Chapter 103: Dark Elementalist
828 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Dark Elementalist, huh?

By activating my skill, instantaneously, the entire area around us was engulfed in black flame, burning everything around 50 meters around me, leaving nothing but ashes behind.

"What just happened?" Commander Einar asked with his voice filled with confusion.

With his shivering eyes, he stared at me while raising his sword.

I snapped my fingers and instantly, all of the fire surrounding us disappeared.

"What just happened, you asked? I am just giving you what you are eager to see."

"That fire! That's not a normal fire! That fire was filled with malevolent energy! What did you do?"

I activated my Synthetic blacksmith and all at once, summoned countless weapons all around us aiming at him.

"Of course, it is, Commander." I triggered the weapons floating around us to rush towards him.

Black fire? How about, black thunder strikes?

While he's occupied fighting against the countless weapons surging toward him. I created a thunder cloud above.

Compared to its usual manifestation, the thunder cloud that formed above us was much darker than before.

"Casimir!"

As I shifted my gaze back to Commander Einar, he was already on his way toward me while his entire body was brimming in light.

"Let's see how powerful this skill became." I raised my hand to prepare for the incoming barrage from the sky.

"Light will prevail! Always will!" A blinding light started to come out from his body. "Vile evil will be destroyed! Now! Begone! Heaven's judgment!"

The blinding light encompassed the entire area around us, with such devastating power that could destroy everything within. Even me.

"I hope it's not your most powerful attack, Commander. Because it would be very anticlimactic."

I snapped my fingers and the light all over the place instantly disappeared, leaving only Commander Einar looking at me with disbelief on his face.

"What just..."

"It's just a simple trick, Commander. If you and your opponent have the same elemental magic and your elemental magic capability is superior to your opponent's, you can easily nullify their elemental magic, Tanya taught me this... also." I waved my hand down. "This."

Before he could even react, multiple black vines emerged from the ground and bound his arms while his feet were instantly grabbed by stones emerging from the ground.

I know that these simple restraints can't stop him for long, but these can buy me more than enough time.

The deafening roar of the blinding black thunder strike hit Commander Einar from the sky. Then another one struck again and again. The wave of 3 destructive blows finally ended. Revealing the aftermath of the attacks. While shivering, he stared at me with great resentment in his eyes.

His entire set of armor was completely destroyed while his entire body was releasing a considerable amount of smoke.

Just like I thought, due to my skills' evolution, all my elemental magic now has the traits of my Dark magic. They were devouring everything they had contact with. Just like what happened to Captain Einar's armor.

Commander Einar moved and threw the handle of his sword. He chased his breath while slowly walking toward me.

This guy is tough!

However, a black circle suddenly appeared right next to him, where he just pulled another sword.

[Skill [Dimensional Storage] was acquired]

I see. So that's where his reserves were coming from.

He raised his sword and stared directly at me with great determination on his face. "Should we continue now, Casimir?"

"As you wish."

He smirked and snorted before running toward me. The entire area around us lit up, and instantly, all the lights flew towards Commander Einar's sword and formed a massive sword of light. "Let's see if you can keep up with my all-out attacks!"

In an instant, due to his speed, he instantly disappeared and emerged right in front of me, waving his gigantic sword of light aiming at my neck.

But in one snap of fingers, the entirety of the light sword faded away, leaving only his sword rushing to me.

"It's over, Commander." Using my right hand, I grabbed his face and smashed it to the ground.

Thanks to the enhancement I got from the Warrior's rage, I am certain that it's more than enough to take him down.

He remained unmoved for a few seconds, upon hearing him groan, I walked back and stared at him.

Did I just defeat a Commander? I know that I am abnormal, but I didn't expect myself to be this strong. The person who is lying on the ground right now is freaking one of the most powerful if not the most powerful in their kingdom! Without mentioning he's a former candidate for a hero!

"Why? Why can't I defeat you?"

He stood up by using his sword currently stabbed to the ground as his support.

"This war, what would you get for winning this war?" I asked.

For a few seconds, he paused. "A better world, a peaceful one without flaws... and most of all... for the honor." He stood up properly and rubbed his dirty mouth. "The supreme being and the head of the Gods of Ulterra, the almighty Horus, along with the 6 Goddesses forged this world for us humans, but you Demi-humans keep on taking what is always meant for us. Demi-humans are blemishes in this world and we need to eliminate you all to attain the perfect world for all humanity to live in. And as the light of humanity, I must bring that purpose into realization."

Woah! Hold your horses, Buddy!

Dude, that just sounds like straight-up genocide! You're just making it sound like you are doing the right thing and you yourself genuinely believe that it's the right thing to do! Which in my opinion is not!

And another thing. Believe me, a world with just humans in it is not as fun as you think.

I nodded. "I see."

He looked at me with confusion. "You see? You won't say anything against that belief? I am aiming to destroy you all!"

"To be honest, I'm just curious why, but as of now, even though your reason is quite questionable, to say the least. It doesn't matter anymore. You have already lost a huge chunk of your entire legion without attaining anything. I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to war. But I think it is a smart move to order your entire army to take their retreat before all of them perish for nothing."

But the answer I received was a loud chuckle. "I can't believe I am hearing such words from a person like you, aren't your tribe known for their thirst for destruction and death? And now you are trying to negotiate with me to end this war?"

"Yes."

"Worry not, Casimir. Because we will not die for nothing. All of us will die for our honor. The entire world will remember us for our heroic battle against the spawns of evil." The desperate smile he was hiding all this time finally surfaced on his face. With his shivering voice and eyes, he spoke. "Unleash the Zeppelin bombardment force... I don't care! Release them now! It's an order!"

I exhaled as I looked at him while he was staring at me with a smile full of desperation.

"Casimir, the ruler of the lawless town of Agrona. Do you know where the Sky devourers are based from?" He asked as he stood up and aimed his sword at me. "From the people of your tribe. Just like you, those things were created to destroy everything! Our kingdom's ultimate weapon! The metal Meruems!"

Multiple roaring sounds resonated coming from above, even though they were far from my location, I could clearly see the 20 black metal giants with horns on their heads that resembled my horns soaring through the sky. They were completely visible as they started to bombard the forest beneath them with devastating yellow lights.

They were making an unnerving sound as they demolished everything on their way. 

"It's over, Casimir. There is no place for us to go, we can no longer go back to our kingdom as failures. It's already far too late for that. It's either we will win this or we will die trying." He smiled. "This is the only chance I have. You and your people will annihilate us, but in return, we will destroy everything in that town. That's our exchange."

That's the face of someone who has nothing to hold on to but the dwindling hope within him.

That answers the question.

How far desperation can push someone? 

I stared directly into his eyes. "You have done it now, Commander Einar Aegle."

 Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

30