Chapter 151: Breaking Point
483 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


King Asmit stood up and pointed his spear behind him while extending his free hand toward Commander Bertulo and expressing a mocking smirk.

Commander Bertulo snorted while shaking his head. "Pretentious clown." He galloped towards King Asmit while raising his massive war axe.

Commander Bertulo jumped in and waved his gigantic war axe that King Asmit dodged by jumping back and at the same time, activating his Earth magic to create a crater beneath Commander Bertulo. King Asmit also activated his Plant magic to aid his people currently fighting the massive troops with him. Supporting his allies while fighting a battle of his own.

"That won't work, Blondie!" Commander Bertulo screamed as he chased after King Asmit while riding a massive wave of water. Once more, he jumped in and waved his massive war axe to attack King Asmit.

King Asmit rotated his body to dodge the attack while charging his spear towards the chest of his armored enemy. However, before his spear could reach his target, Commander Bertulo waved his war axe once more, forcing King Asmit to jump out.

Commander Bertulo laughed. "You are getting slower, You Majesty. Does your injury affect you that much? Not fond of injuries, eh?" Once more, he rushed towards King Asmit and waved his war axe.

On the other hand, King Asmit assumed his battle stance and clashed with his enemy as he arrived. He spun so swiftly and gracefully that it left his enemy stunned. A swift slash on the back of his enemy's knees instantly made him fall to his knees. Commander Bertulo fought back by waving his war axe, but a quick strike of the pole of the spear in his head instantly stopped him.

Commander Bertulo roared in anger as he tried to stand up. "Asmit!"

While chasing his own breath, King Asmit used his spear as support to stand up. "Why? Not fond of standing on your knees?"

However, what King Asmit received was a mocking smile from Commander Bertulo. "I will admit, you are strong. It really is a waste killing you. Such a glorious but awfully prideful king… Once you're gone, you will be missed by your people. However, don't fret… because they will come after you soon." Instantly, he flew away from King Asmit while riding a wave of water while staring at him with satisfaction on his face. "I hope you enjoy my gift for you... Your Majesty."

What came next was a wave of deafening eerie sound coming from the sky. As the devastating beams of light struck King Asmit coming from three Zeppelins firing at the same spot giving their target nowhere to run. His scream resonated throughout the battlefield that instantly brought the morale of his people near him to the lowest. The only thing that they could express was fear as they stared at the searing light firing on the area where King Asmit was supposed to be standing.

As the assault stopped, Commander Bertulo walked towards the giant hole the devastating assault created while smiling. "Farewell, Your Majesty."

"No... Farewell, Commander."

As Commander Bertulo heard the voice coming from behind, his eyes widened as he looked back. A combination of two swift slashes on the back of both of his knees instantly brought him down. His loud groan echoed as the blade of the spear stabbed between his shoulder and neck, reaching his chest. Commander Bertulo's shoulders fell as he coughed blood staring at his attacker.

With his face full of blood and dirt, King Asmit stared back at Commander Bertulo as he pushed the spear down further. His armor was filled with blood as his chest and decapitated right arm bled. His left foot was shivering while struggling to support his body due to his right foot no longer functioning. Behind him was a hole in the ground that he used to escape from his demise.

King Asmit, even though blood was coming out of his mouth, he smiled. "Is that all you've got? Lowly human?"

Commander Bertulo smiled back. "I will die satisfied... Because I know that... this is the day your kingdom will fall."

Commander Bertulo fell to the ground, and so did King Asmit. He could no longer walk due to the injuries he received. His life was dwindling as he wandered his eyes throughout the slowly getting devastated forest. The only sound resonating throughout the place were the noises of the cries of the fallen elven warriors and their wolf companions.

"Your Majesty!" Behind him was a massive troop of elven warriors rushing towards his location while riding their wolves.

King Asmit forced a chuckle. "What a bunch of stubborn subordinates... I told them to fall back." His smile slowly faded as he saw the incoming another batch of the human warriors on their way toward him, at the same time, the Zeppelin bombardment force had already almost reached the capital of the kingdom. He put his spear down as he sat on the ground. "Forgive me, My love. Because I have failed... Now... Please, perform my order and escape... live for me."

"Eliminate the king of the kingdom of Erela!" The sound of the rushing knights slowly became more audible as the moments passed by.

"Protect our king at all costs! Assume our formation! Don't let them get near his Majesty!"

He stared at his bloody hand and expressed a smile filled with bitterness. "The only regret I have is... I am going to die without even seeing my beloved youngest son... Leal." He shook his head. "It's better this way... He is a lot safer there than here."

"Hold your formation! For Erela!"

King Asmit closed his eyes as he waited for his inevitable death to come from the hands of his enemies. Without any regret on his face, a face full of satisfaction and comfort.

However, the incoming attack didn't arrive. The only thing he felt rather than the attack that would end his life was a cold sensation in his cheek. He slowly raised his hand to pick the thing that fell on his cheek and opened his eyes. His tired eyes expressed great confusion upon seeing what it was. "Black... snow?"

As he looked up, what greeted him was a massive black cloud in the sky and the roaring sound of a storm brewing within the massive black cloud while continuously pouring black snow all around the area. At the same time, two noticeable entities were floating above. Two birds blazing in fire all over their body while waving their wings. Traveling through the rain of black snow beneath the storm cloud.

"What... is happening?" With his enlarged eyes, King Asmit asked.

Coming from one of the phoenixes, a shadowy entity with large black wings suddenly jumped out and descended to the ground with great speed. As the entity landed between the forces of humanity and the warriors of The kingdom of Erela, the sound of hard and heavy metal hitting the ground resonated throughout the place, at the same time, generating a massive dirt cloud leaving the spectators wondering what just landed in front of them.

Slowly, the dirt cloud faded away. And what they found in the middle was an entity clad with jet black full body armor. The entity's left knees and left hand were on the ground while its right leg was crouching and its right hand was on its back facing upward. Both of its metallic black wings that resembled the wings of a raven were facing upward demonstrating such an intimidating image to whoever stared at it.

"What is this?" King Asmit asked, his eyes were shivering as he stared at the being in front of him.

To everyone's surprise, the armored entity moved and directed its completely hidden face in a black helmet to King Asmit. As it stood up, everyone in the area could do was to stare at it with confusion on their faces. As the armored entity began to walk, the metallic wings on its back slowly disappeared.

"I presume you are King Asmit." The armored entity spoke with a voice filled with authority. As he walked forward, the engraved words in gold ink on his lower right chest were pronounced.

'Karasu Kishi'

King Asmit did not answer and just stared at him with disbelief in his shivering eyes.

"Oh... Right. My bad. Excuse my discourtesy." Instantly, the entire black armor disappeared into thin air. Revealing a young man with jet-black hair, white skin, and a seemingly very gentle face. If it were not for his menacing pair of red eyes and his pair of crystallized black horns he would have been an image of someone with a very kind personality. However, the terrifying aura lurking around him was saying the complete opposite, it telling a grim warning to anyone foolish enough to engage him. A gentle smile emerged on his face as he stared directly at King Asmit. "My name is Casimir Kismet. I am the ruler of the town of Agrona."

Upon hearing the words. Fear instantly engulfed the faces of the people in the area, as they stared at him with great horror.

Slowly, King Asmit's jaw dropped. "The Tyrannical Warlord."

Half of Casimir's lips rose as he raised both of his hands sideways. "Oh, you know me. That's great. That will make this much easier than I expected."

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

17