Chapter 124: Proposal
614 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


After eating the ridiculously massive and delicious whole roasted boar, we decided to get out of the marketplace and walk around different areas of the town. After hours of tiring countless rounds of eating and strolling, we reached the central part of the Spriggan faction where a massive roundabout and grassy open space was located.

There were no benches around so we decided to sit on the grass while watching the carriages passing by from a distance while occasionally waving my hand toward the people greeting us as they passed through.

Karoon lay down on the grassy floor and stretched her legs and arms while closing her eyes. "Maybe I ate too much, I'm still full after those strolls." She was beside me, while I was sitting between her and Prince Dieter.

"That's not surprising, you were the one who'd eaten the most. Where did you put all of those?"

She smiled and pointed her index finger at her heart. "All of the food I have been eating has been getting on here."

I don't think so, those things still look the same.

I narrowed my eyes. "Ah... I see." I shifted my gaze towards Prince Dieter who was currently looking in front of us while expressing a gentle smile on his face. "What do you think, Prince Dieter?"

He shifted his gaze at me with his smile still intact on his face. "This place is better than I expected."

I nodded. "It's great to hear that, too bad, we don't have enough time to tour all the places in this town. After all, this town is quite massive for a town."

"Don't worry, I have seen more than enough. However, I yearn to know 2 things, I hope you answer me, Lord Casimir."

"Then, let me hear it."

He paused for a few seconds before saying his questions. "What is your motivation to do what you have been doing in this town? And what is your end goal?"

End goal? It's gonna be very lackluster if I tell him I don't have a glorious end goal. I have, but it's rather simple. All I want is a safe place for everyone close to me. That's my only reason, but I don't think that's the answer that he wants to hear. Although...

"A safe place for everyone, where there is no discrimination against races, a place where everyone can live together in harmony. The things that you are seeing right now... and the people who are close to me, they are my motivation. For your second question, I don't think you can call it an end goal, but what I believe is mine is to protect this town and the people who are living in it with me. And I will  do it as long as I still can." I stared at him and found him enthusiastically looking at me. "Is my answer good enough?"

He repeatedly nodded. "It is. And now that I finally know it, I want to address a proposal."

"Proposal?"

"Yes, this town. This town is a paradise, however, why not stop here? If yo- we want to protect everything we consider as important to us, we can aim for more... a certain and lasting solution."

I furrowed my eyes. "What do you mean?"

A tremendous eagerness revealed in his eyes as he veered his body towards me. "Imagine the entire Ulterra, not just this town, but a world where every race could live together in harmony. No discrimination against each other, no wars, and no slaves. Where everyone can live the way they want to be, without fear and suffering, and where they want to be without anyone harming them." He raised his hands. "Beastkins living freely in a human kingdom, humans living in a demon kingdom with their half-demon and human offsprings, the possibility is limitless. A place where there are no longer human and demi-humans territories because we are finally united. Wouldn't that world be such a beautiful place? We can achieve that goal together."

"I see. So, that's what you came for. Although that idea is quite interesting." I put my hand on my chin. "We're talking about changing an entire world consisting of different races and cultures in it. To accomplish that goal, one needs a vast amount of influence over every existing nation in this world, which is incredibly hard to obtain especially for me who came from a race that every race in existence deemed as an enemy. To tell you the truth, I don't think I have the power to help you to achieve it."

I'm not good at politics, but I think these reasons are pretty obvious.

"You have. I know that you have the desire and capabilities to accomplish it. All you need is absolute influence over every nation in this world... I can help you. We can work together... me and you to achieve that goal." He stood up and raised both of his hands with a wide smile on his face. Behind him was the slowly orange descending sun. "By just observing the current state of this town, I can finally visualize what a wonderful world is waiting for us to create. I know it won't easily happen, not in 1 or 2 years, or even a decade or 2, or even in 60 years, but I know it will. The great future ahead of us. A world of paradise. Don't you want it? That world, it won't create itself, let's give rise to it." He bent his hand at me. "Lord Casimir."

This guy... charismatic people really are scary.

I exhaled and stood up. "I will repeat it to you, you are trying to do something close to impossible... changing the world. However, let me think about it first before I say my decision."

His eyes lit up as his wide smile became much wider. "Of course, take your time."

Oy, don't smile like that, I haven't agreed yet!

"Now, to help me decide. It's your turn to answer your own question, what is your motivation for doing all of this? I already know your end goal, but what made you do this? And please don't tell me it's just an idea you just came up with one morning when you woke up."

He responded with a laugh, however, it was instantly replaced with sadness in his eyes. "The only difference between you and me is that you still have the opportunity to protect the people that are important to you... the worst thing that can happen to a person who has someone he wants to protect is to fail to protect that person. Time can no longer be brought back, but you can do something for the future for it to never happen again to someone else... That's my motivation."

I slowly nodded. "I see. Now, I fully understand."

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

23