Chapter 133: Royalty
577 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I leaned my back against the soft backrest of my office chair and bit the brown quill pen I was holding. I raised the white paper in my other hand and furrowed my eyebrows. I exhaled and put the paper over my table.

I looked out the glass window and saw the sun at its peak. The bright light was entering my office and lighting up the room.

"I'm already tired, should I take a break for now?" I stood up and walked out of my office. While walking down the corridor, I heard laughter coming from the living room.

I walked down the stairs and found 4 people in the living room, Tanya, Karoon, Misha, and a familiar but unexpected face was with them.

"I'm glad you've finally decided to leave that shabby mansion and live here with us," Tanya said while expressing a proud smile.

"I appreciate your kindness, Lady Tanya. But I'm afraid I won't stay long." Kuro answered while sitting on one of the sofas. Upon seeing me, she immediately stood up and bowed her head. "Greetings, Mister Casimir."

I nodded while narrowing my eyes. "Kuro, I didn't expect to see you here. Not that you are not welcome, of course, you are very welcome here. But aren't Leal forbidding you to come here for some reason?"

What happened to Leal's 'I would rather kill myself than let you enter that place'? Change of heart?

"Yes. But due to some circumstances, Master Leal ordered me to go here and stay for a while until the situation in the mansion is over."

"Which is a very good decision coming from him. Should I prepare your room, Kuro? Or else, do you want to share a room with your closest friend, Karoon?" Tanya said while sitting next to Kuro.

On Kuro's other side was Misha staring at her like she's some kind of beautiful painting.

Maybe Misha is just very amazed at how beautiful Kuro is. I mean, that striking fact is undeniable. Such a beauty that is only second to Tanya.

On the other hand, Karoon was standing in front of them while expressing a big smile. "That's a good idea! We can sleep in my room together and talk all night! Also, we can invite Tan-tan and Misha with us! That would be fun! Girls bonding!"

"I can join too?"

"Of course, Misha you can! We can have a great bonding together!" Karoon replied while jumping in excitement.

"That would be great, right, Big sis Kuro?" Misha sweetly smiled at her.

I could clearly see the awkwardness in Kuro's smile while hesitantly shaking her head. "My apologies, Young Lady. But I can't. I won't stay for long. I'm just waiting for the situation in the mansion to end."

What came next was the synchronized groans of the 3 girls with her.

"Oh well, that made me sad," Tanya said while expressing an obviously fraudulent sad face.

Oy, aren't you people pressuring her a little too much? Girls sometimes really are scary!

I cleared my throat. "Anyway, Kuro. What situation are you talking about?"

Kuro looked down and paused for a second before standing and looking up again. She stared directly into my eyes. "The first and second princes of the kingdom of Erela are here."

What? The fucking princes of the fucking elven kingdom are here? What!

"Why do I have no idea about this?" I said calmly.

Kuro stood up and bowed. "Forgive us for our selfishness, Mister Casimir. But Master Leal decided not to tell you about their arrival because he doesn't want to drag you into his personal matters."

"I see. However, Kuro, if something like this happens again next time, at least tell me about it, regardless if it's personal or what's so ever. We're talking about the princes of a kingdom and not just ordinary visitors. If something bad happens while they are here, the fault is on me even though I don't have any idea of what just happened. The Marionette corps has been doing a good job protecting this town, but this matter is not something I can easily disregard. I hope you and Leal understand, Kuro."

"I understand, I and Master Leal are fully aware of our negligence. Your message will reach Master Leal."

"It's alright, I don't mind it that much." I put my hands on my waist. "However, what's the connection between the arrival of the princes of the kingdom of Erela to Leal sending you here?"

Kuro didn't answer and just looked down. On the other hand, Tanya stood up and held Kuro's forearm.

"The answer is simple, Casimir. Elves are disdainful scum and Kuro doesn't want to get near to them." Tanya said with a voice with subtle anger.

"Ah."

It makes me wonder, what kind of people are elves in this world?

***

(Third Person.)

Inside the territory of the Marionette faction, a huge group consisting of 200 elven warriors each riding beautiful white wolves scattered throughout the huge open area in front of Leal's mansion. In front of the formation was the elegant carriage containing the 2 princes. With such grace, the elven warriors stood in two groups while riding their white wolves and facing each other. Leaving only a road at the center leading to the door of the carriage.

"Forgive my negligence. I was so driven by my own emotion that I didn't realize I had just endangered the safety of the town due to my own egocentricity." Leal said while staring at the carriage in front of him with his narrowing eyes.

[Yeah, yeah, I can't blame you. I just hope it won't happen again. I know it's quite a bit of a huge responsibility, but you should always keep in mind that you are one of the people who I heavily rely on.]

Leal smiled. "I am very pleased to hear that."

[Ah... right.] Casimir cleared his throat. [On another note, are you sure you don't need my help?]

The carriage opened and the 2 people inside walked out. With such pride in their smiles, they wandered their eyes throughout the area while walking through the path between the elven warriors standing with such grace while riding their white wolves.

Leal chuckled. "Don't worry about me, Casimir."

[Right, of course, you can handle this matter by yourself. However, don't be shy to tell me about it once you have time, I will hear it.]

"I will." Leal's smile on his face instantly vanished as he shifted his eyes to the 2 people walking toward him.

After a few seconds, they stopped while both of their eyes were dwelling on Leal with their smiles still intact on their faces.

Leal took a step and bowed his head to them. "Greetings, Prince Alric and Prince Hien. What glorious wind has brought the 2 of you here?" He raised his head revealing the stoic expression on his face.

For a few seconds, both Prince Alric and Prince Hien just stared at him with amusement in their eyes. As if they just saw something very fascinating.

Prince Hien walked forward while sounding a gentle chuckle. "You don't have to be that formal with us, Leal." He stood up in front of Leal while expressing a gentle smile. He put his right hand on Leal's shoulder. "It's been a while. Look at you, you have changed a lot that I almost didn't recognize you. Big Brother Alric and I have missed you so much that we traveled all the way here just to see you again... don't you miss us too, Little brother?"

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

19