Chapter 126: Warlord
645 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The morning had come and the sun shone once more on the surface of the town of Agrona. I stretched my arms as I yawned and stood up from my bed. I left my room and walked down the staircase to go to the dining room when I heard not-so-familiar voices coming from the dining room.

I furrowed my eyebrows and sped up my walking speed and saw 5 people currently eating breakfast in the dining room while laughing. 5... instead of the usual 3! I walked in while narrowing my eyes dwelling on the 2 additional people at the table.

"Good morning, Lord Casimir." Prince Dieter waved his hand at me while holding a loaf of bread in his other hand.

On the other hand, Captain Callan who was sitting next to him immediately stood up and bowed his head. "Greetings, Lord Casimir."

What's up with the stiff greeting, Captain?

I was so shocked that the only thing I could do was stare at them with great disbelief while slowly nodding. "Oh."

"What are you standing there, Casimir? You should take your seat now and join us." Tanya said while expressing a delighted smile on her face.

I stared at Prince Dieter.

What did you do to lighten her mood that greatly? 

I nodded. "Yeah." I sat on my usual seat. In front of me was Karoon, next to her were Prince Dieter and Captain Callan.

"Good morning, Big bro Casimir." Misha greeted me with her usual adorable smile.

I smiled back and patted her head. "Morning."

"I didn't know that you have a daughter figure you're not mentioning to me. She's cute and really loves talking about you." Prince Dieter said while smiling at Misha.

"Yeah. I have." I shifted my gaze to them. "By the way, what are you 2 doing here?"

Prince Dieter shrugged. "I'll be leaving for the academy in an hour, so I decided to stop by here and meet my father's close friend, Lady Tanya. We had a little talk and due to her generosity, she invited us to have breakfast with them."

I shifted my gaze to Captain Callan, his chest rose as he cleared his throat. "I... I was pulled."

"My, my, it's a good thing that you decided to visit, you should say my regard to Tirion. He must be really proud of you, you grew up from a little boy to a noble prince. Such an intelligent person to realize who to look up to."

Prince Dieter chuckled. "You are flattering me, Lady Tanya. However, I would say that you have been giving me too much credit, I am not that intelligent, it just happens that I am just fortunate enough to come across such an excellent ruler."

What are these 2 pretty-faced semi-narcissists up to?

Tanya repeatedly nodded and shifted her gaze at me. "Casimir, you have found a very commendable friend." She covered her mouth with her hand and chuckled with such satisfaction in her voice.

I narrowed my eyes while gazing at everyone. All of them had wide smiles on their faces while listening to Prince Dieter. Even Misha had an adorable smile on her face while listening to him.

Except, Captain Callan. I found him directly looking at me as if he was reading every movement I was making.

"Anyway, I forgot to ask Prince Dieter yesterday, what do your kingdom and the other kingdoms' reactions to the battle that just happened between this town and the kingdom of Milana? Are they planning to attack us again?"

Captain Callan instantly stared at Prince Dieter who immediately nodded as if he was giving him authority to spill the beans to me.

Captain Callan cleared his throat... again. "You don't have to worry about our kingdom, Lord Casimir. The relationship between the kingdom of Inizio and the town of Agrona is strong and still getting stronger. And about the other kingdoms of humanity, from what I've heard, the entire humanity is now fully aware of your existence... and as of this moment, probably the entire world. Your name has been circulating throughout every nation at a terrifying rate. Other nations have been calling you names... and the epithet that causes the impression the most is... The Tyrannical Warlord." 

I rubbed my hand on my forehead as I heard that villainous nickname again. At least let me choose my nickname! Not that I already have one in mind!

"But Mister Casimir is not a tyrant ruler," Karoon commented while furrowing her eyebrows.

That's right! I'm not even a warlord, am I?

I sipped on the cup of tea I was holding. "I see. But what I want to know is, will the other human kingdoms try to attack us again? You know, to get back on us... or to eliminate a threat like me."

The synchronized very subtle smile of Prince Dieter and Tanya caught my attention as they stared at me.

Captain Callan shook his head. "As of now, humanity has been in great turmoil due to the revelation of your existence. They start to call you names, telling stories of how cruel and destructive you are, all of them have been seeing you as a great threat to humanity... but not a single kingdom even dared to mobilize their forces to fight you, risking to enrage you in the process. You have proven how powerful you are and no one is brave enough to step in... especially now that the hero himself hasn't been making any move about this matter."

"To make it simple, Casimir. You have left enough of an impression to make the other kingdoms realize that they should not mess with you." Tanya said with a smile. "I believe we don't have to worry about fighting in the war against humanity for a while."

"Mister Casimir, You've just scared them so much they decided to leave us alone!"

Man, I won't have any problem calling me that villainous stupid nickname if it means they will leave us alone! Too bad that's too good to be true! Humans are quite a stubborn race! I know! Because I am a human too! Sooner or later they will come for me! I can feel it on my nerves!

"But, I would suggest that you should never let your guard down, Casimir." Tanya raised her index finger. "As of this moment, your very existence doesn't only cause an uproar to humanity, but throughout every nation in this world, and humanity is not the only force in Ulterra that sees you as a great threat. Humanity is just one of them."

"Don't worry, I will not."

Tanya nodded. "Good."

"Big bro Casimir will beat them all!" Misha announced as she held my arm while flashing an adorable smile.

"Of course, he will!" Karoon replied.

Now that Tanya mentioned it, what could be the response of other races about my existence? Would they decide to do the same thing humanity has been doing... or?

The other 3 main races in the world of Ulterra. Demons, Beastkins, and elves.

 Trivia: Back when I was still planning the outline of this story, the original title of the story was The Ascension Of The Warlord. However, I scrapped the idea due to the massive spoiler in the title.

And, oh… This is my favorite chapter of this mini-arc because I could imagine the leaders of other races smirking while Casimir was saying the last two paragraphs of this chapter. The advantage of seeing the future, right?

That's all. Thanks for reading.

19