Chapter 155: Full Scale
425 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


***

(Casimir Kismet)

Man, they all look like just ants up here!

I thought an army consisting of 6,000 warriors was already ridiculously massive. Here I am looking at a fucking full-scale war! More than 100,000 warriors fighting on the battlefield is fucking terrifying to watch!

What I thought was a glorious battle between the town of Agrona and the kingdom of Milana looked like nothing compared to this war! This is what a real war looks like! Even with how many I kill, there are still tons of them left and still kicking!

And here I am with my adorable 2,000 warriors joining the war while announcing that we will be going to help a fucking kingdom with a much, much larger force than we could ever have!

"Leo, I'm gonna need your group to push their formation on the other side, I can see them running towards the capital, the exact opposite of where I want them to go."

[Right away, Boss.]

I shifted my gaze to the very core of the formation of the warriors of humanity. "Your group is doing a good job, Kuro. Just let them run in that direction. Don't chase after them, let the people of Erela handle the ones who are moving forward."

[I understand.]

"And you, Leal. Just tell me when you need some help while fighting there on your own. I will send reinforcements right away."

[Don't worry, I am fine.] I heard the voices as if ten people answered me all at once.

What an envy-inducing skill!

However, I have something cooler! I have a very cool form!

Behold! My Raven Knight Form! Thanks to the masterpiece of a skill, Synthetic Blacksmith, flight and extremely cool armor that I could switch on and off at will is now possible!

I don't need to see it! I know that I look cool in this fucking armor! I can pretty much visualize the faces of the people beneath because of how cool-looking my armor is!

I know, right? Even that ridiculously gorgeous king of the kingdom of Erela could not hide his amazement by just seeing my impressive armor!

And most of all, I can fly! Although, drifting in the sky for a long time is not as pleasant of an experience as I thought. 

I wandered my eyes around in the area as I heard familiar sounds coming near, I found another group of the Zeppelin bombardment force on their way again towards the capital of the kingdom. There were at least another ten of them.

Man, they are not planning to withdraw soon, aren't they? They are extremely adamant that it scares the hell out of me!

Welp, here we go again.

I exhaled and pointed my hand in the direction of the nearest Zeppelin from me and without a delay, a ball of light emerged near my hand. "Noir Flash."

Without a delay, a beam of black light emerged from the ball of light in front of me and surged towards the Zeppelin bombardment force. One instantly turned into ashes, and the other followed as I swung the massive beam of lights and slashed them as if I was using a very long blade.

As the batch of the Zeppelin bombardment force got wiped out, a war horn was sounded throughout the battlefield. But it was not from the forces of the kingdom of Erela. It was from the side of humanity.

And suddenly, the massive army moved in one direction with such speed.

From afar, I could hear the voices of the people beneath, most of them were screaming as they ran away from the location of the capital of the kingdom and the forces from our town.

Finally, People! 

They ran towards the only side that we had not covered yet.

[Boss, they're starting to retreat.]

"Let them be, it's not part of our plan to wipe them out anyway."

And I don't think we can! Just look at that massive force moving in one direction! That's a fucking massive swarm right there!

At least, they actually realized that they could no longer win. I thought I was gonna need to throw another ball of black fire at them again just to scare them enough to run away.

Luckily, I don't have to. Even though I admit, burning a large group of people with a massive black fireball was quite enjoyable.

What came next was the storming roar of the people beneath me as they watched their enemies run away from the battlefield. From afar, I could still see the silhouettes of more Zeppelins flying away.

I narrowed my eyes.

They are just taking their tactical retreat. This war is still far from over. There are still more of them that will come soon.

Should I chase after them and force my people to face that massive army on our own and whatever is waiting for us ahead, and risk their lives in the process?

No.

It could be a trap, Feigned retreat was not one of the most reliable war strategies for nothing.

And besides, the forces of the kingdom of Erela already took massive damage on their ends, forcing the battle to keep on going will just hurt them more, and fighting the forces of humanity with my much smaller army is not a good idea. I should never forget that the forces of humanity still have their overwhelming advantage when it comes to numbers of personnel against us and I still don't know how many of them are really in this place. There could be more of them, hiding somewhere, waiting.

If we push our luck a little further, we would end up being crushed by their quantity like a sandcastle against the waves of the sea. I can't let that happen.

I am not a genius when it comes to war, but I know enough to never get carried away by a fake victory occurring in front of me.

After all, our objective is to assist the kingdom of Erela, never to die for their sake.

"Good job, everyone. We've managed to drive them away." I looked down and stared at the location of the king of the Kingdom of Erela. "Now, let's have a meet and greet with the beautiful people of this kingdom."

Feel like being generous today? How about supporting me on my artistic journey? Be my patron for this month and read up to 20 chapters ahead!

17