Chapter 146: Elder Council
511 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

The great kingdom of Erela. One of the most powerful and one of the primary forces ruling in the entire Ulterra. Known as the home of the people who possessed tremendous pride and incomparable elegance. As the morning sun shined through the entirety of the kingdom, the beauty of such a place was once more revealed.

Beneath the giant tree of Erela was the prestigious castle of the kingdom of Erela. A massive white infrastructure leaning against the root of the tree. In front of the castle was a massive army consisting of tens of thousands of blonde-haired warriors standing with such elegance while facing the glorious tree.

On the other hand, there was no sign of civilians all over the kingdom, the place that used to be a place full of life was now a massive military base. Numerous large troops were scattered throughout the territory of the kingdom to look out for any signs of an incoming attack, attentively inspecting every corner in order to protect their completely exposed capital.

Inside the castle of Erela, in one of the rooms with a massive dome known as the council court.

King Asmit, the king of the kingdom of Erela was standing at the center of the white and silent room while staring at the three people sitting on the elevated platform. The three of them were staring at him with stoic expressions on their faces. Three of them combined held influence and power on par with or even greater than the king himself.

The council consisted of three members who for a lot of the time had the final say for the decisions about the kingdom and had the favor of the considerable number of the citizens of the kingdom of Erela. The Elder Council.

"Has the Fairy king finally spoken, King Asmit?" Kalim, one of the members of the council asked.

Each of them was one of the eldest in the entire kingdom of Erela, but they had an appearance of people who hadn't reached their middle-aged years yet.

"I sent a messenger to seek out their assistance, but the fairies nor the Fairy king himself did not grant us any word of assurance."

One of the Elders named Farga laughed in such a mocking manner. "How insolent, King Asmit. Rather than going to Azalea and seeking out their help on your own, all you did was send a messenger?"

"I could not leave my people in vulnerability and without anyone to lead them while seeking for an uncertain aid coming from the fairies."

A burst of synchronized laughter coming from the three members of the council resonated throughout the room. After a few seconds, all at once, all of them stared at King Asmit with evident mockery on their faces. With only Farga who converted his thoughts into words. "Your incompetence brought this to us, King Asmit. In order to save an insignificant group, you let your enemies reach the barrier. If you just listened to us to bombard the enemy forces and just let the ones in our forces who would get caught in the attack be. This would never happen."

King Asmit clenched both of his fists. "They were my people."

"And so the entire kingdom that you have put in grave danger." Farga raised both of his hands. "It's just a small sacrifice and we are confident that even those warriors that you saved died that day, they know that they would die as heroes. Now, they are going to live the rest of their lives knowing that the sole reason why they are still alive is just because of a horrible mistake. That they were the reason for how our great kingdom had finally faced its defeat... and these all happened under your command, King Asmit."

King Asmit slowly nodded. "I will take full responsibility for that incident. I did not expect that humanity had that kind of skill in their ranks. However, even if I knew, my decision would never change." He turned his back to the Elder Council. "This battle is still far from over. This time, we will crush their forces and once more will achieve victory in this war. A single skill can't change anything. We are still the superior race and I will show them that losing our barrier is nothing more than a minor inconvenience."

"Don't fail us again, King Asmit," Farga stated. 

King Asmit stopped and shifted his face towards the three members of the Elder Council, a mocking smile emerged on his beautiful face. "Fail you? I'm not doing it for you. You three are the least of my concerns, I'm doing it for my loved ones and my people... and of course, for my own pride. Because losing to mere humans is not something such a glorious king like myself could stand." King Asmit walked out. "I don't need your approval, you three are nothing but dirt in my eyes."

King Asmit walked out of the council court leaving the three Elder councils behind. The three of them just stared at each other with apparent irritation on their fragile and gentle-looking faces.

"Asmit... He is starting to get out of control." Kalim said as he leaned on his wooden chair, his long blonde hair swayed pronouncing his elegant face more. "Perhaps, we should proclaim another king and get rid of him before his arrogance finally urges him to bite us. We should have done it back when we still had the chance."

The one on the left side laughed. "Be patient, Kalim. All things have a proper time for. We can live forever, all we need is to wait for the right time."

Farga, who was sitting in the middle, put his hand on his chin. "I agree with Hargid. We have a lot of time on our hands. All we need to do is wait until Asmit performs his biggest mistake. Just like what happened to his late father. But this time, let's put our faithful servant, Prince Hien on the throne." Upon saying those words he laughed.

The other two nodded in agreement.

On the other hand, as King Asmit walked through the white corridor, a familiar image stood in his way and bowed his head. King Asmit stared at him with such tenderness in his eyes.

"My son, Hien."

Prince Hien raised his head. "Father, we have got reports from our scouts that another human army is already on their way here."

King Asmit slowly nodded. "I see. Then, start our preparation. Once again, I will lead our army. But this time, victory is ours." He walked past Prince Hien.

Prince Hien watched him walk away. Slowly, a gentle smile emerged on his elegant face. "As you wish... Father."

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

19