was acquired.]

[The ability to communicate with the individuals that the user considered as allies. The number of allowed receivers is unconditional as long as they are within the area of the range of the skill.]

This is the skill behind the Hive mind legion. It only means...

"Are you alright, Kuro?" I shifted my gaze towards Kuro who I was currently carrying in my arms.

With her enlarged eyes, she looked at me and nodded. "Ye-yes, Mister Casimir."

She looked flustered. This was the first time I had seen another reaction from her besides her usual strict face. 

Her face was red while her jet-black eyes were shivering and both of her hands were on her chest.

Her maid outfit was already worn out, her white skin was revealed due to the holes on her dress, and the stomach part and skirt of her dress were almost destroyed. 

She got multiple wounds all over her body, especially on her arms and feet, but I don't think any of them were fatal. 

She's quite tough, to say the least, I mean, she literally just fought a freaking Commander 1 on 1 and this is just the injuries she received!

Regardless, the fact that he almost got her is undeniable.

It's a good thing I came at the right time. When I saw the huge explosion earlier, I quickly rushed here because as far as I remember, no one on our side is using that type of magic.

And as expected, that powerful attack came from our enemies' side.

From this man.

"What is a meruem doing here!" He shouted while staring directly at me.

I directed my eyes on him, by just looking at him, I could clearly tell that he was not someone who was just a pushover. The entirety of his body armor was completely broken, but he was unscathed.

So, this is what a Commander looks like. Such an intimidating person.

Something is telling me that if I didn't arrive on time, he would end up killing Kuro.

I can't let it happen because it will cause me a huge problem if he manages to do so. Someone will be really furious at me if I fail to protect her. After all, it's part of our agreement.

"Kuro!"

I exhaled upon hearing the familiar voice.

Speaking of.

I shifted towards the direction where Leal came from, he emerged from the thickness of the forest with an incredible concern written all over his face.

"Master Leal."

I walked toward him while still carrying Kuro. "Leal."

Upon seeing Kuro's state, his concerned eyes turned wider and instantly shrouded in hatred as he glared at the person behind me. "Einar!"

He marched towards Commander Einar while gritting his teeth.

Hey! Hey! Hold your horses, Loverboy!

"Leal, leave this battle to me."

He stopped.

"This battle is mine, Leal. Take Kuro away from here and help the others, they need you there more than I need you here."

I mean, even if I don't want to, I have to. Since this stupid war started, all I did was walk around as if I was in the park while all of them were slaughtering everything like madmen!

They were wiping out everything like panic buyers in the toilet paper aisle!

I haven't fought shit yet! Every time I tried to fight someone, one of them would go and massacre the shit out of the enemies before I even arrived!

If I don't fight this scary Commander in front of me, I will end up being a big display in this war and everyone will talk about how useless I am for not doing shit in the entirety of this war!

His shoulder rose as he exhaled. "I understand." We walked towards me and glared at the person I was carrying. "And you, what dumb idea got into that thick skull of yours that you decided to fight him? You shouldn't do such a foolish thing, Kuro!" He exhaled and looked away. "You... you made me very worried."

Ah...

"Forgive me, Master Leal, for making you worried."

He paused for a second before staring at Kuro with tenderness in his eyes. "Silly, don't do it again."

Hmm... What's that awful smell?

"I won't," Kuro answered.

It smells like fucking third wheel in here!

I cleared my throat. "Would you mind not flirting while I am literally carrying one of you? It's making me want to hate my flavorless life." I activated my healing magic and healed Kuro before putting her down.

Now that I am no longer carrying her, do your things! Go somewhere!

As Kuro stood up, she bowed her head at me. "Forgive me, Mister Casimir, for I made a horrendous mistake. You instructed us to never engage with their Commander, but I still did despite your strict order."

I cracked my fingers as I walked toward Commander Einar. And to my surprise, he was now wearing new full body armor with a helmet and a new sword stabbed to the ground next to him.

Where the fuck did those come from?

"Don't worry about it, Kuro. Just don't do it again. Are we clear?"

"I understand."

I looked back. "Good."

For some reason, she picked a stone lying on the ground and raised it over her palm towards me. "You have my deepest gratitude for saving my life, Mister Casimir." Upon saying those words, the stone over her palm instantly crumbled and turned into ashes.

[Skill [Cursed Touch] was acquired.]

[The ability to instantly erode the target, whether the target is organic or inorganic. The erosion effect can be set to continuously destroy the target or to stop to a certain extent the user desires.]

The fuck? This is a straight-up OP skill! Why all this time I didn't have any idea that she was hiding this disgustingly overpowered skill?

I smiled and nodded. "I see. Thanks, Kuro."

"Casimir."

"What is it, Leal?"

For a second, he remained staring at me and slowly revealed a gentle smile. "Thanks."

I smiled back. "Don't bother about it. Besides, This is what we agreed on, right?"

He slowly nodded. "Yes, it is… it is."

"Now if you may, get Kuro out of here and leave this one to me. I have a Commander I need to beat the shit out of." I turned my back to the 2 of them and faced the enemy in front of me.

He was putting his leg armor as the final piece that he needed to put. Upon seeing me walking toward him, he stood up and grabbed his sword stabbed to the ground, and faced me.

Man, he looks very intimidating! The atmosphere around him is screaming 'I am powerful'!

I smiled to hide the pressure he was causing on me. "So... you are Commander Einar Aegle. The son of the greatest hero of humanity."

"I am honored to hear that you know about me. Though, I can't say the same to you, due to the fact that we all thought that your entire tribe was finally gone. Unfortunately, it turns out it's not entirely true." He raised his sword. "However, It makes a lot of sense now, why neither the Shadow fairy nor the Infernal destroyer is leading the main force. They have such an individual leading them. With that said, before we begin, may I know the name of such an impressive person standing right in front of me?"

I just heard him scream earlier, but he is completely composed now! Talk about a true warrior's resolve.

I stopped and stared at him.

"You may call me Casimir, the current ruler of the town of Agrona. Anyway, I heard you are very strong, that's why I personally came here to meet you. Let's see if it's true." I smirked. "Hero."

A gentle smile emerged on his face. "I can't believe I actually feel delighted after being addressed that way by my own enemy." He walked towards me. "Then, don't blink, you will miss it if you do, Casimir, the ruler of the town Agrona."

Welp, this is it. Fight the fucking Commander they said, this will be fun they said. Good luck to me!

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

28