Chapter 138: Vanguard
555 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


I cleared my throat while staring at the 5 people in front of me and crossed my arms. "However, before I tell you my plan, I will tell you why I want to aid the kingdom of Erela first. Just to make it clear for everyone. Because I am fully aware that dragging the entire town for the sake of 'just feel like it' is never a valid reason, right?"

In synchronization, all of them nodded.

"I don't really mind if there is a reason or not. You can drag us on any battlefield, we will win easily anyway." Leo raised his thumbs up while smirking at me.

I narrowed my eyes and slowly nodded while staring at him. "Uhh..."

Of course, you do. However, I don't know if I'm going to feel happy or concerned about that statement.

I released my crossed arms. "Anyway, I believe the most favorable course of action in this current event is to help the kingdom of Erela in their battle rather than playing safe and keeping our distance especially when we are the closest territory to that kingdom. If the kingdom of Erela fell, it would affect us so much that I don't think we could handle what would come for us next. Furthermore, the possibility of us ending up fighting the same forces the kingdom of Erela currently fighting is alarmingly high... and if that happens, we have to fight on our own. I know that it's a big risk, to help other nations in their battle without any apparent immediate merit is a gamble. However, praying for the enemies to not attack us next after defeating one of the most powerful kingdoms in this world is more of a gamble with little to no success."

Leal raised his head and stared at me. "So, you are planning to use the kingdom of Erela as the battlefield."

I nodded. "There is a saying, the enemy of my enemy is my friend... Rather than wait for humanity's next move against us, we're going to bring the battle to that kingdom and put this town out of danger. We're not going to save them, at least that's not our main purpose, rather... we're going to force them to form an alliance with us and use them as our vanguard." I snapped my fingers. "To test the strength of our potential enemies and possibly greatly wither their numbers down before we fight them on our own... or if we're lucky enough, crush them there and then. The good thing is, there's no gamble. No resources will get exhausted and no risk of damaging the town in the entirety of the battle, that's the best situation we can get as of now. To be honest, I don't care what kind of people are living in that kingdom. Regardless of whether they are good people or not. As long as they will end up useful to me, that's all that matters." I smiled at them. "After all, that's the only way for me to measure one's importance to me."

Leal's wide-opened mouth slowly closed.

I shrugged. "We will aid them, but the conclusion of if that kingdom is going to survive or get trampled in that battle is up to them... I just hope they are strong enough to. Nonetheless, That's the reason why I want to join the Erela in their battle. I hope it's good enough."

Because I'm already out of ideas of what to say! Damn it! I sounded like a fucking villain!

Leal chuckled while shaking his head. "How bold of you to declare your hideous plan to use my homeland's situation for your own advantage... unbelievable."

"You asked for an acceptable reason, right? There you have it."

He stared at me and repeatedly nodded. "Of course... of course." He put both of his hands on his thighs. "You told me earlier that you need me to play a crucial role in your plan. What role is it?"

"Just like what I said earlier, I want to form an alliance with the kingdom of Erela. And just randomly crashing there and asking them for an alliance is not the best option. I need a name and approval I can use to easily convince their king. I need someone who has enough significance in the higher hierarchy of that kingdom to enable me to do it."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "So you know, Casimir. I was banished. Don't expect too much from me. I'm worth less than you think."

I smiled. "Don't worry, I've already taken that into consideration."

"Banished? By who?" Leo immediately asked while wandering his eyes on us. He stared at Leal. "What are you? Some kind of prin- ... Are you?"

It seems... he's the only one who didn't know. Mehrad, Karoon, and Tanya's reactions didn't even change.

"So, the entirety of your plan revolves around assisting that kingdom and forming an alliance with them?" Tanya asked.

"Wait? All this time you are a prince, Leal?"

"Shut up."

"Why do I have no idea?"

"Because you are too dumb to realize."

"You don't look like a prince, though. You look more like the feet washer of the prince."

"I will cut your tongue, you despicable lion folk!"

I nodded at Tanya. "Yes. Because building a good relationship with other nations is a good idea. We don't want other nations coming for us just because your ruler is considered a threat by all nations in this world." All of them turned silent as I stood up. "If we've managed to build good relations with other forces of this world, I believe, they won't consider me as a threat anymore. What do you think?"

"I agree! Let's subdue them all!" Leo shouted while raising his hand.

That's the complete opposite of what I've just said!

"Go! Go! Mister Casimir!"

I shifted my gaze to Tanya, she was crossing her arms while staring at me.

"Anyway, Tanya. I know that of all the people in this room you are the only one I can't convince to help that kingdom, so I understand if you don't agree with my decision."

Tanya closed her eyes. "Hmph! I'm glad you know, you can't have me going in that disdainful place. And no matter what, you can't force me to." She opened her eyes and stared at me. "But I would say that I don't disagree with your decision."

I chuckled. "Yeah, yeah. I understand. So I decided to not force you to go with us and let you just stay here."

As if the time slowed down when I witnessed how her proud expression turned into a Surprised Pikachu face while staring at me.

"Come again, Casimir?"

Mehrad stood up and walked towards the door but stopped next to Tanya. "Casimir said you can just stay here and take care of the town and Misha while we're away." He winked at me and smiled at Tanya. "Don't worry, I will take care of Casimir for you. I just hope he doesn't end up crushing everyone on that battlefield because I don't think I could stop him the second time." He chuckled and waved his hand at us as he walked out of the room. "I'll take my leave now."

However, Tanya didn't reply and just continued the overly surprised expression she was doing while staring at me.

Why, though? All I did was respect her decision and beliefs. I can't force her to save a kingdom she seems to hate a lot, can I?

"However, we need to announce this matter to the people. The decision is still on them if they want to join us. After all, we can't force anyone to fight in a battle that's not even ours."

I felt a heavy arm on my shoulder. "Boss, aren't you quite underestimating the loyalty of the people of Agrona to you? Just order us where you want us to go and we will dive even into the deepest depths of hell for you."

Uh... thanks... but that's a little bit too good to be true.

I shifted my gaze to Leal currently sitting on the sofa while staring at me, I extended my left hand to him. "So, what do you think, Leal? Are you going to join us?"

Leal smiled and took my hand. "Today, you've just proven to me how eccentric you are. I can't read what's running in your mind."

"Tan-tan? Are you alright? You're not moving."

I chuckled. "Believe me, Leal. You don't want to know."

Because it has nothing in it! I'm just very good at impromptu!

"Tan-tan? Why are you looking at me like that? Are you sick?"

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

17