Chapter 136: Sudden Decision
539 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Casimir Kismet)

"Hmm." I put my hand on my chin while staring at the beautiful specimen right in front of me.

I was inside of one of the workshops inside the territory of the Spriggan faction and currently checking on something.

And that something is the thing in front of me... a masterpiece!

The blacksmith wearing a thick leather uniform spread his arms while smiling at me. His goat-like ears flicked as he smiled at my reaction. "Lord Casimir, as of now, the only part that has already been done is the cuirass, but worry not because the other parts will be done soon."

His name is Glei. He and his team are one of the best if not the best blacksmiths in the town, Karoon recommended them to me so I know that they are commendable blacksmiths.

I nodded and raised my hand as I touched the cuirass in the steel armor stand in front of me. It's a very thick jet black armor as black as obsidian, the same color as my horns.

"This cuirass was made with the best metal we have. Extremely durable and its appearance was solely based on what you instructed us." Glei added. "Along with the other parts of this armor, this will be the greatest set of armor created in the town of Agrona."

I smiled. "You all have exceeded my expectations, Glei. I am looking forward to seeing what the full set looks like once it's done."

He bowed his head. "It is our utmost pleasure to be the ones who are assigned to create the set of armor our great ruler will use. By just seeing you wearing our creation will bring us incomparable happiness, we can't ask for more."

As I skimmed my hand on the smooth surface of the armor, my index finger bumped into something at the lower right chest of the armor. There were small letterings in it written in gold ink.

'Karasu Kishi'

Yep, they've actually put the phrase I requested them to. I know, right? Japanese is cool! A cool set of armor is not complete without a chuuni cringe name!

I can't wait to see the amazement on the faces of the people when they see it! It's gonna be phenomenal!

"Casimir."

I looked back and found Leal standing at the door of the workshop while directly staring at me.

I smiled. "Oh, you are finally here. Sorry that I have to call you here even though we can just talk even from a distance."

He shook his head and walked toward me. "I don't mind, I am planning to personally talk to you anyway."

"I will excuse myself, Lord Casimir." Glei bowed his head and pulled my gorgeous armor away.

On the other hand, Leal just stared at the armor with his slightly narrowed eyes.

It looks cool, right? I know!

Leal cleared his throat. "Anyway, I have received reports that the issue about the Black giant dire wolves has finally been dealt with. The forest around the town is now safer."

"I see. Thanks for that." I nodded at him and walked out of the workshop and hopped into the carriage. Leal and I sat on the seats and looked outside as the carriage moved. "By the way, how's the meeting with the princes of the kingdom of Erela? How's the situation in the elven kingdom?"

For a few seconds, he remained silent and just stared outside. After some time, his face veered to me. "The kingdom of Erela is in the middle of a great crisis, they are about to fight a losing battle. The barrier is the kingdom's main defense, without it, they couldn't withstand the unstoppable force of humanity." He shrugged. "Fighting on their own without getting any help from the other forces of the world, that's their punishment for years of treating the other races harshly."

That's too deep, Buddy. Take it easy.

"I see. To make it simple, they have come to ask you to go back home and make you fight for the fate of your brethren. It won't be a surprise if you're going to tell me now that you're gonna leave and ask me to take care of everything for you... probably, including Kuro."

He stared at me with confusion. His widened eyes shivered. "How do you know?"

Dude, the princes of your kingdom came to this place just to talk to you and left without even saying 'Hi' to me! There is also a good freaking chance that they didn't know or didn't even care I exist!

I'm not leaning on the intelligent side to be a great observant, but it's pretty obvious that they came here to recruit you! I mean, you can't convince me that they just came here to say 'Hi' to you and tell you about the freaking news that your kingdom is currently in the midst of the dilemma of being conquered!

I cleared my throat. "It's all written in your face, Leal. Do you think you can hide that suffering in your eyes from me?"

No, it's not. It's just the coolest thing to say in this situation!

He leaned back to the backrest and stared at me while slowly nodding. "Sometimes, your bizarre behaviors make me forget that you are the great ruler of this town. But now, you have made me realize it again."

Bizarre behaviors? What the fuck does that even mean?

He looked down. "I can't leave my brethren behind. I hate that place... most of the people living in that disdainful place... I despise them. But... my moth-... the queen and the king of the kingdom of Erela... I can't abandon them. If I have to die while fighting for their sake just to prove my love for them, I will. Without any hesitation." He looked up at me with his eyes filled with resolve. "The king and queen of the kingdom of Erela. They are my parents... and as their loving son, it is more than enough reason for me to go back home and fight on their side."

What! Excuse me, what! Are you telling me all this time you are a fucking Prince! And then, that means, the 2 princes who came here are your brothers! What!

I mean, Leal really does look like a prince, but what! We have a fucking royalty in the house! And not just a regular prince, people! A fucking elven Prince!

Okay, I have to calm down before it shows on my stupid face.

He slowly exhaled. "I'll be leaving in a few days. I know we have an agreement... forgive me, but I have to leave. I'm going alone, so please take care of everything I will leave behind..." His eyes expressed great sadness in them as he repeatedly swallowed his saliva as if something was blocking his throat and stopping him to talk. "Please, take care of Kuro for me... Casimir."

I leaned on the backrest of my seat and smiled at him. "Yeah? About that. I don't think I will."

He stared at me with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Because I already have plans in mind and taking care of your excessively attractive girlfriend is not one of those." I put my index finger next to my right ear. "All the members of the council, we're going to have a meeting."

"What are you planning to do?" He asked with great disbelief in his eyes.

I can't let a friend of mine fight a losing battle on his own, can I?

I didn't say anything and just smiled at him.

You know, the usual thing I tend to do.

Something very stupid.

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

17