Chapter 148: Erela Against Humanity
526 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

At the heart of the great forest of Fiora, within the thickness of the forest near the main path toward the kingdom of Erela. A massive army was navigating through the forest with such swiftness and vigilance while carrying their shields and weapons.

Clad with high-quality armors, each group had diverse colors depending on the kingdom where they came from. A total of 40,000 warriors consisted of warriors from ten different kingdoms that agreed to band together to assault their common enemy.

Each kingdom's personnel had its own sets of commanders leading their legions and captains to fulfill their commanders' orders. An overwhelming force that resulted from the coalition of the forces of humanity.

As they traveled forward, the loud sound of a horn briefly put the entire army on pause. The sound of the horn came from the place they were about to go.

"Onward!" One of the commanders shouted.

Immediately, the warriors assumed their battle stance and rushed towards the direction where the sound of the horn came from. To the kingdom of Erela.

***

On the other side of the battlefield, the horn of war sounded, as an indication that the forces of the enemy were about to come. At the boundary of the forest of Fiora and the kingdom of Erela was a massive army consisting of more than a hundred thousand warriors valiantly staring into the vast forest in front of them.

Standing right in front of the formation was King Asmit, riding a beautiful giant white tiger with black stripes and front long fangs that resembled a sabertooth's. Upon hearing the resonating screams of knights of humanity from afar, the white tiger roared loudly.

Standing next to King Asmit was Prince Alric expressing a proud smile on his face that was completely visible even while wearing his helmet. "Here they come, Father. Let's make them realize what kind of huge mistake they have just made."

King Asmit raised his spear. "Let's just hope that they are strong enough to see it through." He said with a voice filled with pride while staring at the massive army already on their way towards them. "Shout your war cries in the afterlife, lowly humans!"

With such grace, King Asmit put his hand down. Instantly, what came next was the demonstration of such a feat. The surroundings turned dark as the sky was engulfed in surging arrows. Tens of thousands of arrows flooded the entire battlefield at once and stormed the massive army of humanity.

To withstand the incoming assault, the army of humanity employed their versatile mages and formed magical barriers made of Wind magic to stop the incoming arrows. The rain of arrows fell to the ground and obliterated anyone who didn't have protection or wasn't protected enough.

Blood was spilled over the green forest as one after another, the knights were falling on their knees. On the other hand, the knights who had enough protection and survived the barrage continued their marches while generating loud noises as they screamed. The forces of humanity lost some of their numbers and were still losing, but those casualties were not considerable enough to stop them in their tracks. 

The bombardment of arrows continued, and slowly, the forces of humanity were getting closer to the capital.

King Asmit pulled the strap of the giant white tiger he was riding on as he stared at the incoming assailants. "My son, prioritize their mages and healers. Without those supports, they are nothing but brute force."

Prince Alric walked forward while holding a spear in his black metallic right hand. He wandered his eyes throughout the army on their way toward them with his prideful smile still intact on his lips. "As you wish, Father." Instantly, a surge of white electric current enveloped his entire body that also affected the small area around him.

King Asmit pointed his spear in the direction of the enemies. "Great warriors of the kingdom of Erela! Charge!"

All at once, the entire army rushed towards the location of the enemy, at the same time, the rain of arrows stopped.

Prince Alric slammed his foot to the ground which instantly made it crumble. The white electricity covering his entire body thickened and glowed brighter. "Let us show you what kind of powerful force you have been trying to fight! Humanity!"

In the blink of an eye, Prince Alric disappeared from where he was standing and rushed towards the location of the enemy. His overwhelming speed made him the fastest in the entire kingdom. 

Upon meeting the frontal formation of the army, the white glowing entity, which was Prince Alric jumped in and ignored the front liners, he rushed all the way to the core of the formation, without anyone capable of stopping him.

"Face the wrath of the Thunder Sovereign!" He landed right in the middle of the troop and stabbed his spear to the ground.

What came next was a devastating explosion of white thunder that instantly obliterated anyone caught in its range.

While expressing a proud smile on his face, Prince Alric pulled his spear from the ground. "Mere humans... you have been overestimating yourselves."

All around him were the corpses of the knights generating smoke due to the destructive attack they just received.

"That's Prince Alric Durmada! The Thunder Sovereign! After him!" All at once, the knights who witnessed the attack rushed towards him while raising their weapons.

Prince Alric flicked his head which caused his beautiful, long blonde hair to sway. "Hmph, I have no interest in dealing with weaklings."

Instantly, he disappeared from his assailants' eyes at the same time, the screams of what was left behind resonated through the area as a flood of living vines attacked them without them expecting and crushed their bodies with the vines' strong trunks.

After a few seconds, A giant tiger walked past the knights crushed by the vines.

King Asmit stared at the current state of the battle. "Our forces easily managed to push their forces back. They have not changed at all. They are still as fragile as before." He pulled the strap of the tiger in a different direction. "It seems, I have been worrying for nothing. How pessimistic of me... after all." A proud smile emerged on his face. "They are just humans."

With one pull of the strap, the giant white tiger rushed to the nearest troop from them while covering their path with living vines that crushed anyone unfortunate enough to get caught by them.

Once more, the battle between the forces of humanity and Elves had begun.



Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!


18