Chapter 154: Trust And Capability
481 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

Several days ago, back when the warriors of the town of Agrona were still preparing for their expedition. Inside Casimir's office, who was then doing his paperwork. With a gentle smile on his lips, he raised his head and faced the person who just entered the room.

"Do you need anything, Leal?"

Leal closed the door and stood in front of it while staring at Casimir. "Are you busy, Casimir?"

Casimir put the quill pen he was holding down and shrugged. "Not really, do you want to talk about something?"

Leal walked one step closer to Casimir. "I want to show you something."

Casimir furrowed his eyebrows and leaned against the backrest of his office chair. "Hmmm. If it's that important, then... let me see it."

"Then, observe." As Leal said the word, 9 exact copies of him walked out of his body and stood in front of the office table while staring at Casimir.

For a few seconds, Casimir just stared at the people in front of him while expressing no emotion on his face. He slowly exhaled and crossed his arms. "I see. So that's the advanced class skill that you have been hiding all this time." He calmly said while repeatedly nodding.

"This skill is called, The Protector's Counterparts. A summoning type advanced class skill that gives the user the ability to create precise copies of the user and each of them can use the skills that the user has, except for the Protector's Counterparts itself." Said one of the Leals. 

"Of course, that part no longer needs an explanation." The other Leal said while flicking his blonde hair. "I know that you already heard the voice of the Goddess of the Sky and the aspect of wisdom, Goddess Amihan, as a notice that you have finally copied my skill."

One of the clones walked toward Casimir. "However, there are some functions that were not mentioned as you received the skill. For example, every clone shared the same perceptions... What one of the clones see or hear... all of us will."

"Ah, I see." Casimir slowly nodded and leaned his jaw on his hand leaning on the armrest of his chair. "So which one is the real you?"

All at once, all the clones expressed a puzzling smile. "That's the good part, everyone can be the real me... depending on the situation and desire of the user. However, it's really painful for the brain to use this skill for too long and it comes with a high risk of losing one's individuality. That's why I don't always prefer to use this skill."

What resonated next to the room was Casimir's hands as he clapped while smiling at the ten Leals standing in front of him. "That's an amazing skill. No wonder you were reluctant to show it to me. That skill is a literal game-changer."

One of the Leals expressed a gentle smile, at the same time, the other Leals disappeared into thin air. "That's what I wanted to show you."

For a few seconds, the room remained silent as the two of them just stared at each other.

Casimir stood up. "I really do appreciate that you actually went on your way to show it to me. That's nice. However, why?"

Leal stared directly at Casimir's eyes with his face filled with sincerity. "Because you've just earned my full trust. I no longer have any doubt about you. I no longer care if you turn out evil and all this time has been plotting to conquer the world, or if it's really your real face you have been showing us. The only thing that is important to me is you have the capability to protect the things that I want to protect. And you've just proved to me that you have. That's why."

Casimir chuckled while scratching the back of his head. "Man... you're giving me too much credit. I hope you realize that by saying that, you've just put great pressure on me. Now, I have no choice but to try to meet that very high expectation of yours, which I don't think I could."

However, Leal did not reply and just watched him. He walked forward and grabbed one of the paperwork lying on the table. "Why not use your newly acquired skill now? You could finish your paperwork much quicker with that skill."

"Uh... About that." Casimir unleashed a much louder chuckle. "Anyway, I have to finish this shits soon, so I'm gonna need you to leave me alone for now."

Leal nodded. "Ah, my apology. Then, I'll take my leave now."

***

Near the capital of the kingdom of Erela, inside the battlefield where a bloody battle was occurring. A massive army had been fighting against each other while screaming in agony.

Human knights against human knights, each of them slaying each other while expressing horror on their faces. While the ten identical culprits were just watching them while expressing proud smiles on their faces.

"Don't!"

"Captain!"

"Forgive me! I can't stop myself!"

"Help!"

On the other hand, one of the Leals stared at the sky. With a gentle smile on his face, he brushed his hair up.

Suddenly, the person he was watching created a massive black ball of fire while drifting in the sky, and without even any moment of hesitation, he threw the gigantic fireball beneath him and instantly obliterated hundreds of human warriors who were unlucky enough to get caught up in the devastating attack. Their final cries of suffering resonated throughout the battlefield that brought great horror to all of his enemies. 

Leal smirked as he saw what just happened. "Casimir... He's not even trying to hold back anymore."

***

At the other part of the great forest of Fiora, far from the place of the ongoing battle, on top of a certain cliff where the occurring battle was completely visible even from afar. While the devastating black beam of light was flashing through the battlefield.

A certain someone was cheering for them.

"Go! Go! Mister Casimir! Go! Go! Warriors of Agrona!" Karoon jumped while raising her hand as she watched the battle occurring from afar. Her face was expressing a cheerful smile.

Not aware of a certain entity watching her from the thickness of the forest from behind. Wearing black clothing and having jet black back-length hair. Watching Karoon's every movement while hiding behind the trunk of a massive tree.

However, the innocent Karoon looked back while narrowing her eyes, directly looking at the location of the person who was observing her for a while. She slowly walked in the direction of the tree the person was hiding in.

As she got close enough, she slowly exhaled and jumped in, and found nothing. The person observing her was no longer there, the person disappeared the moment that person was detected by Karoon.

"Did you get bored that you just decided to catch something on that tree?"

As Karoon shifted her gaze, a huge smile emerged on her face. "Ehh! Mehrad! It's just you! You made me scared there for a second!"

A gentle smile emerged on Mehrad's face. "You should go back to watch them and don't just wander here alone. Surprisingly, there are tons of mosquitoes even around here."

Karoon repeatedly nodded. "I will, I will. Aren't you going to fight with them, Mehrad?"

Mehrad did not follow Karoon right away, instead, he pointed his gaze towards the deeper part of the forest while expressing a hostile expression on his supposed to be a very gentle-looking face. Towards a certain person walking away from them.

"Mehrad?" Karoon asked while looking back at him.

Mehrad smiled. "No. My job was to bring Casimir to the king of the kingdom of Erela, which I already did." He walked towards Karoon. "Besides, I don't think they still need my help. They could easily win that battle even without my help."

"Ehh! Just say it, you're just lazy and just decided to come here to take a nap. It's really a good thing that you have a very handsome face to make up for your laziness."

Mehrad chuckled. "I will take that as a compliment."

"Don't worry, it is." Karoon chuckled.

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

18