Chapter 106: Myrtle
819 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


5 years had passed since that incident, and thanks to the support of the people close to me, I changed. I was already in my high school sophomore year and I finally got rid of my violent behaviors. At least, most of them.

I walked down the staircase and ran towards the dining table where Irina, mom, and dad were having their breakfast. Upon seeing me, mom revealed a wide gentle smile.

"Good morning, Casimir. Join us here."

I rushed towards her and kissed her on her cheek. "I can't, Myrtle is waiting for me outside."

"But, you need to eat."

"Just let him be, Frida," Dad said while giving me a meaningful smile.

I smiled back.

I grabbed one of the loaves of bread over the table. "I'll just take this." And kiss the cheek of my little sister sitting in front of me. "I'll be going now."

"Ihh! Big Brother! Gross!"

I chuckled and ran towards the entrance of our house. As I closed the door.

"Sorry for making you wait."

As I shifted my gaze, what greeted me was her lovely smile while looking at me using her beautiful pair of black eyes. She had white skin that greatly complemented her back-length straight black hair that was currently tied in a ponytail leaving only her bangs. The long part of her bangs swayed as she slightly tilted her head. She's wearing our school uniform, white long sleeves and a dark blue skirt that really looked good on her. Of course, it was. Even a dirty rug would definitely end up looking good on her.

"No, it's fine." She answered.

My childhood friend who lives just next to our house, Myrtle.

"I watched the anime you suggested to me, it's so good that I lost track of the time, so I don't have enough sleep," I said as I chuckled.

I was wearing my school uniform, white long sleeves, and black slacks.

"I said watch it, not binge it, silly."

We walked side by side to the road towards our school.

"I wasn't planning to, it just happened." I tapped her shoulder. "By the way, I have my costume prepared, I hope you and Edward also prepared yours. I am planning to cosplay as Nanashi from the sword of the stranger. You should see my costume… I was planning to get a replica of his katana, too bad I didn't have enough money for it."

Rather than answering me she just stared at me while smiling.

"What?"

She shook her head. "I'll cosplay as Black rock shooter."

"Woah! That's cool! I want to see it too!"

She covered her mouth using her hand and chuckled. "I heard Edward would go as Kirito."

"He already did it last year, didn't he?"

"Maybe he just loves cosplaying that character."

"Yes, he really does."

Before we reached the school, we stumbled upon a familiar face across the road.

"Isn't it, Edward?" I waved my hand. "Edward!"

But the receiver didn't respond and directed his gaze towards the 5 people standing in front of him. Edward was fidgeting as he pressed his thick glasses. While the 5 people with him were slowly pushing him to the side of the wall of the school.

That's not a good thing.

"I'll go check on him, let's just meet in the classroom." I started to walk but I felt a soft hand gently holding my forearm.

I shifted my gaze and found her concerned face staring right into my eyes.

"Just talk to them."

I smiled and nodded. "Of course, as long as they won't start it, I won't beat the shit out of them."

"Casimir." She said with such a tender voice that it felt like soothing music to my ears.

I chuckled. "Just kidding. Look, it's been a month since I got involved in trouble, and it was just self-defense. So, don't worry about me."

"I am not worried about you, not even a little. I am more worried about them."

As she released my hand, I scratched the back of my head. "Thanks, I guess?"

"I'll be waiting for the 2 of you in our classroom."

"See 'ya." I waved my hand and walked towards the other side of the road. As I reached the 6 people, I waved my hand at them.

"Yo." I slipped between them. "Is there a problem here?"

"Casimir," Edward called for me while hiding behind me.

"Yes, yes, it's me. What's the problem here, Edward?"

I shifted my gaze toward the 5 people in front of me. They were expressing a malicious smile as they scanned me from head to foot.

"So you are Casimir, huh? Just like the people I asked said, you really are friends with this wimpy nerd." Said the one in the middle while standing in front of me. Just like the other four, he was wearing blue long sleeves, indicating that they were not from this school.

"Yes, he is my best friend. Is there a problem?"

"I heard that you are a big shot here and managed to beat some of the students from our school. I'm Paul, from Franciscano high." He had 2 by 3 cut black hair.

This guy is muscular as shit! Are you sure he is a high school student?

"Oh, nice to meet you, Paul. And I appreciate that you actually put an immense effort just to meet me, but you came at the wrong person. I don't remember myself being a big shot around here. As you can see, I'm just an average student in this school."

"Don't mess with us! I saw you beat Judan's group alone!"

I exhaled upon hearing the voice of the one at the back.

Judan? I don't even know who that is! And as far as I remember, all the fights I had were all due to self-defense. I'm not a gangster!

The next thing I felt was a heavy hand on my shoulder while the owner was expressing a wide mocking smile while staring at me.

"This is one of the big shots of this school? Looks like a wuss." Paul said while laughing.

I released a much louder exhale. "Please remove your hand on my shoulder."

His chuckle became much louder and put another of his hand on my other shoulder. "If I don't want to, what will you do? Cry for help, wuss?"

Man, what did I do to get in every stupid situation like this? I'm doing my best to live a normal life here, you know?

I looked up at his face and smiled. "This is my final warning. Get your hands off my shoulder... please."

"Or else what?"

"Paul! Paul! The teachers are on their way here!" Said one of the members of the group.

"Damn it! Let's go!" In an instant, they rushed away from the scene. "We will meet again, Casimir!"

God, I hope not!

3 male teachers arrived and immediately joined us 2. "Are you alright?"

It turned out, Myrtle called for the teachers again, she tended to do that, which was great to stop any tension.

"Yes, Sir," I answered. "Are you alright, Edward?"

Edward pushed his glasses and nodded. "I'm fine." He looked up at me. "You've got in trouble because of me again. Just like the last time."

"What do you mean? They came here for me, not for you. I'm the one who put you in trouble."

"But it's all started because I can't stand for myse-"

"Man, Myrtle is waiting for us, we should go now." I chuckled and walked towards the school while Edward just followed after me.

To protect the people who are close to me, that's my only reason to fight. Nothing else.

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

32