Chapter 128: Candidate
592 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I leaned my head to the glass window of the carriage as I looked out at the road while traveling inside the territory of the Spriggan faction. The sun was high and there were tons of people passing down the road.

"Dire wolves?" I asked Japheth on the other line while my hand was on my ear.

[Yes, Boss. But not just a common breed of Dire wolves, I'm referring to the largest variant of Dire wolves, the black giant Dire wolves. It's their breeding season and we have been seeing several packs of them lurking around the forest near the town. Their natural domain is far from here, but for some reason, they decided to go here, maybe because of the ongoing war currently happening in the large part of Fiora. As of now, we're trying to deal with them but I think it would take some time due to their absurd numbers.]

Black giant Dire wolves? Man, this world is really packed with crazy things, doesn't it?

"Don't worry about it. You're doing great, Japheth."

[It is my pleasure.]

The carriage stopped in front of a workshop, I walked out of the carriage and went inside the workshop while holding a rolled white paper in my hand. 

This thing I'm holding right now is extremely valuable!

Upon entering, I was instantly greeted by Karoon who was standing beside a stone table. She waved her hands. "Mister Casimir!"

From the other side of the facility, I could hear the sound of slamming due to the blacksmiths currently working. 

I nodded. "Yo. Thanks for lending your time to hear me out."

She stared at the rolled white paper in my hand. "So, that's the thing you're talking about?"

"Yes, it is." I stood beside her and opened the rolled paper and put it over the smooth stone table. "Behold, my masterpiece!" I shifted my gaze at her and smiled.

She looked at the white paper and instantly furrowed her eyes. "What is that?" She's referring to the sketch I made. 

"I know that my drawing is bad even though I worked all night just to perfect it. But look at it, you can already get the gist of it, right?"

She paused for a second before looking at me with subtle reluctance on her face. "No. I don't really have any idea what this is." She put her index finger on her cheeks. "What is this, some kind of metallic club?"

I shook my head and smiled at her while tapping her shoulder. "This thing is the realization of one of my dreams. The ultimate feat that a man can do... The very peak of all arts. The very symbol of greatness and beauty!" I nodded in agreement with my own words. "We're going to make... a Gatling gun waifu."

Her eyes narrowed. "Gatling gun waifu?"

"Yes, yes, Lady. And you are the main component for the realization of that dream of mine." I pointed my hand to what seemed like a child's Gatling gun drawing.

I'm not good at drawing, I know! All I did was draw the layout and the general idea of the Gatling gun. After all, as long as I know what I am aiming to make, it will turn out well. I think?

With her doubtful eyes, she slowly nodded. "Oh." 

"Gatling gun waifu. The embodiment of badassness..." I put my hand over her shoulders. "It is finally in my reach."

"Right... Now, would you mind telling me what this... thing you've drawn?"

"Of course, of course." I raised the paper and showed it to her. "This thing is called a Gatling gun, it is a weapon. A very cool one."

She looked up at me. "Gatling gun? It's the very first time I've heard something like it. Also, if the Gatling gun is the weapon itself, then, what does the word waifu mean?"

I smiled at her. "Based on what I have learned from using your Synthetic Blacksmith skill, you can't just create things that you touched, I have also learned that you can manipulate the things that you created as long as they are inside your Mana manifestation area and throwing them with such a force much more powerful than physically enhanced hands are possible. It's like telekinesis but the things that you can throw hit very hard... really, really hard."

I also learned that the only thing that I can create are the things that I touched in this world. I can't create the things I touched on Earth. That's one of the skill's restrictions.

No anime figurines for me!

"Yes, I am fully aware of that. But as you know, I have a very small mana manifestation area. I can't just control the weapons and make them fight for me just like what you have been doing."

I raised my index finger. "That's what the Gatling gun is for, it's a ranged weapon that can aid you. All you need to do is to manipulate the bullet inside to shoot out from the barrel and destroy everything unlucky enough to get caught in its range."

"Do you mean like bows? Does that mean that weapon needs some kind of arrow to work?"

"Yup, this thing needs bullets to operate, but I don't think it will be a problem for you." I smiled at her and pointed to the drawing of a bullet on the paper. "Because I'm pretty sure you can make loads of this. Although we need a more durable metal for the Gatling gun and the bullets because the things that we can create only have 50℅ durabilities. And that's it, it's good to go." I shrugged. "To be honest, exactness doesn't matter and I don't really know what mechanism a real Gatling gun has, I'm not a gun specialist. However, the good thing is, we don't need to recreate the real thing with the same mechanism, all we need to create is something that looks like it and can work like it. The only crucial thing we need to copy from the real thing besides its badass appearance is the barrel for the bullet to go through. You don't need a trigger or some kind of mechanism because you can easily perform its function with your Synthetic Blacksmith. After that, you can just train with your accuracy and firepower... You can just go to the forest and shoot some pesky Dire wolves or whatever... on the second thought, don't. I don't want to see such a cute and innocent-looking girl like you murdering things. It's strictly for self-defense only."

I stared at her and found her looking at me with great surprise in her eyes. She covered her mouth upon seeing me looking at her.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? You don't like it? I know that besides the fact that my drawing is undecipherable, I am fully aware that I'm not the best explainer around, but I will assure you that it will turn out cool once the model is finally created. I hope you hear me out."

"Hmm mmm." She shook her head. "To tell you the truth, Mister Casimir. I just didn't expect you to go this far just to help me."

"I'm not helping you though, I just really want my Gatling gun waifu to come true. And you are the best candidate for it. The one and only candidate to be exact."

She took the paper and looked at my pathetic drawing with a big smile on her face. She looked up at me and revealed an adorable smile. "Then, let's create the best Gatling gun waifu that you will ever see."

I smiled at her. "I can already see it."

Want access to the story's advance chapters? Be my patron and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

23