Chapter 150: The Zeppelin Bombardment Force
440 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


The forest turned darker as the Sky devourers soared through the blue sky, obliterating everything beneath them with their devastating searing lights. The unnerving sound of the machinery while continuing their assault combined with the cries of the warriors of the kingdom of Erela as they got caught by the behemoths floating just above them.

There was no place to hide as they were in the middle of the formation of the Zeppelin bombardment force, all King Asmit could do was stare at the brutal slaughter occurring in front of his eyes.

"Father?" Prince Alric asked while staring at King Asmit with great concern visible on his face.

With his enlarged eyes, King Asmit wandered his gaze all around the area, his people were scattered throughout the battlefield and fighting their unreachable enemies on their own. Thousands of arrows were fired all at once, with the hope of bringing down at least a few of the overwhelming numbers of their destructive enemies, but the Zeppelin bombardment force was far high up, and even if some of the arrows by chance managed to reach them, those arrows were not enough to bring the metallic destroyers down.

One of the elven knights rushed towards King Asmit while riding his white wolf. "Your Majesty, their forces are starting to charge towards us again. Forgive us that we have failed to accomplish your order."

King Asmit slowly shook his head. "No. It's all part of their plan all along. We-... I fell for it." He pulled the strap of the white tiger he was riding on and pointed its head towards the location of the kingdom. "All combatants, fall back! We need to regroup first!"

The war horn of the kingdom of Erela sounded again and the forces of the elven warriors rushed back in the direction of their capital. However, due to the continuous assault coming from the sky that withering down their forces at a terrifying pace, the action of retreat became almost impossible to accomplish.

In every corner of the battlefield, the cries of the white wolves and their riders were echoing throughout the area... Had nowhere to run, overwhelmed and outnumbered by the human knights chasing after them as they tried to escape.

A grim scenery of brutal slaughter and hopelessness... A nightmare.

"Towards the capital!" King Asmit raised his spear as the warriors of his kingdom fled through him. Upon seeing the incoming forces of human knights, he activated his Earth magic and created multiple craters to the ground to slow the charging enemies down. "My son, I will go to this side to aid the ones that got trapped, go to the opposite side and help the others."

Prince Alric's brimmed in white electrical current. "Father, what could we do once we managed to make our retreat? We don't have anything that can stop those flying vehicles."

"I will come up with something..." The white tiger ran towards the other side of the battlefield where a troop of elven warriors was currently fighting the charging human knights. "I have to... or this battle will be our end."

After a few seconds of leaping through the area while dodging all the devastating lights continuously bombarding the ground, King Asmit reached his people and activated both his Earth and Plant magic to crush his enemies. Some were crushed by the vines while some got devoured by the ground.

"Your Majesty." Said one of the elven knights lying on the ground while bleeding. Next to him were his dead wolf and some corpses of his brethren.

He pointed his face towards the other knights that still had their wolves or could still walk. "Carry the injured to a safer place."

"As you command, Your Majesty."

The elven knights proceeded to move, King Asmit immediately walked away and hopped towards the nearest forces from him. As he arrived, he granted his aid by immediately eliminating the enemies stopping his people from their retreat.

He stared at the survivors, about 100 warriors, but more than half of them had already lost their wolves or could no longer walk due to their injuries.

"Your Majesty."

"For everyone who could carry your allies, bring them to the capit-"

However, his message was cut when a searing light from the sky stormed their location. The cries of agony of the warriors resonated throughout the area as they slowly disintegrated into nothing, meeting their demise.

From the devastating light, King Asmit flew out while still holding the strap of his disintegrated white tiger. He landed on the ground and rolled multiple times before stopping and releasing a pained groan.

The sounds of the footsteps rushing towards his location made him stand up immediately while using his spear as support. He was no longer wearing his helmet and his beautiful but dirty face was revealed.

"Charge!" Shouted one of the knights rushing toward him.

King Asmit assumed his battle formation and activated both his Earth and Plant magic to crush the incoming enemies. However, not all of them were caught and they were some that managed to reach him. He waved his spear to stab the knights coming to him while moving very agile as he dodged the incoming attacks. With such mastery in his weapon of choice, he was moving as if he was dancing in the middle of the hordes of the human knights charging at him, withering them down without even getting hit or receiving any dangerous injury.

"Your Majesty!" The shouts of the elven knights echoed as they rushed to join him in his battle.

The two forces clashed once more while dodging the searing light coming from the sky passing through them.

As King Asmit slammed the rod of his spear at the attacking knight in front of him, he stood up properly and stared at the elven knights joining him. "Wasn't I told you all to take your retreat-"

The next thing that happened was King Asmit surging on the ground, he rolled several times while leaving a trail of blood in his path. Upon stopping, he slowly clenched his fists and forced his own to stand up while staring at the culprit.

King Asmit's eyes were filled with hatred as he touched his chest, it was bleeding.

"Your Majesty!"

"His Majesty is injured!"

"So, you are King Asmit." Said the one who caused him the injury. He raised his massive war axe while mockingly smiling at King Asmit. He put his war axe over his shoulder. "I am Bertulo, the commander of the kingdom of Omad. It's nice meeting you... Your Majesty."

King Asmit flicked his head causing his long blonde hair to sway beautifully. Revealing an elegant image despite his injuries. A prideful smile emerged on his face. "It will be your greatest privilege to die in my hands... Commander."

Commander Bertulo laughed. "Elves really will stay arrogant until the very last moment of their pathetic lives, aren't they?"

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

14