Chapter 153: Intervention
492 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

Inside the vicinity of the great forest of Fiora. Where a massive battle was occurring that was supposed to be a conflict only between the forces of humanity and the kingdom of Erela.

While standing on the ground, the army of humanity looked up to the sky with horror on their faces as they watched a specific entity clad with jet black armor drifting into the sky while obliterating all the units of the Zeppelin bombardment force assaulting the ground. A black massive beam of light passed through the formation of the bombardment force and destroyed them with ease.

The weapons of destruction of the forces of humanity were slowly getting wiped out right in front of their eyes. They could not even do anything. The only thing they could do was shake their heads while walking back.

On the other hand, at the rear of the formation of the human army. Far from the center of the battle.

"What is happening? What is that? What is that thing destroying our Zeppelins!" One of the knights screamed while staring at the sky.

"I thought none of them could fight back against our bombardment force!"

One of the knights walked back while shaking his head. "Do- don't tell me that's the Fairy king!"

"I am afraid it's not. From what I've heard from Leal, the Fairy King is the embodiment of the will of the Gods of Ulterra. It would be very contradictory if the Fairy King suddenly appeared while wearing a black set of armor and firing beams of black light filled with malevolent energy..." The owner of the voice smirked as he revealed himself to the knights currently in turmoil. "That would be very... Unholy."

Upon realizing the appearance of an unfamiliar person, the knights immediately assumed their battle formation. However, great disbelief immediately occurred on their faces as an entire army showed up from the thickness of the forces. An army consisted of different races. Humans and Demi-humans. Each, wearing their gray full body armors while expressing their sadistic smiles while staring at the massive army in front of them. Except for the one standing in front of the formation, who was not wearing any armor, rather, he was just wearing his casual attire. The one who revealed himself first.

Leo put his hand on both of his hips and wandered his eyes throughout the battlefield. "30,000 human warriors? I hope you all could satisfy us. Please don't be like the Hive mind legion who had easily fallen apart before they could even put up a good fight." He looked up and smiled as he saw the person obliterating the entirety of the Zeppelin bombardment force on his own. "It seems even Boss has been enjoying this battle."

"The elven warriors are charging in again! Prepare for engagement! The announcement from afar added to the horror that the knights had been making on their faces.

"We have a bigger problem here!" One of the knights replied with his shivering voice.

Leo walked towards the knights while cracking his fingers, next to him was the massive image of Rumble clad with full-body armor and Jabez on the other side throwing his dagger into the air.

"The name is Leo Dhruv, one of the members of the executives of the town Agrona, The Dark Triad." He tilted his head sideways and expressed a menacing smile. "And the right hand of our great ruler, Warlord Casimir."

What came next was a deafening roar coming from Rumble, his war cry resonated throughout the area that instantly got responded to by their entire army, putting the forces of humanity in a far greater turmoil than they already had. Signaling the beginning of a skirmish.

"You heard our Boss. Let's do our worst."

As if Leo's words were a switch, all at once, an army consisting of more than a thousand warriors from different races rushed towards the battlefield with great resolve on their faces. With Leo leading the charge, crushing anyone who stood in their way.

The three-way battle had begun.

***

In the middle of the main force of humanity. While passing through the thickness of the forest.

"Don't let your guard down! We are currently under attack in both the front and rear of our formation!" One of the commanders of one of the kingdoms shouted as his army slowly lost their morale while watching the occurring battle from afar.

However, as he shifted his head, an unfamiliar face was already standing right in front of him. He was so stunned that all he could do was gasp while staring at the person with his shivering eyes.

A beautiful image was standing in front of him while expressing a strict expression on her face, her jet black hair swayed as the gentle wind blew. Her pair of jet-black eyes were directed at the commander.

With her very soothing voice, Kuro spoke to him. "Commander Amaso, right?"

"How did you-"

That was just when the knights all around the area noticed her and without a delay rushed towards her to aid their commander.

However, it was already too late. Kuro touched Commander Amaso's armored shoulder before the commander could even attempt to do anything. And without a delay, Commander Amaso turned into ashes, starting from his shoulder, and immediately devoured his entire body.

"Commander!"

"I have fought a far more powerful commander before. This one is nothing compared to him." Kuro said while wandering her eyes throughout the army around her.

"You damn Marionette! Attack her!"

However, Kuro just stared at them while expressing a stoic expression. "I am afraid to say this but... I am not alone."

As she said the words, an image suddenly emerged in front of her while covered in black fog. Japheth raised his scimitar while expressing a confident smile. "We have an army."

As the wind blew around the area, what was revealed to the massive army of the forces of humanity was the crowd of Marionettes hidden in the tall trees all around them. Holding their weapons while attentively staring at them.

"I thought... we were just going to fight the kingdom of Erela... we didn't expect this disaster to happen."

***

In one part of the battlefield, where a certain firebird was slowly descending to the ground, all the eyes were on the fiery bird as it flew past them.

A person jumped out of the phoenix that instantly faded away as its rider left. All of the knights raised their weapons as they watched the person land in the middle of their formation.

Wearing his usual white long sleeve, white slacks, and brown leather shoes. Leal brushed his hair up as he expressed a proud smile while wandering his eyes throughout the entire army surrounding him.

"Did he just jump in alone?'

"Did he really think that he could defeat us all alone?"

As they slowly approached him, he raised his hands sideways. "Do you really think that your number could do anything to change the inevitable outcome of the battle that is about to happen? How laughable." He shrugged. "However, before we begin, let me just introduce myself... I am a man of courtesy after all." He bowed his head and put his hand on his chest. "The name is Leal Bertrand, One of the members of the Dark Triad. And the head of the security personnel of the town of Agrona." A puzzling smile emerged on his beautiful face. "With that said, now, let's see how good of dancers you all are." He stood properly. "It is time to get wild... My advanced class skill."

What happened next put the warriors surrounding him in great awe, as nine beings came straight out of his body as if his body were suddenly divided into ten portions. However, each one of them had an appearance the same as the original. Ten Leals stood up dauntlessly while wandering their eyes throughout the battlefield, all of them expressing proud smiles on their faces.

"Alone?" Said one of the Leals while walking towards the formation of the enemies.

"I am not alone in this fight." Said another Leal while walking in the opposite direction.

"Because all of you are my pawns." The other Leal said while raising his hand. 

"Let's get this started... shall we?"

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

20