Chapter 147: The Durmada Family
442 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Upon receiving the news about the incoming forces of humanity towards the kingdom of Erela, the preparation had begun. Inside the armory of the king of the kingdom of Erela. A white room with armor stands and weapon racks lined up at the corner of the room.

King Asmit raised his hands as four elven attendants put a cuirass on him. His eyes were closed, but the great resolve was completely visible in his elegant face.

"Based on the report we have received from the scouts, a massive army consisting of the warriors from several kingdoms that banded together are already on their way here. And, there have been no reports regarding the army of the kingdom of Nardia, but we're expecting them to come out soon." Prince Alric said to his father while standing a meter away from him. He was wearing white full-body armor with the only parts that weren't covered were his head and his black metallic right hand. "Father, we can expect them to arrive at sunrise."

King Asmit slowly nodded. "I see. That's more than enough time."

"Alric, I thought, Leal and Lei finally decided to go home?"

Both Prince Alric and King Asmit stared at the person standing next to the door of the room. Her beautiful pair of jade green eyes were expressing great concern as she stared at Prince Alric. Both of her hands were softly clenching on her chest.

Prince Alric slowly exhaled and directed his eyes at her with tenderness in them. "That was what Leal told us. Forgive me, Mother. Perhaps, I failed to convince him to go home. After all, I was the reason why he no longer wanted to go back."

Queen Ayani immediately shook her head and walked towards Prince Alric. "No. Don't say that, Alric. It was no one's fault."

King Asmit put his hands down and stared at them with a stoic expression on his face. "If they don't want to, let them be. They are old enough to decide on their own." One of the attendants handed him a white helmet, he stared at the white helmet and turned his back at Prince Alric and Queen Ayani.

One of the attendants combed his back-length glorious blonde hair using a golden comb and tied it in a ponytail. After a few seconds, they put a beautifully designed wooden chair behind King Asmit that he used to sit on. The attendants carefully put his helmet on while at the same time arranging his hair at the backside of the helmet.

Upon completion, King Asmit stood up and walked towards the door while the other people inside the room with him just stared at him with admiration written all over their faces.

"Let's prepare for the incoming battle, Alric." As King Asmit elegantly walked, his beautiful ponytailed hair was bouncing in his every move, expressing such grace only a person as elegant as he could perform.

Prince Alric bowed his head. "Yes, Father."

"Take care, My love." Queen Ayani said while staring at King Asmit with such affection in her eyes.

King Asmit stopped and faced Queen Ayani while expressing a gentle smile on his face. "I will."

The beautiful queen walked toward his king and hugged him while expressing a thoughtful smile on her face. "Please, do so."

King Asmit's armored hand rubbed on Queen Ayani's back. "You should have done this back when I didn't have my armor yet. So I could feel your warm hug, My love."

After a few seconds, Queen Ayani walked back and shifted her gaze to Prince Alric who was just smiling at her. "Take care, My son." And hugged the armored body of his first son.

"My, my... You three are having a very intimate moment without me? How envious." Prince Hien said while leaning on the door of the room and staring at them while expressing a gentle smile on his face. Unlike his father and older brother, he was wearing his usual attire and not armor.

Prince Alric stared at him. "You don't have to, you are not going to fight anyway."

Prince Hien chuckled and walked toward them. "How cold of you, Brother. Not everything is all about fighting. Regardless, this is the best time to do it. Sadly, there is one member of the family that is not present at this very moment. However, I think this will do." He grabbed Queen Ayani on her shoulder and King Asmit on his armored shoulder and pushed them towards Prince Alric to form a group hug. He stared at them with a smile on his face. "Ah... Not bad, isn't it?"

What came next was a burst of synchronized laughter coming from the four members of the royal family, while the attendants could not comprehend what to do in the current situation they were in. They were just looking at each other with awkwardness written all over their faces.

As the night went deeper, the warriors of the kingdom of Erela gathered at the very center of the kingdom, in front of the castle right beneath the great tree of Erela. Raising their foreheads high while their beautiful blonde hairs were being swayed by the gentle wind, their helmeted heads were directed to the person standing in front of them.

King Asmit wandered his eyes throughout the huge crowd standing in front of him. With such pride in his every movement, he tapped the spear he was holding in his hand to the floor. Standing behind him were Queen Ayani, Prince Alric, and Prince Hien staring at the crowd of warriors in front of them.

"Humanity has underestimated us, they thought that losing the barrier would make us shiver in fear... How laughable. Glorious warriors of the kingdom of Erela, let's show them what kind of force they have been attempting to defeat! Let's show them how our glorious kingdom has easily outlived every rising and falling nation in Ulterra! Losing a barrier will never put us in misery... because we, the greatest race in this world... are indestructible!"

All at once, the roaring shouts of the morale boosted warriors resonated throughout the area while staring at King Asmit.

King Asmit slowly nodded at the reaction he received. He raised his spear. "Let's win this war!"



Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!


18