Chapter 110: Awakening
780 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Third Person)

Due to Commander Einar's final order, the army that was supposed to be an entire legion took their retreat. What was left from 6000 personnel was just a measly of what it was.

"Commander Einar has fallen! Save yourselves and take your retreat!" Commander Einar's right hand, Captain Joran shouted as he took the lead and escorted the remaining personnel for their escape.

"Captain, what happened? How come we have lost?" One of the knights asked.

Captain Joran shook his head. "I don't know." He clicked his tongue. "I should have stayed with Commander Einar."

"Captain, none from their side is trying to stop us. They are letting us go."

Captain Joran removed his helmet revealing his blonde hair and gentle face. With his almond brown eyes, he stared in the direction where the last time he saw Commander Einar alive. "I hope that's the case. That attack that delivered the final blow to Commander Einar, it was filled with malevolent energy. The last time I have witnessed such a devastating attack that resembles that... It was from the demon lord himself. Something is telling me, whoever did that attack is not someone we could face right now."

***

In the direction where Captain Joran was looking. A certain person was standing next to a massive line in the ground created by his own attack.

While staring at his shivering hand, he smiled. "I am indeed... a monster."

Instantly, the entire area around him was enveloped in a massive cloud of darkness, destroying everything around 50 meters around him. The very image of it was completely visible around the area, putting everyone who saw it in great fear.

The massive cloud of darkness gradually disappeared and what was left was Casimir slowly floating in the air, with massive black wings sprouting on his back. Each one of the wings resembled the wings of a raven and had a width of 2 meters and every time they waved, snow-like dark particles were slowly falling from his wings.

Casimir opened his eyes, revealing his pair of glowing red eyes, each leaving red lines in their path as he moved to stare at the entirety of his newly acquired wings. "Oh, wow. I have wings... neat."

A smirk emerged on his face as he raised his hand leveling his chest. He brushed his hair up, furtherly pronouncing his pair of glowing eyes and horns.

The awakening was completed. Finally, a relentless destroyer once more emerged upon the surface of Ulterra.

"It's not enough, I am not satisfied yet... I want to kill more."

As he flew higher, the force of his wings destroyed the ground beneath him. He instantly propelled up and stared at the retreating army while floating in the sky.

An ominous smile emerged on his face as he aimed his hand at the nearest group at him. "Where are you planning to go?"

By just seeing him floating in the sky, the faces of the members of the troop beneath were instantly shrouded in fear as they ran for their lives.

A black ball of light appeared right in front of Casimir and without a delay, fired a devastating beam of black light that easily obliterated the entire troop with a massive explosion. Leaving nothing but a massive hole in the ground.

All the witnesses beneath could do was stare at the cause of the devastating attack who instantly annihilated their allies.

What came next was Casimir's unnerving laugh. And by just hearing it, despair instantly engraved on the fleeing army's face.

"We don't have any idea about this! What anomaly have we decided to fight?"

"Don't just stand there! Run!"

With a menacing smile on his face, Casimir wandered his eyes throughout the area. "It's not enough, I want more!"

His wings waved, making him fly with extraordinary speed. He easily reached the largest group nearby running through the forest.

As he landed, a dark fog instantly shrouded the entire area, quickly corroding most of the members of the troop. Their dying cries resonated throughout the place as they got slowly devoured by the cloud of darkness all around them.

"Captain!" One of the knights shouted while running away from the massive cloud devouring anything in its path.

"Run! I will slow him down!" The Captain of the troop shouted as he walked towards the dark cloud with resolve on his face even though the entirety of his armor was gone.

But his eyes instantly widened upon seeing the glowing pair of eyes slowly coming out from the dark cloud. His sword shivered but he remained standing. "It's impossible... It can't be true!"

"Slow me down? That's funny."

That cruel voice was the only thing he heard before his head flew out and rolled to the ground. While his enemy flew out to slaughter the ones who managed to survive his initial attack. And easily done it.

The reign of terror occurred as the screams of fear shrouded the entire area as their single assailant massacred everyone in his path while generating an unnerving laugh as he chased one troop after another. Moving at great speed that no one could oppose.

Once more, he landed right at the center of a troop and instantly cut anyone in the 50 meters area around him in half using malevolent black Wind magic. The entire place that used to be filled with knights was filled with the blood of the unfortunates.

One of the knights who survived crawled back while staring at the person walking toward him. His widened eyes trembled upon seeing what it was.

"Monster!"

Casimir smiled. "Yes, I am… I am indeed a monster."

Suddenly, the knight was engulfed in black flame and slowly burned the knight into ashes, his loud cry was more than enough to turn the remaining knights who witnessed the scene into great despair.

"It's not enough! I want more!" Casimir's wings waved, propelling him up at the same time, leaving a massive cloud of darkness behind, finishing off the ones who remained.

For a few seconds, he remained drifting in the air while staring at the route of the remaining army. 

The entire army was forming one group while continuously running away.

He put his hand on his chin before expressing a smile.

"I see. So that's the route they are planning to go." He wandered his eyes throughout the forest. "There is also a smaller group around there." His smile became wider as the glow of his red eyes became brighter. "I'll go slaughter the bigger group first. Then, I'll go for the smaller one next." Once more, his wings waved and flew at great speed towards the massive group from the distance.

"This is your punishment for challenging us, Commander Einar. I will leave no one in your pathetic legion alive. Watch as I send them all to you... all at once!"

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

27