Chapter 117: Perfect
696 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I peeked my head out from the edge of the back alley before joining the crowd inside the marketplace of the Fang faction. I bowed my head and pulled the hood covering my face.

"Uhm looks like they can't recognize me anymore."

"Great, now, let's go check out the shops around here," Tanya answered while walking beside me.

She was wearing a red cloak, the same as mine, we're wearing identical cloaks because these cloaks were just created thanks to the skill, Synthetic Blacksmith.

Karoon's skill is quite handy in so many situations!

The only thing we had to do was to release enough Mana manifestations for us to look like we were just average persons, so we could avoid suspicion.

And voila! We are now some kind of J-pop wannabes! The only difference is that the people here have been treating me like I'm some kind of Christmas tree.

"That would be 40 Sierra." The vendor said to Tanya referring to the pair of apples she was holding.

"Here." She handed the coin and proceeded to walk away.

I followed her and the moment I reached her, she handed me the apple.

I accepted the apple. "Thanks." I took a bite and looked around the area.

The crowd in this place was massive, but there were still spaces enough for the shoppers to walk on. Different types of product stalls were scattered throughout the area, behind the formation of stalls were bigger establishments that had their own building.

She raised her index finger and pointed it at one of the shops nearby. "Let's go there."

It's a boutique.

I stared at her and slowly nodded. "Sure. Are you planning to buy some clothes?"

"No, but maybe I would see something that may pick my interest."

It smells like fucking window shopping!

The nightmare of every guy every time they go out in a mall with a girl!

Typical girl's shopping behavior!

She walked ahead towards the shop. "Let's go, Cas..."

I looked around and exhaled before following her. "On my way."

I hate window shopping! Shopping with a girl is one hell of a pain! I had enough of it with my little sister Irina and I don't think I could take another one! Especially, when it involves clothes! Waiting for a girl to choose clothes is one hell of a literal hell of an experience!

As the door opened, both of us walked in.

"Welcome!" A girl with bunny ears and brown hair walked toward us with a smile on her face. She was wearing a white blouse and black skirt, the same as the other employees inside.

Tanya removed her hood and gazed at me. "Go check some clothes, don't bother about the expense, it's my treat."

The eyes of the receptionist immediately widened upon seeing her. "La- Lady Tanya." She bowed her head.

I keep on forgetting that she's one of the most influential individuals in this town.

I removed my hood and stood beside her as I wandered my eyes throughout the place. "Don't worry about me, just look around and buy whatever you want to get it done."

"Lo-Lord Casimir."

Oh.

I smiled and put my index finger on my lips, she immediately responded by repeatedly nodding her head while looking at me with a huge smile on her face.

Tanya nodded twice. "If you say so."

"Right away, I will show you the best we have in our shop."

"Oh well, please do so."

"It is our pleasure."

The entire time, I just watched her try and buy clothes while low-key waving my hand towards the receptionists waving their hands at me.

Ah, only if I was this popular back on Earth. To think about it, I was more infamous there than famous.

"How about this?" Tanya came out from the fitting room wearing a one-piece blue dress while holding her hair in a ponytail.

I nodded. "It's fine, I guess?"

She put her hands on her waists, releasing her long, straight silver hair. "You guess?"

I narrowed my eyes and put my hand on my chin while observing her.

This girl, it's pretty obvious that she just wants to get complimented.

I'll just go along with it and get it done. It's a good thing I have a specific technique of how to get out of this situation.

I crossed my arms and stared directly into her eyes. "Honestly, I don't know what to say, everything is beautiful as long as you are the one who's wearing it. That's why I can't tell."

I could hear the weak giggling of the receptionists behind me.

Cheesy and embarrassing, I know. But it's a small price to pay to finally get out of this hell. I would rather run like a horse while being chased by a mob of vendors than go on relentless window shopping. Besides, I have already done this technique on my little sister so many times before, that's why I have no problem doing it again. What's the difference, right? 

She paused for a second and pouted her lips while nodding. "I see. Then I will take this."

See? After years of experience with the behavior of my little sister, I have mastered what I need to say every time I'm in this kind of situation!

Just praise them and voila! Mission accomplished!

But sometimes, it's not effective when she already hears the same phrases over and over again. So coming up with a unique one every time is the main key.

She came out of the fitting room and gave the clothes to the receptionist.

"Now, let's try some clothes for you."

I quickly shook my head. "Don't worry about me. I'm fine." While waving my hand.

But she ignored me and picked some male clothes on the racks and after a few minutes, she came back holding a set of clothes.

She raised the clothes she was holding towards me.

"What?"

"Try it."

I put my hands on my waists and exhaled. "Alright."

I went inside the fitting room and wore the clothes. 

I came out wearing a gray long-sleeve folded up to my elbow with a black blazer, fitted black pants, and brown leather shoes.

I brushed up my bangs with my hand. "What do you think?"

Tanya paused for a few seconds while furrowing her eyebrows before nodding. "Not bad." She faced the receptionist. "We will take it."

"It's perfect for you, Lord Casimir. You look so charming!" One of the receptionists said while smiling at me.

I smiled. "Thanks. Anyway, should I take it off now?"

"I think It's fine, let's go. Let's check out other shops."

"Hah?" I walked to follow her while waving back at the receptionists saying their goodbyes to me. "Wait for me," I said while wearing my cloak.

 Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

26